Log In Sign Up

Easton's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2010, 07:32 PM
Easton's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,111
I was set to be induced at 7 AM on December 28th which is also my birthday. So we went in on the 28th and they hooked me up to the monitors and about half hour later the nurse asked me on a level of 1 to 10 what my pain level was. I was a little confused because I had just gotten in and been hooked up and had no pain so I told her zero. The nurse looked at me like I was crazy and said "Really? Because you have been contracting pretty good every 2 to 3 minutes since you have been hooked up." I couldn't feel a thing so DH and I watch the movie UP which was cute! around 1 PM I started to have some mild back pain and could slightly feel some of the contractions so the nurse suggested the whirlpool tub. I sat in it for about and hour and it felt wonderful then out of no where i had a massive contraction and thought I was going to die. DH had to help me out and dry me off and dress me because I was holding on to the counter almost in tears. While all this was happening the nurse popped her head in to check in on me and tell me that my Dr. was going to stop by and break my water in about an hour. Then just as I slowly made it half way back to my bed and all I wanted to do was lay down my water broke so I turned around and slowly made it bake to the bathroom to clean up. When I got back to my bed finally the nurse checked me and told me that I was only 2 cm dilated (BOO!) So I decided to get up and walk around the hallway. I did that until I was in so much pain I needed DH to help me get back to my room. My Dr. had said at 10 that morning that I could have an epi anytime I wanted but I was trying to wait till I was at least 4 or 5 cm. When the nurse checked me after my walk I was still only 2! I couldn't handle the pain anymore I was trying my breathing and everything but nothing was working so I finally broke down and asked for the epi around 5 pm. When I finally got it I felt so much better. However it only worked on the left side of my body, I wasn't having any strong pains anymore but I was feeling really strong pressure on my right side down by my bottom. At 9pm I was complete and the nurse said I could start pushing if I wanted but I waited till 9:30 pm to push. I pushed for 2 hours with just the nurse and my DH until my nurse decided maybe she should call my Dr. Shortly after my Dr. came in and checked me and told me that his head was coming down sideways.... so we tried pushing a couple more times now with DH, the nurse, and the Dr. Then they decide Im going to need the vaccum to help me along at this point the room fills up there are so many people in the room so we try the vaccum and Im put on oxygen to help little Easton. I push for 2 more hours until the Dr. suggest the dreaded C-section. By this time I am exhusted, I am falling asleep between pushing only to be woken up each time by the nurse and Dh shoving my numb legs into my chest. So at about 1:20 am on the 29th im rolling in for a c-section. I was scared out of my mind I have never had any type of surgery but honestly it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The recovery kinda sucked but I would do it all over again in a heart beat. I think the one thing that will always make me tear up is laying there with my DH sitting right next to me and I could tell he felt so helpless, and all of a sudden we both heard Easton cry for the first time and all our fears all of sudden turned to extreme joy. Seeing my DH hold Easton for the first time will also always be etched in my memory. Easton Scott was born at 1:43 am on December 29th. Now daddy has to remember December 28th and the 29th. I love my little family!

Thank you Vicki for my AMAZING siggy!

Reply With Quote
February 2nd, 2010, 08:47 AM
ashleyjo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,731
Congrats Jamie!!!! So happy for you!
Wife to Ray, mama to Colin (6), Brock (4) & Aubrey (1) & expecting our final installment 10-3-2016
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0