Log In Sign Up

Owen's day

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 30th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 939
I want to say sorry in advance for typo's, my 3 y/o slammed my finger in a door today but here goes. On Thanksgiving we went in for routine BP monitoring and it was up and I was +3 protein in my urine. My midwife decided it was time. We scrambled to get my parents back to take ds and get our bags. I was given my first dose of pitocin at around 3pm. DH got things settled and joined me but I did not feel anything until 7pm. It was around 8pm that I hit 3 cm and received my epidural. We did lots of sleeping and then when I was 6 cm (time?) I felt some discomfort and was pretty much up. It moved quickly at that point and it was time to push at about 4am. My midwife was still on call so she was able to deliver him. I was having trouble with pushing. Both DH and I got sick and then his heart rate was droppping. They told me basically we needed to get him out. I pushed and then his head and hand were delivered. The little stinker had his hand over his head. Unfortunately he also had the cord tightly around his neck. My dreams of holding him immediately were gone. The midwife had to cut the cord before he was fully deleivered. It was very scarey and his first apgar was a 2 and he was silent. Thankfully because they acted so quickly he rebounded quickly and was only in the level 2 nursery for just over an hour. His 5 minute apgar was an 8. DH went to the nursery with him and I was alone for some time. It was sad but we are just so thankful. Our midwife said if we had waited ti induce it could have been bad, so everything came together the way it was meant to. Also, it hurt less this time to push him out. That is our birth story thanks for reading.
Reply With Quote
December 1st, 2009, 06:54 AM
CaddyMom126's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: May 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,328
Wow! It sounds like you had a little scare, but I am so glad to hear that he's ok and his apgar shot up like that.
I hope things continue to go well for you all.
Congratulations to you and DH!!

Reply With Quote
December 2nd, 2009, 11:04 AM
lil duckies mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bothell,WA
Posts: 6,141
I am glad it all turned out great for you in the end and enjoy that baby!

Thank you Claire1979!
Reply With Quote
December 6th, 2009, 06:01 AM
Formerly LyndaSLP
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 6,379
Wow, that must have been so scary! Glad your MW acted quickly and had you induced. Congrats on your baby boy! Thanks for sharing your birth story.

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0