Log In Sign Up

Lorali Lee's Birth Story 11/25/09

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 7th, 2009, 07:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,219
Wow I can't beleive it has almost been two weeks already, I figure I need to get this typed up before I forget anything. I feel like I am already starting to forget some of it so hopefully I can get it typed up pretty good.

It all started Tuesday 11/24, I had a Midwife appointment at 9:15 am, I had already been to the Midwife's office on Monday 11/23 due to a long lasting headache so although Tuesday was my original appointment for that week it was more like a follow up. They had done some bloodwork on Monday and put me on Bedrest till my appointment Tuesday. Since I was on Bedrest my mom was going to go into work late that day so she could drive me to my appointment. Anyways, I get to the appointment and of course do the regular weight, urine and BP. BP was normal, but there was protein in my urine so the midwife was a little concerned. So she got the results from my bloodwork the day before, they checked my liver funtion and platlet count, my liver function was normal I guess but my platlet count was low. Apparently pre-e can cause you to have a low platlet count, I didn't know that. LoL. So with my headaches, protein in my urine and low platlet count my midwife was a little concerned with pre-e. Even though my BP was normal she said they have seen that before, someone having pre-e without having a high blood pressure. Plus with my history, I was induced with DS because of the same reason although with him I DID have high BP. The midwife was originally going to send me home to do a 24 hour urine (which I REALLY didn't want to do, I had to do one with DS and it was a pain in the butt) but she figured she would go talk to the OB at the office and see what he thought. She said he might want to have me deliver before I get worse, so she left the room for a few minutes and when she came back she opened the door and said Okay We are sending you over to L&D so you can have this baby. I was a little suprised but SO Happy that I was finally going to get to see my baby. As much as I didn't want to be induced, I was already over due (only by one day, LoL) and I was starting to think my body didn't know what to do to go into labor on it's own so I was READY. I called DH who was at work (Tuesday is their BUSIEST day at work) and he asked if he should leave work. I told him to hang out for a little longer and I would call him once We were settled into L&D because I knew it would take a little while to get settled in and get the IV before they would even start the induction. So We go over to L&D and the Midwife on call for my office had apparently ordered more BW, she said she wanted to get the results of that before starting the induction. I didn't know why but oh well they went ahead and did that, and although my platlet count was a LITTLE higher than the last BW the Midwife again talked to the Dr and they decided to go ahead and keep me and start the induction. I guess the reason they wanted to do the BW is they were thinking of sending me home because L&D was PACKED and We got the LAST room they had so if anyone went into labor and came in they wouldn't have a room available. LoL. At one point that day I heard they had a few women laboring in the C-Section Recovery room waiting for a L&D room to open up. Anyways, so they had already had my IV in because instead of poking me over and over to get the BW they decided to go ahead and put the IV in and take the blood that way so I would only have to be poked once and I would need an IV anyways (I am not an EASY person to get blood from). So they started me on just fluids and gave me Cytotec (sp?) orally to thin out my cervix. I was suprised cause when I got induced with DS I received the Cytotec vaginally but they wanted to start my induction out slowly because I was only 1cm and still high and thick so I wasn't very favorable for induction according to them and orally cytotec works a little slower than vaginally I guess. Well about an hour after I received the Cytotec I got up to go to the bathroom and realised that the pad I was sitting on was wet, so they tested the fluid and apparently my water was leaking. By then I had called DH and told him what was going on, of course he freaked out thinking he didnt have time since He was still at work and I needed him to go to the house on the way but I told him he had PLENTY of time. He could have actually stayed at work a little longer but one of the ladies there told him that if he didn't leave by 1pm she was MAKING him leave. So at 1pm he left work, went home and got all our stuff and came up to the hospital. By then it was probably about two. I was still pretty suprised that I was already leaking fluid, and that kinda changed the plans for the induction. They were going to just do the cytotec and check me later in the evening, if I hadn't progressed they were going to do more cytotec and wait till the morning to start the pitocin but since my water was leaking they only like you to labor for so long so they decided to go ahead and start the pitocin the day. So at about 3:30 they started the pitocin, I think I was on the pitcocin a few hours when the Midwife came in to check me and break my water more. Since I was only leaking she wanted to break it hoping that would get things going a little better. I beleive at that point I was like a 2, when she broke the waters Lorali's head must have been in the way cause nothing really came out but we knew it would once she got moving more. So I decided I wanted to sit in the rocking chair for a little while cause I was tired of the bed, so I got up and sat there for a while. After sitting in the chair for a little while all of a sudden I had a HUGE Gush. Water went EVERYWHERE. LoL. So I had to get up and We cleaned the mess up a little bit, then I sat back downand not long after I sneezed and I swear water came SHOOTING out. LoL. It was SO FUNNY that Me, My Mom and DH were all CRACKING up. How many people in labor that are contracting about 2-3 minutes apart can sit there and CRACK UP laughing. Anyways another clean up. LoL. By then the contractions were getting pretty intense, I was having to breath through them. Another larger L&D room became open and they asked If I wanted to switch rooms because they usually didn't like delivering in the room I was in because it was kinda small. Since the new room was only across the hall I agreed it was not an easy walk across the hall, the pain was getting pretty bad. By then it was probably close to 10pm and the contractions where pretty bad, so I had the midwife check me and I was SHOCKED that I was only 3cm. So I decided at that point I wanted Nubain, I had orignally wanted to go completly natural and my DH knew it so he kept asking me ARE YOU SURE, and encouraging me that I could do it and I was doing SO WELL. But at that point I was ready, I could feel my body tensing up with every contraction and I knew that wasn't helping and I needed to relax so they went ahead and got the Nubain for me. Once I got the nubaine it DID NOT help with the pain of the contractions, I thought it would at least take the edge off but it didnt help the contractions at all but it did help me rest between contractions. My DH thought it was hilarious cause I would sit there and breath with the contraction but then once it was over I would be so relaxed half the time I would fall asleep in between contractions but as soon as another contraction came I was awake and breathing through it. A Few hours later I started feeling the urge to push, it was a strong urge yet but they came and checked me. I was 8cm, so they started setting everything up for the birth and told me to tell them when I had a STRONG urge to push and they would check me again. Literally a few minutes later I had a STRONG Urge to push and I could feel my body pushing with the contractions. So the midwife checked me and I had just a lip of cervix left. So she had me push a little to see if I could push it away that last little bit and sure enough with that push it was gone. So she had me continue pushing, and with about three more pushes Lorali was out. It was a pretty easy delivery and I didn't tear at all. I tore pretty bad with DS so thought I would go through that again this time but thankfully I didnt. And I am SO GLAD because this recovery has been SO MUCH easier than my recovery with DS. I was SO SORE with DS but with this one I feel Great. Anyways Lorali was born at 1:37am weighing 8lbs 10ozs and 21" long. She is PERFECT. Sorry for such a long birth story but I wanted to make sure to include everything. I hear Lorali waking up so I gotta go now, If you read this whole thing THANK YOU.

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0