Log In Sign Up

Chayse's Birth Story....... Long Over Due

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected]ustmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2010, 09:15 AM
Chayse&HudsynsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Fredericton, NB, Canada.
Posts: 1,217
So here is the story that is long over due.

Dec 11th(Friday my edd)- I went in for my 40 week appointment, everything was well BP was still a little high so the Dr. decided to put in orders to have a u/s done on baby that following Monday to check on baby to see how he was doing. She also did a sweep that hurt oh so much. Not a pleasant way to get labor started I tell yeah. So she set an induction date for that following Friday. I was to go in and have the gel put in and then to go home and wait till the morning to be officially induced.

Dec 12th- Rolls around and the contractions start in the afternoon. Feeling super crampy and nauseated. They were about 10 - 15 minutes apart and my mucus plug started to be lost, so I knew something was going to happen for sure. We wait for awhile but nothing was close enough to bring us to the hospital. So we stayed home and relaxed and just waited for something to happen.

Dec 13th- By mid afternoon the contractions were 5-7 minutes apart and getting stronger, so we thought it was worth a trip up to the hospital to get checked out this time. We went in and they hooked me up and took a look at the baby and the cx that I was having the were still pretty my 5-7 mins apart. The nurse checked my cervix and I was only 1 cm dilated and 0 station. So basically not a thing was going on down there at all. Not the news anyone wants to hear right. So the nurse checked with the Dr. and and he decided to send us back home to try and wait it out. We arrived back home and only to have the cx's getting more and more closed. It wasn't the pain that was bothering me I just really wanted the baby to be here. So at about 11 pm we went back up to the hospital with the cx's 3-4 mins apart. Again they hooked me up and checked me and I was still 1 cm and 0 station, so my body was going threw all the stages but my uterus wasn't. So back home we went. With orders to take a bath and some Tylenol and gravol to help me sleep.

Dec 14th- By 1 am the cx's were getting close again, like 3-4 mins, and they were getting painful at this point, every time a contraction came i had to pee or have a bowel movement, every single time I got one I had to run to the bathroom, I had to keep my body moving or I felt like I was going to panic with the pain that was coming behind them. Poor hubby didn't know what to do, he called L&D and asked them a couple of questions about what was going on, and the nurse said it was all normal and if I wanted to come back in I could. Struggling to make a decision to go was hard, I didn't want to be sent back home to wait it out some more. We waited about an hour more and then got all our bags ready popped in the car and away we went it was 4:45 am, the cx at this point were 1-2 mins apart and coming fast, I had to be wheeled up to L&D because I could not walk at all the were so close.

We got up stairs and I got myself undressed and into a johnny gown and in to bed, they hooked me up and everything looked great cx's were for sure 1-2 mins and still going strong. The nurse checked me to see how dilated i was this time. Well I was already 4-5 cm at 5:30 am, so we got on the phone and called my mom and told her it was time to have a baby, and then proceed to called our other family and let them in on the news.

They started my iv, and gave me my doses of penicillin and I was allowed to have the fentenol as well. Pretty much after that everything happened so quickly. The nurses checked me again at 7 am and I was already 9 cm, the nurse then asked me if I wanted an epidural and because I had made it that far already without it I really didn't need it at all, and the nurse agreed that I was a tough cookie and could do this with one!!! I was pretty happy about that too. So from this point we had to wait to push because the new OB was coming on at 8 am, so by 8 am we started to push with every contraction. It went very well my body just wanted to push. No pain at all just it was very natural for me.

I pushed for about 2 1/2 hours and he didn't want to come out every time I would push he would come out and then go back in, every time. And I was getting tired they tried everything they even had me on the toilet pushing but no such luck at all, they were pretty sure he was stuck behind my pelvic bone and that was preventing him from come out. I was very emotional because I couldn't get him out it was very frustrating to me.

So the Dr. came in and we mad the decision to get him out via forceps. After that everything happened so fast, the anesthesiologist came in and explained the spinal and all the other stuff that was going to happen in the OR, DH was giving scrubs and they wheeled me off to the OR. When I go in the placed the spinal in which was great. I didn't feel any more contractions, which was kinda bad when it came time that they wanted me to push and I couldn't feel anything. DH joined me and they started to place the forceps in to get baby Chayse out. With every cx they got me to push and the nurses pushed on my belly while the 2 Dr.s pulled and tugged on Chayse to get him out. They tried 2 times with no luck, he just wasn't coming out!! So with the third contraction the pulled and his head finally came out!!! phewp what a relief. And with another contraction my beautiful baby was born at 12:12 pm,weight 7lbs 2 oz and was 21 1/2 inches. DH cut his cord that the NICU team checked him over, he didn't cry at first kinda struggled, he had a lot of fluid on his lungs from being in the birth canal too long and taking in too much fluid. So they let me see him one more time before they took him off to the nicu.

So here comes the painful part. While they were pulling him out i tore and they cut me. I had a third degree tear. It took them 45 minutes to stitch me up. I lost a lot of blood as well with the tear. But my little boy was here healthy so I didn't mind at all that I went threw something like that at all. They also kept Chayse in the NICU for 7 hours before I got to see him, and with that time I lost the first time connection, and the feed him formula because I didn't have my milk yet, I lost my bonding time and he doesn't BF like I really wanted him too.

As soon as Chayse was born I looked at my DH and told him that I wanted another. Because the experience was go great and my body accepted it was I wanted to it all over again!!!!So we plan on getting pregnant before the year is out!!!

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0