Log In Sign Up

Lucien 12/11/09

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 21st, 2009, 07:40 PM
Crystal O_o's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,166
We arrived at the hospital at 6am and checked in with the nurses in labor and delivery. They set us up in the L&D room right away and got the paperwork started. Then I changed did my urine sample and hopped in the bed to get hooked up to the monitors. At this point they started a regular IV. Around 7:30ish my doctor arrived and told them to start me on pit. They started pit and my doctor broke my water which was very uncomfortable. At this point contractions started and every contraction would release a gush of water. I think this was one of the most uncomfortable things since you are just sitting in water and you just want them to change the pad every time they come in to see you.

Anyways I was only a 1 after about an hour. Then two hours pass and I am dilated to 2cmís. I asked for some pain meds to help take the edge off since the contractions where started to get worse. The nurse put morphine through my IV which made me dizzy and loopy and thatís about it. It did not relieve any pain in my abdomen what so ever. So I declined another round after another hour of waiting and being only 2.5 cmís.

I am not feeling to good at this point and begged for my epi, the nurse said I was a tight 3cmís and that they would like me to hold out until I was a 4. Luckily around this time my Dr came in to check on me. The nurse told him I was a 3 and I wanted a Epi. He said give her one. I was so happy but little did I know it would take almost 2 hours to actually get it.

By the time the anesthesiologist came I was already dilated to a 5-6. I was in so much pain and they knew it. The hardest part for me was staying still so they could place the epi. He did it during a contraction and it was so painful and I had to really focus. I was so relieved to finally have the epi and it seemed like I only had it for about an hour.

My Doc came in and checked me, itís was around 4pm at this time and he said you are ready. I could not believe it. He said I was fully dilated and ready to go. So now everything is moving so fast. It seemed like a million nurses came in to the room. So the Dr. sets everything up and they get me started to push. I push for a good 45 minutes and the Dr said that he was coming down any further and got stuck. I noticed also that the cut my epi completely off. So now I am having one contraction after the other and my babies head is stuck in my pelvis and it feels like someone is breaking my bones down there.

I scream to the nurses to please put my epi back on. One nurse said it was on, I knew it wasnít. I was screaming in pain waiting to go into the OR. Then another nurse came in and she said the machine said idle. She tried to get it started again and her code didnít work so they had to wait for the anesthesiologist to come and do it. They said he was in the elevator on the way up. They lied again, another 30 minutes of agony until he arrived and finally pumped something through my epi.

It wasnít until I reached the OR that I began to feel relief. The rest is a bit of a blur. I remember them placing me on the new stretcher in this really white room. They strapped my arms down, and things started. I just laid there and waited. I didnít even know if my husband was there or not. Then I feel some pulling and tugging and then I hear it, the most beautiful cry ever. A strong cry too. He was here, but I couldnít see him. I kept looking and nothing. So I just waited. Finally my husband came over with him and I got to see him for the first time. It was so fuzzy though and I felt like I had no emotion. My husband gave me a kiss and they both left.

I realized that something wasnít right with me. The Drís seemed to be taking a lot of time with me. They finally wheeled me into triage around 8:20pm and thatís where I learned I lost a lot of blood. Here is where it got a bit scary. A lot of nurses working on me, I was swollen to the max and they wanted to add another iv on my other arm. Other nurses frantically trying to get blood for me and some other type of meds. From what I was hearing my blood pressure was low, my heart rate was irregular and they couldnít stabilize me. Finally I got two units of blood and things started to look better. They talked about putting me in ICU but I guess I started to make better progress. I did not leave triage until Midnight.

They rolled me back to L&D instead of the PP rooms. I guess they felt that I needed the extra attention and I ended up in the same room I was in the week prior. Then they got my husband and I was so thrilled to see him. Then they brought me my baby. They told me they would keep him in the nursery for me but I did not want that.

I found out that my placenta was stuck to my uterus and they had to cut it out. So basically even if I had delivered my baby vaginally I would have had to have surgery regardless.

Lucien was born at 7:48pm on December 11th , he was 6lbs 11 ounces and 18 inches long.


Thank you ~Vicki~ for the wonderful signature.
Check out my etsy store for handmade boutique baby items http://MistyDaysBoutique.etsy.com
Reply With Quote
December 21st, 2009, 11:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,956
Lurking from March..he is so cute! I am sorry you had a scary delivery!
Reply With Quote
December 24th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Easton's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,111
Yeah, sounds like quite the delivery! Im glad everything worked out and you have a beautiful baby boy!

Thank you Vicki for my AMAZING siggy!

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0