Log In Sign Up

Laili Rose

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 31st, 2009, 09:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,718
i'm going to try this again!

Laili was born July 4th at 8:40pm (my sister-in-laws due date who hadn't delivered yet ) I had a feeling i was going to go early i just didn't think it would be the 4th of july! I had my 38 week appt that thursday and we had talked about inducing at 39 weeks just because i was so uncomfortable, but i told her i didn't plan on making it to 39 weeks and i was right

I woke up around 9am starting to have some contractions that didn't really concern me. They were very erratic and not very strong. I had also been having some seriously bad BH for the past few weeks so I didn't think much of them. I didn't even tell DH about them until he noticed on my face that something was going on. We, decided to go about our day putting up a new fence in the back yard and doing special things with Noah before his sister was born. The contractions were still coming whenever they felt like it. Sometimes 20 minutes sometimes 45 minutes and still not all that strong. We made a nice dinner and hung out with our neighbors for a little while, when I said I was going to go take a shower. At this point the contractions were getting more regular, still not all that painful. I got in the shower around 6pm and that is when they started making me have to really think about breathing. After my shower we got Noah ready for bed and called our friend to come watch him so we could go to the hospital. He got there around 8pm since I told him not to rush......big mistake.

We got in the car as soon as JT got there and I don't know if any of you know about interstate 76, but it should never be called an expressway! More often than not it's a parking lot, but we decided to try it anyway b/c provided that traffic was moving , it's the fastest way to HUP. All other ways take 40 mins minimum. So, we got on 76 and thankfully there was no traffic. Everyone was already downtown for the free concerts and fireworks! Thank god! We could've had a real mess in the car

We got to to the hospital at 8:25 and by this point i needed help to get into the ER. They got me into a wheelchair and took me into the ER. I gave them my information and while they were trying to figure out which area to take me, my water broke all over the place. not even 2 minutes out of the car and I'm talking all over the place, including the floor all the way up to the floor. Talk about disgusting. I get to the room where they admit you and they checked me, telling me I was 6 cm. I was thinking oh good, I have a few hours to rest and get my epidural (it took 4 hours to get from 6 to 10cm with DS). Boy was I wrong!!!

They checked her vertex and she was head down so they took me into my L&D room, at which point they asked me to move over to the bed. I was in the middle of a contraction, so it took me a little bit and as soon as I got on the bed I said i had to push. They told me no you don't you're only 6cm you'll tear your cervix if you push now. I was so persistent that i had to push they checked me again when I was able to turn on my back. That was a feat let me tell you!! She yelled out omg she's complete. Then she looks at me and says don't push. I just laughed at her and told her I wasn't doing it. I never saw so many dr's run into a room so fast. Laili decided to come all on her own with maybe a little push from me, before the bed was even broken down or the dr had his gloves on. Talk about quick!!! She had the cord wrapped around her neck and she put a knot in her cord from all of her moving around in there (that could've been really bad). I had a slight tear in my perineum and a tear in my urethra that wouldn't stop bleeding so they had to stitch that up too.

There is one thing I know that I never wish on my worst enemy and that is lidocaine in their crotch without any type of epidural or pain meds! OUCH!!! I think that was worse than the birth with no pain meds.....

As he stitched me up we were watching fireworks out the window for the 4th of July. Then..... I got an IV, my blood pressure taken and admitted. So, we got to the hospital at 8:25pm and she was born at 8:40pm.

Later that night when I was in my room I needed to go to the bathroom, so I called the nurse and she was helping me and thank god she was with me. I lost alot of blood when I stood up and the pain from peeing with a torn urethra was excruciating, at which point everything turned white and i completely passed out. next thing i knew DH was laying me back on the bed and calling out orders to the nurses. Thankfully he knew what to do b/c they were like deer in headlights. I earned myself an EKG that night too. What fun!!

I forgot to mention that when they brought me into the ER dh had to go park the car. By the time he got to the room her head was coming out. He almost missed the birth of his daughter!! I had to remind him to get the camera out of the bag to take pictures of her he was in such shock.

thanks so much BAM for my awesome siggy!

Reply With Quote
September 5th, 2009, 09:05 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chilly New England
Posts: 6,767
What a wild ride, Traci! That's a birth story! Congrats on beautiful Laili!

I always feel my stitches going in too..no fun. That's what we get for not having epidurals!
Hi, I'm Sara. I used to post here a lot when I was having the kids, but life got busy and it's been years since I was around. Now I'm back, and happy to be here.

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0