Log In Sign Up

Jordan Elizabeth's birth story!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 27th, 2009, 07:17 AM
JordyB's Mommy's Avatar Veteran
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 411
So friday, December 11th @ 6pm I started to have some contractions and I brushed them off as nothing until I woke up saturday and I still had them so I decided if they kept up that at noon I start to try and time them. Well I was getting anywheres from 4-10minutes apart so I was like they're nothing. Well they started to feel closer together and more regular so I started to time them again and they were 4-6minutes apart. So I called the hospital at 2pm and asked if I could come over and get hooked up to the monitor to see if what I was feeling were real contractions and how far apart they really were cause I didn't want to be wasting my time timing BH. I live only a few small blocks away from the hospital. So I went in and they were regular and 3-5minutes apart and I had dilated 2CM more since friday night. So they told me this was it and they called the doctor and he okay'd me leaving to labor at home. And I was to come back @ 7pm to be hooked back up to the monitor and check on things. Well once I came back and was hooked up my contractions decided to get more intense but they became irregular and went back to every 4-10minutes apart. So I came back home where they stayed that way and by sunday night completely stopped. Monday I started to get cramp again and that afternoon little miss Jordan decided to roll over (thank goodness) so she was no longer sunny side up.

Tuesday, December 15th @ 6:31pm I got my first contraction since sunday afternoon and this time they started right out pretty intense and they started out at 5minutes apart. We called the hospital @ 7:30pm and we're told to come in, so we headed in shortly after...I was hooked up to the monitor @ 8:30pm and this time they promised it was it and the doctor checked me and I was 4CM and 100% effaced. The doc on call was my doc who hadn't been on called since the beginning of november, Jordan always reacted better and cooperated in the office when it was my doc, so I told her that must be Jordan stopped my labor because she wanted to wait for her. So I labored until 10:30pm and then I started to get sick with contractions so I asked for something to help with that. So they checked me again cause once you start getting sick it normally means you've made some kind of progress well I was now 4.5CM. 4hours of good intense contractions and I got a whole half CM, and my doc thought because this was my first that I would be in labor a really long time. Well I had been up early that day and worked so I knew I needed to rest or there was no way I would be able to push when it came time. So the doc offered me some meds to help me sleep as well. Meds finally got to me around midnight at the same time they decided to break my water. My mom and her mom never once in any of their deliveries had their water break on its own. But as soon as the docs broke it their labor would fly. My doc actually listened and took that into consideration. So roughly 12am they broke my water and gave me the meds. Well they didn't exactly work, I wasn't able to rest because now my contractions were 30seconds to 1minute apart, they did help with getting sick though.

Then @ roughly 2:15am I was complete and ready to start pushing. My doctor couldn't believe how I went from 4 to 10 in 2hours and so she was caught completely off gaurd when the nurse woke her up. I pushed and in the middle of it they asked if I'd like to rewind back to the beginning of the night and let them tape me to show other's how to deal with the pain and how to push. I managed to keep my promise to myself and I dealt with the pain and I didn't scream, swear or call DH names, or hurt DH for that matter. Until the very last 5 seconds, I ended up tearing pretty bad but it was internal so there was nothing anyone could have done to prevent it, it was going to happen no matter how much I prepared or the doc did while I was pushing. I did yell when that happened but it was fast so not for long, but it wasn't even so much the pain it was more then shock and being caught off gaurd cause I had never asked anyone what that felt like so I didn't know what it was or how long that pain was going to last. But for me to only yell a whole 2 seconds throught all of labor and delivery is pretty dang good.

And finally on December 16th, 2009 @ 3:02am, Jordan Elizabeth made her big entrance into the world measuring 6lbs 10.5oz and 20.5inches long! We are so happy with our little girl! I'm so glad she's finally here!

The recovery has been a pain. No one warned me what that was going to be like so I was expecting it to be like this. And the stiches internally don't make it any better. But my labor and deliever was not that bad, you could have asked me while pushing if I wanted another one even while feeling the pains and I would have said yes. I could redo my labor and delivery over and over. It's the recovery that makes me think twice, lol.

Here's some pictures....
(sorry they are so big, I haven't had time to resize them)

They are already best friends! My two girls! They both are cuddle bugs and I normally end up with both anytime I sit down or lay down.
Thank you benevolent for my amazingly beautiful siggy!

Reply With Quote
December 30th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 26
She is GORGEOUS! The pic with the doggie is too cute
Reply With Quote
January 2nd, 2010, 10:13 PM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tulare, CA
Posts: 13,686
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
Congrats she is beautiful! Sounds like you have a great labor too

Reply With Quote
January 6th, 2010, 07:52 AM
JordyB's Mommy's Avatar Veteran
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 411
Thank you ladies! I did have a great labor and delivery, I'll definately be having more kids and hoping for a repeat minus the tear but if that's the only real painful part again I'll still be statisfied with how it goes.
Thank you benevolent for my amazingly beautiful siggy!

Reply With Quote
January 8th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Sariedakota's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,440
Awww she's beautiful! Congrats!!

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0