Log In Sign Up

Lorelei Maggie's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 13th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Super Dad AKA mommy
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 752
Rory(knickname) was due on November 3rd or 2nd depending who you talked to. W we went a week over and her Midwfes scheduled a bunch of checks that she figured would spur the baby into gear( a feeling ).
Wedenesday came around we were now 41 weeks 1 day and heading in for a US to check fluids. On the way out of the car at the US place Alyson felt a small gush of fluid about 2 tbsp. At the US she mentioned this and the first us tech couldn't find any fluid and said her water probably broke. Then she handed it over to a senior tech who found water but called our dr office anyways to report the water break. Midwifes wanted us to go home and see what happened they didn't think her water had broken because it wasn't a constant trickel.
3am thursday morning Alyson woke me up with more severe contractions that were about 5 min apart. We calle dthe Widwives at 9am and they told us to whait it out and checked back every few hours. 2pm came around and they were now about 4 mins apart. Midwife had us go in thinking it was very early labor because Alyson could talk through them and was very upbeat.

We arrived at the hospital at about 3pm and were put on the monitors. Nursers were doubtfull she was in labor becaus ethey were only measuring at about 8-10 minutes. The midwife came in and said she wanted to send us home but deceided to check to see if her water had broken which it had.
Now that spurred talk of Pitocin (which we were against) but we decided to do it beacuse of how overdue we were and the potential for infection.

Alyson was admitted and put on a pitocin drip and monitor at 4pm. As she was being checked in the nurse kept upping her pitocin. MAinly becaus ethe monitors wearn't showing contractions.

5 pm came around an Alyson was coping with constant contractions without a break. We meantions this and asked for them to drop the pitocin a bit which they did.

The next 4 hours where and ever increasing amount of pain and contractions the made Alyson miserable. Our hypnobirthing techniques were useless so the nurse offer her own breathing techniques, whiched hepled for a little bit.
Starting aroun 9 pm Alyson started to throw up and had to use the bathroom several times. The ocntractions were very hard and crippling her. She tried several positions and the balll and other things to cope with out luck.
Starting around 10 during a really bad contraction she screamed I need to push. the nurse jumped into motion and called the midwife in and they started pushing. Alyson could at most get 2-3 pushes per contraction and did this for the the next hour and 15. She pushed from several positions and was often not listening to isntructions because the pain was so much. This point the cervix was still cupped a little bit around the baby's head.
By about 11:10 we could see the baby's head starting to crown and urged Alyson through the last dozen contractions.
One the babies head was through she flew right out of there at 11:19pm.
Alyson suffered a few tears. And after the placenta arrived she started hemoraging. Three attempts where made to stop the hemoraging an every attempt brought painful exams to figiure out what was going on. The OB arrived at 3am and started toalk of a d&c to fix her uteris but waited it out by 4 the hermoraging pretty much stopped and we where moved to the post partum room. By friday at 9pm I have about 5 hours sleep and Alyson is on about 2 hours and we are exhausted. Rory is doing good and passing all tests with flying colors. Because Alyson has difficulty getting out of bed I am doing all the diaper changes.

So Lorelei came out at 22 inches 9 pounds 6oz wone big baby. She is very lean though.
And aboove all my wife Alyson is amazing performing this feat under pitocin with out pain killers.
Reply With Quote
November 13th, 2009, 08:15 PM
jmhick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,941
Glad Lorelei, mom and you are all doing well...besides the lack of sleep. I know y'all are excited to have her here!

Reply With Quote
November 15th, 2009, 12:02 PM
proudmomtoEthan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,648
Send a message via AIM to proudmomtoEthan
Congratulations!! Sounds like your wife did an awesome job with a great coach by her side! So happy to hear all of you are doing great!! Can't wait to see pictures! Go daddy on the diaper changing!
![/B] Thank you for the awesome siggy misfitinmn
Reply With Quote
November 15th, 2009, 06:03 PM
electriclids's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Henderson, Nevada
Posts: 3,000
Congrats on your natural childbirth!! I'm happy to hear of a pitocin induced labor with natural outcomes. That's one of my big fears!
Reply With Quote
November 15th, 2009, 06:07 PM
KCAmanda's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,430
What an amazing story! Sounds like you've got a beautiful new daughter & a strong wife! Congrats on the new addition!
Reply With Quote
November 15th, 2009, 06:47 PM
MReel11008's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,664
wow! She did a GREAT job!! I mean seriously give her a freaking hug from me! I couldnt do it and didnt do it. Once that pitocin was in i was getting an epidural (im super sensitive to the pitocin though in my defense ) I'm glad that she arrived safely and that all is going well for you all! Congrats again!!

just going to add that i dont see why they say it has to be a constant trickle when your water breaks! mine broke and i just had small gushes when i stood up and then one huge gush getting out of the car at the hospital. it didnt constantly trickle out of me either!

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0