Log In Sign Up

Slaton Haskle 12-3-09

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2010, 05:57 PM
jovon_84's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 991
I woke you Thursday morning and had some spotting. I was very excited because I was over due by 5 days at this point. I went with Sky to check the cattle. We went and got some breakfast while we were out. I was having some contraction and felt like it was going to be the day. We came home and ate, we had gotten our food to-go. I was timing the contractions and they were getting closer together. We went for a walk to see if we could speed things up any. After the walk we went to turn the cattles water off as it was very cold out. When we got back to the house I told Sky that I though we better go to the Dr. We got our stuff that we need that we hadn't put in the car yet and off we went. When we got the Dr. office he didn't think I was having the contraction like I was saying because I wasn't acting like I was in that much pain. They took my blood pressure and it was high so they tested for protien in my urine and there was. Kim, Dr. Keith's wife told us that we would be having the baby as he wouldn't send me home with my blood pressure that high. Dr Keith check and I was 2 cm and about 50 % efface but baby's head was still really high. He said to go over to the hospital they would start the pitocin and we would see how things progressed and if I wasn't making progress by 5 or 6 he would want to do a c-section, it was about 2:30 point. Kim took us over to the hospital to the women's center. I had to get into the hospital gown and then they hooked me up to the monitors. I was having contractions pretty frequently. We were trying to get a hold of everyone at this point so no one would miss out on his birth. They got my IVs started and then the girl wanted to check and see if I had made any progress. When she went to check my water broke and and was all blood. I knew that wasn't right and could tell something was wrong. She put the pad that was on the bed to the side and said she was going to call Dr. Keith and tell him my water broke. Pretty quickly, like maybe 10 minutes after she called, Dr. Keith showed up and looked at the pad. After on look he told the nurse to call the operating room and tell him he needed it for a c-section stat. I was really scared at that point because I knew he thought something was wrong as well. He told us that with all the blood when my water broke, the high blood pressure, and the chance of a big baby that we needed to get the baby out as soon as possible and not to be moving around any. I didn't have time for and epidural so I would be put to sleep for the c-section, which meant that Sky couldn't be in the room. At that point the nurse was back and she got the IV and stuff ready to be moved, Dr. Keith went down to get ready for the surgery. I told Sky bye and was wheeled off. We went down stairs to the operating room. I was moved to the operating table and prepped for the surgery.They told me they wouldn't start the medicine to put me out until the last minute so the baby would get less of it. Dr. Keith was in the hall and I heard him say as soon as Dr. Coffey gets here tell me and I will start while he is scrubbing in. I have never been so scared in my life I knew things were serious by the way everyone was acting. The anesteologist had put the mask on funny where it was in my eye Dr. Keith came and said we are about to get started and fixed my mask. Next I heard the nurse say he is here and the anesteologist told me to take some deep breaths, I was light headed and then that was all I remember. When I woke up I was in recovery and the nurse as me if I wanted to see the baby they held him up where I could see and they let me give him a kiss before he went upstairs to the nursey. I was cold and shaking so bad and the incision site was killing me. I must have dozed back off because the next thing I remember is being up in the ICU room and Sky coming in, then they brought the baby to me. I was so happy to get to hold him finally. I held him and he nursed for the first time and then my family came in and we told them his name Slaton Haskle. They left and Sky's family came in and we told them the name. Then we ran through letting my Aunt Dana and Aunt Joni and Tara, Kara, Ciara, and Tanner come in to see him. Since I was in ICU there was only suppose to be 2 people at a time back there with me but the nurses where nice and we had 5 at some point. I had a blood pressure cuff on that was driving me crazy it kept taking my blood pressure every 15 minutes and it felt like it was going to cut my arm off. Slaton stayed in my room for the night I barely slept all I wanted to do was hold him. I was hurting terrible and they gave me a shot of morphine but I didn't get anymore because it made me sleepy and I wanted to be with him. Sky slept in the chair in the ICU room with us. The next morning they got me cleaned up and since I was going good I got to move to the regular post partum rooms. I got up and walked for the 1st time to get in the wheel chair it hurt terrible. My incision was cut up and down since it was an emergency and it felt like it was tearing in half. I got a shower when I got to my new room that felt great. I found out that Slaton hadn't bee breathing when he was born and they had to recesitat him. The placenta had completely abrupted and he wasn't getting any air. The Dr. said if I wouldn't have came in when I did that we would have had a different outcome. He had blood coming out of his eyes the first day from all the bleeding I had done. We got to come home on Sunday, I had to stay an extra day from normal due to everything that had happened.

Reply With Quote
January 27th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington State
Posts: 13,080
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
wow, how scary!! So glad everything turned out okay in the end though.
Kellisa, Mama to:
Courtney, Nola, Kya, Whitney, and baby girl #5 coming soon!
Reply With Quote
January 27th, 2010, 08:57 PM
MReel11008's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,664
I can see why it took so long to write. I would be crying each time i thought about it too. That is scary. But im so glad that everything turned out ok and that he is happy and healthy now!!

Reply With Quote
January 27th, 2010, 09:07 PM
jovon_84's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 991
thanks girls

Reply With Quote
January 28th, 2010, 06:09 AM
JT_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,978
Wow, that is a very emotional story, I am tearing up reading it. I am so happy everything turned out like it did and Slaton is doing well!
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0