Log In Sign Up

Layne's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 25th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4
My beautiful son was born on December 9th, 2009. It was the coldest day in Springfield that we had had so far. I was a scheduled C-Section due to complications with my first child so we arrived at the hospital at the early hour of 5 in the morning. My poor husband dropped me off at the front door and had to go park the car with the snow swirling around and the wind whipping him everywhere. I was nervous about the hours ahead as this was not the way I foresaw having my children. But, oh well right. I went in, got into my room and then various nurses started coming in and asking their numerous questions and poking and prodding around. My parents had to be apart of the show and they got to the hospital about 6:45 and we had a little party right there in labor triage. Small room for too many people. At about 7:30 they took me to the OR to prep me for the C-Section and I traveld via my bed down hallways and through rooms to the OR. It is not like what you see on TV just let me tell you. I waited impatiently for 15 minutes while the doctors and nurses rummaged around and got everything ready for me. At about 7:45, they had the spinal in, I was prepped and ready to go, and they brought in my husband. I was told I would feel pressure, and then my baby would be here. It took a little longer than I had expected, I guess because my placenta was over the baby, and they had to cut through that and then there was lots of blood to try and work through before they could get Layne out. After what felt like hours for me, I finally felt the pressure they had told me, and I heard my baby cry. They held him up over the surgery guard and I was able to see my baby boy. What a moment that is, to see what you have had a hand in creating for the first time. He looked perfect, LOTS of hair and everything where it was suppose to be. He weighed 8lbs 12oz and was 21 1/2 in long. PERFECT!!!! They gave him to my husband where he was able to show him to me, up close. I cried so much for that perfect, healthy baby I had just birthed. After again what felt like hours, they had me sewn up and in recovery. I enjoyed being the only one in recovery and my husband and I took a moment to soak up what had just happened. He held our son, as I still had the spinal effects and fed him, that is a memory I will never forget. Finally I had enough feeling in my arms and hands to hold him with some help, but I kissed him and snuggeld him and told him, mommy loves you. Soon after, my family arrived in recovery to see the newest addition to the family. Layne was passed around, kissed, and loved straight from birth as he will be forever more.
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0