Log In Sign Up

Gauge Christopher Raiden's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 6th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Broomfield
Posts: 11
Send a message via MSN to Gaugesmomma1209 Send a message via Yahoo to Gaugesmomma1209 Send a message via Skype™ to Gaugesmomma1209
From the very begining, I never thought I would get this far with Gauge. When we first found out I was pregnant, I was having a lot of really bad cramps, and we thought we lost him. I ended up in the ER, only to find out that he was fine. I remember watching the US monitor, and seeing his little heart beat, and looking at DH and sobbing.

The pregnancy went pretty good until 26 weeks. At 26 weeks I was in the ER again. I was having some major contractions. They gave me meds to stop the contractions, and sterroids just in case he came early. They wanted to make sure Gauge's lungs were developed.

We had a ton of problems with preterm labor problems. My cervix was too short, and was starting to funnel very early in the pregnancy. I was in the Dr's every friday to get checked.

I was put on bed rest, because they were afraid I was going to deliver early.

On November 29th at 10pm, I was in the hospital to be induced. At about 9 the next morning, they started my Pitocin. They couldn't seem to get the dosage right. Either I was contracting too much, or not enough. They had to put the internal monitors in, so I was not allowed to walk. I was determined NOT to get the epidural. I didn't want it. My plan was to do it all natural. I got the IV meds for a while. At about 1, they broke my water. I tell ya, that was the WORST feeling ever.

At about 7, I gave in and got the epi. I was in a lot of pain, and couldn't handle it anymore. After my epi, I went from 6.5cm to 9cm in a very short time. The doctors took their sweet time getting everything ready. They left me in the room, and I had to call them 2 times to tell them I had to push. My mother in law was getting quite angry, and almost left to find someone to deliver my son (it's about 11:45) The doctor FINALLY comes in, and I start pushing. I pushed for about 20-25 minutes. Gauge was born at 12:23am December 1, 2009. He was 5lbs 14oz and 18.5 inches long.

His umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck twice, wrapped around his arm, and his leg. I have no idea what he was doing in there. They kept telling me "He needs to cry more. He needs to cry!! We'll have to take him away if he doesn't cry!" He finally decided to cry, and thats when I started crying. They gave him to me, and I couldn't believe how beautiful my son was. I couldn't believe he was MINE.

Everyone was over looking at the baby when my placenta was being delivered. I ended up having 2 or 3 stitches. Which was NOT pleasnt.

During my Labor, my husband got bit by something. We don't know what it was, but it wasn IN the delivery room. His arm was swollen, and bright red. Soon after Gauge was born, and after Daddy got to hold him, we sent him down to the Emergency Room. They pumped him full of antibiotics for 2 days. He was ok, thank God, but he scared me.

I loved my labor and delivery. It was so peaceful and quiet. My niece was there and kept saying "Tiffany he needs to come out. I'm tired" (she was 7)

I am looking forward to baby #2
Reply With Quote
October 6th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Colorado.
Posts: 3,660
Aw , that's so cute about your niece . Next time you need to go to Samaritan in Lafayette- they are WAY better over there...I loved that hospital. I can't believe it took so long for them to get in the room, that would have had me *****ing at them, for sure .

Reply With Quote
October 8th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Broomfield
Posts: 11
Send a message via MSN to Gaugesmomma1209 Send a message via Yahoo to Gaugesmomma1209 Send a message via Skype™ to Gaugesmomma1209
Yeah MIL was NOT happy!
I am a bottle feeding, cloth diapering, non co-sleeping, loving mommy
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0