Log In Sign Up

Layne's Birth Story...Pic Heavy

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 2nd, 2010, 04:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,419
Hi Ladies! I used to belong to the Jan DDC, but we found out Layne was going to be induced a month early because of medical complications. I had an antibody sensitized pregnancy (anti e, anti jka, and the parvovirus antibodies). I also dealt with low amniotic fluid and IUGR (intrauterine growth restriction). I don't know the ladies on this board very well yet, so I figured i'd share my birth story here as well (it's also posted in the Jan DDC). I hope to become a more active member of this board. Thanks for looking

I had a scheduled induction and had to be at the hospital at 6:30 am on 12/16/09 due to pregnancy related complications (antibody sensitized). We arrived on time and I was hooked up to the monitors. Layne was not reactive enough on the monitor so they couldn't start the induction until he started having accelerations. I figured they would start right away but it was probably about 8:30 to 9 am before they even started the Pitocin drip. The stupid nurse that put in my IV blew out my vein and I let out a scream when she put in the IV. It was seriously the most painful IV i've ever had. I felt shock pains shoot up through my body and into my neck. I felt really weird for several hours after the IV. I'm thinking she hit a nerve because I had nerve pain for most of the day.

The Pitocin didn't seem to be doing much as far as contractions were concerned. They kept coming in and cranking up the Pit, but my contractions just weren't that bad. The nurse kept asking me if I wanted pain meds, but honestly I was pretty comfortable and didn't feel like I needed them. My cervix was about 2 when I got there. I figured things would go fairly quickly but I was so wrong, lol! Hours would go by and my cervix would get re-checked and I would still be at 2. We tried walking up and down the halls and I sat on the birthing ball for a while, but I was still stuck at 2. They couldn't break my water at first because my blood work came back as positive for new antibodies so they were in a panic. They couldn't pin point which antibodies so my blood was sent to the Red Cross. They had to wait until they could find a match for my blood in case I needed a transfusion. Because of my antibodies I have a very rare blood type now so it's very difficult to find a perfect match.

Finally about 5:30 pm the doc came in and broke my water (I was still at 2). It took about a half an hour to 45 minutes after my water was broken but holy cow things started to get painful I was trying to breathe through contractions but they were coming so hard and fast that all I could really do was scream and cry. They filled up the bath tub for me and I took a bath, but it didn't help relieve the pain at all. I basically laid in the tub and screamed at the top of my lungs. About half way through the bath I told DH to go get the nurse and tell them to get my epidural ready. DH helped me out of the tub and I was in so much pain all I could do was stand there and scream at the top of my lungs. I felt like I was being ripped in half and I felt so much pressure like he was going to just pop out at any time.

DH was taking too long to help me dry off and get back into the bed so I ended up punching him in the arm, lol! I also tried to bite his arm during a contraction. Dh was super sweet though and put up with all of my abuse I got back into bed and the anesthesiologist came in to give me my epidural. It was soooo hard to lay still and breathe through contractions. At this point the contractions were coming one after another so I was having a really hard time holding still. I had about 3 or 4 big contractions during the whole epidural process and I felt every single one of them (it takes the epidural about 10 minutes to kick in). By the time it kicked in I felt a ton of pressure in my bottom. The nurse had me lie down so she could check me. Sure enough I was 10 cm and practically crowning so pretty much the epidural was pointless (although it sure made pushing nice because I couldn't feel anything).

I pushed about 3 times and out he came. He was born on 12/16/09 at 9:03 pm. He weighed 5 lbs 12 oz and was 18.5 inches long. His name is Jaeson Layne, but I call him Layne. The NICU was right there waiting for him because of my complications (and him being a 36 weeker). They checked him out and determined he was stable so they let us hold him and keep him with us which was awesome!

He had a little bit of a rough night the first night and was a super noisy sleeper. They had to call someone from the NICU back into our room to check on him, but they said it was just his premature lungs clearing up.

He has had some jaundice because of my antibody problems, and some feeding issues because of being a preemie and not wanting to eat. He is down to just over 5 lbs now, but otherwise very healthy. We love him very much and think he's a perfect addition to our family

ETA: He has 4 older siblings who love him very much. Big brother Trenton is 12 (almost 13), big sister Caden is 10, big sister Jessa is 5, and big brother Mahlon is 2.

Me In Pain:

Daddy and Layne:

They put eye ointment on his eyes so they look kind of gooey, lol!

Little Layne...We call him Peanut:

First Christmas Outfit Pic Taken By Daddy (he's a photographer):

Another Pic Taken By Daddy:

Layne at almost 2 months old (still a peanut):

Proud Mom to 5
Reply With Quote
February 2nd, 2010, 06:11 PM
Mrs. Langley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana
Posts: 1,457
What a cutie...he's an absolute doll Welcome to the Dec DDC. The ladies here are great! Oh, and I LOVE his name!
Thanks Vicki for my amazing siggy!!!

Reply With Quote
May 25th, 2010, 09:35 PM
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4
My son is names Daniel Layne and we call him Layne as well. I love the spelling, I didn't know anyone else by the name Layne, so great minds must think alike!
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0