Log In Sign Up

Addison Grace 06-07-09 SUPER LONG AND LATE! Sorry!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2010, 12:14 PM
ashbbrunton's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lafayette, IN
Posts: 2,202
I was due on July 2nd. When that date was upon us, the Dr. suggested that we set an induction date. I really didn't want to be induced, but she said they would only let me go 2 weeks past my due date before they induce anyways so we picked 07-08-09...just b\c we like the date! 7-8-9! lol (good reason huh) Anyways, we didn't make it to that date so here is how it happened!

July 2nd: Had lost just a little bit of my plug, but was still feeling great and not uncomfortable at all other than back pain while sleeping! I had my membranes scraped for the 2nd time.

July 5th, 2009 around 3pm

One of my best friends was preggo with twins and was due in Aug with them but she was having major pre-eclampsia issues and had been in the hospital in Chicago for a week already. They knew she was going to be delivered early, but it was seriously hour by hour for her so I wanted to go visit before I had Addi knowing that I probably wouldn't get to if I didn't go. So off we go to Chicago which was 2.5 hours away. I knew I'd be at a great hospital if anything started happening. During the drive I was in the back seat (Joe's best firend was with us in the front) and I felt some slight cramping everyone in a while, but pretty random. I was a little uncomfortable sitting, but no big deal. We got to the hospital and visited for about an hour and I said we should probably start heading back b\c I'm not feeling right. Still cramping up, but not timable. Once we were back in the car, the contractions were a little worse I think b\c I was sitting, but still like 10-15 min apart. We got home around 9ish and things really tapered off. Joe went out to the barn to work on "projects" and I just hung out in the house relaxing. I knew something was happening and was so anxious so at 10pm I went outisde with the dog and walked up and down the driveway for about 30 min. and things kicked back in. Joe cam in and we went to bed. Around 1am I had a contraction wake me up. Not painful, but definitely tight! I didn't want to wake Joe up b\c I still planned on him heading to work in the morning. Finally at 4am I was feeling them and they were about 5 minutes apart but only lasting maybe 30-45 sec. We called the Dr. and she was on call, but going off at 8 am so she had me shower and come on in to be checked. When I arrived I was at 2cm. and fully thinned. They said as long as things progressed in the next hour then I would be staying. I had called my mom on the way and told her we were heading in, but I'd call her once we got checked and let her know if we were staying. Before I even knew if we were staying, she was there!! lol

I made it to 3cm in the hour so I was staying! I then stayed at 3 for the next hour, but contractions were much closer together and stronger. I wanted to go without the epi for as long as possible, but the nurse said I was tensing up so much that it would actually probably help me progress. I recievied the epi which I was SUPER nervous about and I was shaking SUPER bad and then while they were putting it in I started puking! That was awful!

After the epi kicked in I was in heaven!! I was a texting fool! I was totally painfree and comfortable, but could still feel my legs and everything. One leg was just pretty heavy. I continued to labor for hours upon hours (it seemed like)...I started feeling pain again around 5:30pm so they re-checked me and I was 9.5cm. Around 6 they checked yet again and I was fully dilated. They kept asking if I felt like I needed to push, but really I never did feel that. After they asked like the 6th time I just said yes and I started pushing...WOW is pushing hard! I pushed for a bit and Addi's heart rate was dropping while pushing so I had oxygen placed on me and the nurse had me turning from side to side after about every 4 contractions. She was fully crowning and the Dr. wasn't in there!! He had gone to his offince in another building!!!! I was not very happy so they just kept saying don't push don't push don't push!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME! The Dr. finally showed up after 15 minutes of me "not" pushing. I had to have an episiotomy After an hour of pushing Addi was here!

She was born at 7:24 pm. I had been in obvious labor since about 1am
She was 7lbs. 14.8 oz and when we left the hospital she had gained and not lost any. She left at 8lbs even!! She was 20.5" long.

Looking back, I wish I would have stayed home longer, kept ppl out of the room before I got the epidural, and I wish I wouldn't have let a nurse talk me into a paci at the hospital b\c we had major issues right before checking out with her latching so I was extra nervous going home that she wouldn't be able to nurse! I was VERY bruised down low and couldn't hardly walk or get our of bed on days 3-5 PP. I healed up quickly and Addi did OK nursing after seeing a lactation consultant. I played softball at 3 weeks PP!

Thank You so much Typical Vampire for my Gorgeous Siggy!!!!

Reply With Quote
April 6th, 2010, 08:13 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Depends on the day....Earth :D
Posts: 28,951
You played softball...hahah love that!
Thanks for sharing your special day!!!!
Reply With Quote
April 6th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 41,401
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
bit late but great! lol sorry it was bruised down there! lol

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0