Log In Sign Up

Kylie Grace 12/11/09 *with pictures*

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2009, 07:43 AM
Alison81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 7,593
It was an easy labor, so much easier than E's, so I can probably type my birth story in a paragraph, lol, but I'll try to add more details. I started having contractions at 4am. They hurt, but they weren't anything worse than contractions I had been having for days. I started timing them, and did notice that they were very consistent, every 5-6 minutes. A couple times they would hurt so bad it was hard to concentrate. I still managed to make lunch for E, take my dog out, and almost decided to go to work because I didn't think they were that bad. I called R, his stepmom, my friend Di, and my other friend Melissa and told them I was off to the hospital to get checked, since the contractions were hurting, but I didn't need them to come with me. I told R that I didn't want him to leave work until I knew it was real. This was around 7:30am. I drove to the hospital, and the contractions were every 5 minutes but remember I was having contractions for days so I wasn't sure if it was real.

I got there and told the people at the ER that I needed to go to the birth place because I was having contractions. I felt a little silly because I was like, watch this not be it. I got there at 8:30am, hooked me up to the monitors, and I was having pretty strong contractions every 5 minutes. The nurse was like, well, you are definitely having good contractions, so my guess is you're gonna stay here! She was like, I can't believe you thought these might not be real! My doctor was there, so he came in and checked me. I was 2-3cm, and he said if things don't pick up, he'd just do the induction that day instead of monday. So they hooked me up to an IV and started the antibiotics because I was GBS+. He was tempted to go and break my water then, but decided to wait. I also wanted everyone to get there first. I texted R and told him to hurry and get there because she was definitely going to be born. He was kind of surprised and was like, what, are you serious!? His stepmom called him and told him to get there too. Texted everyone else after I texted him. My friends Di and Melissa got there at 9:30am and so did R. R was amazingly helpful, held my hand the whole time, even though he was in a state of shock the whole time, lol. He said he was really nervous, and afraid he was gonna pass out, he never did. It was great having the three of them there, even during contractions they would be making me laugh, and we were joking and just having a good time. At around 10:30am I was 6cm, and my doctor broke my water. Things picked up then and got more painful, but manageable. Even R's dad came in, and in-between contractions I was able to talk to everyone. I even talked during contractions, more to destract myself than anything. Although, sometimes they hurt so bad I would tell everyone to stop talking and just rub my back and hold my hand until it was over. At 11:30am I was 8cm, and things were getting more painful, but I was still managing, and feeling good. The nurse kept asking how I felt, and I would say, in pain, but it means it's getting closer so I am happy. My doctor asked if I wanted any pain meds at that point, and I said, well, only 2cm to go, I think I'll make it, lol. At around 12pm my doctor came in again and I was 8-9cm, but my bladder was really full so I had to get a catheter. I was more scared of that then anything. R's mom walked in then, and she came in and held my hand, because I was writhing in pain when they were putting the catheter in on top of having painful contractions. I had burning pain from the catheter, and strong contractions, all at the same time. It was horrible, but I honestly felt a lot better once my bladder was emptied, I could feel her move down more too. After my bladder was emptied I went to 9cm, almost 10cm with a small lip. My doctor started trying to push the lip back, and had me try pushing, which was awful because I didn't feel the urge to push at all. It hurt so bad when he was trying to push that lip back. I was near tears, and not pushing very good at all because it hurt to push. But he did that one more time, and with the next contraction, I started feeling like pushing, and told them I was going to push even though I hated the pushing part. My doctor was like, who knew you'd have a baby before I am even off work, good for you. They broke the bed down then, and I started to push since I couldn't really control the urge at that point. I got nervous because he started saying, looks like it might be a bigger baby then your last 6lb 5oz baby. I was like, how big?? And R's mom was like, R was 8lbs 14oz when he was born, and I was like, oh no, lol. It definitely felt harder to push her out then it was with E. But I pushed out her head in one contraction, I was so happy when I knew she was almost out. I had to get a small episiotomy to get the rest of her body out. I slightly remember my doctor saying he was making a small episiotomy, and then she'd be here. R's mom was crying, and so were my two friends. I started crying too because I couldn't believe she would actually be here, finally. And with the next push, she was out. I kept asking R if he was okay, he wasn't saying anything, he was in such shock, lol. He kept looking at me, and getting choked up. I started crying then, because she was crying great, and looked great and healthy. After everything I went through emotionally, it was nice to have the delivery be what it was.

This is how R looked right after she was born, I find these kind of cute, funny

Going home


Thank you AlexKatieAiden Mommy for my siggy!

Last edited by Alison81; December 19th, 2009 at 12:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
December 18th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 12,369
Congratulations Alison,she's beautiful.

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

Reply With Quote
December 19th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Formerly LyndaSLP
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 6,379
Congratulations on Kylie's birth! I can't believe you drove yourself to the hospital! I'm glad everything worked out in the delivery room and that you had so much support. Kylie is beautiful TFS your birth story.

Reply With Quote
December 19th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Sally5's Avatar Exhausted Mommy!
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Central Georgia, USA
Posts: 3,136
What a beautiful birth story *tears* She is gorgeous!!! TFS!
~*Sally*~ wife to Chris since 2000, mom to Morgan (12), Jonah (8), and Jaxson (3)

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0