Log In Sign Up

Matthew Robert's story....

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2010, 11:05 AM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,347
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
I started having contractions around 1am Monday morning. Finally broke down and went to the hospital around 330am. They weren't very strong but they were about 5-6 minutes apart. They left us in triage for about 4.5 hours because I wasn't dialated at the first check around 5am. Next check at about 730 I was 1 cm so they started the admitting process. I unfortunately had major back labor. I don't remember when they started the pitocin, but they did have to give me some because I wasn't progressing enough, but was having the major contractions. They gave me something to try to ease them, but not my epi yet. Then I finally go my epi...yes I guess it might hurt a little, but I was in such pain from my contractions that I didn't feel it at all. But I sure felt better after. That was about 4pm or so Monday evening. Then I took a nap. Woke up, realized that the chart was showing that my contractions were 2 minutes apart and really strong...(me to mom- "Oh look I guess I'm having another one" gotta love that epi!!!) Finally 10 cm at about 1130, so they had me start pushing then. About this time, DH started having major issues, turns out we think he had a small bout with food poisoning. So between bathroom runs, he was right there helping me breathe and encouranging me. His mom and my mom were both in the room too, but off in a corner, out of the way, but within sight. Matt finally arrived on Tuesday morning at 321am. He did weigh exactly 6lbs and was exactly 19in long. He was down to about 5lbs 8oz when we left on Thursday. But he is now up to 9lbs 10oz and doing very well.


Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0