Log In Sign Up

Lennox Robert birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 21st, 2012, 06:40 AM
mom2pne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Janesville, WI
Posts: 2,301
As you know I was induced on September 8th. I had to call L&D at 4:30am to make sure it was still happening for 5:30 am. Well, we get to the ER to check in because the hospital hasn't opened yet and no one is there. So I call up to L&D because I didn't want them to think I was a no show. Well, someone comes down to get me.
I'm taken to one of the rooms and they check my vitals and do some setting up with the IV and monitors. Then they start the pitocin at 6:15am. I didn't even realize it. My contractions only felt like BH at that point. I was also only 1cm and 50% effaced.
At 8:30am my OB came in and I was only 2cm and still 50% effaced. So she broke my water. A few minutes after that I had a huge contraction and it caused me to spring a leak. As I referred to it to my dh.
By 10am the pitocin was put to 42 on the screen, which is 14 by there measurements. It was so unbearable I asked for an epidural.
At 10:30 the anestesiologist came in to put the epidural in. It took forever as she kept hitting my bone and I would jump not to mention my contractions were coming every 30 secs or so. She also was a real B..... to me and the nurse and nursing student. To me she kept saying things like don't move, you don't have to do that and some other crap. Excuse me for having contractions and the needle hurting the crap out of me. To the nursing student she made some comment about one of the first things you learn is how to turn off the alarm because one of the alarms had gone off. The nursing students are not supposed to touch any of the equipment. They can only observe how they work.
So finally by 11:30 the epidural was in and working great! So I told my dh to go eat and check how the twins were at home. My IL's were watching them.
He gets back about 1pm and I tell him that the nurse had just stopped the pitocin because Lennox was having decels and they are hoping that his heart rate goes back up. Which it had, but it also stopped my contractions. By that time I was only 5-6cm dilated.
They restarted the pitocin very low at whatever 2 is. which caused my contractions to start, but they were not close. So they put it up to 4 by 2:15.
By 2:45pm Lennox was having decels again. So the nurse called my OB who said check to see how I'm progressing and where the baby was. Well the baby was at -1 where he'd been for the last 3 hours and I was only 7cm and 70-75% effaced.
The nurse calls my OB back to let her know and she decides to put in a intrauterine pressure catheter. So the nurse comes in my room and tells me because the baby keeps having decels that my ob would be coming down shortly to put the device in.
So they get everything set up for that so its all ready for when the dr arrives. Well the dr comes in and gets gloves on and opens the package. Then she says she's going to move my legs so she can get it put in.

Now here's the unbelievable part I warned about!
She puts my legs up and says "I won't be doing that his head is right there!"
I was like it is and she says yes and not to push. I said I won't just then she says I guess your body will and she asked for a bulb syringe because POP out came his head. She suctioned him out unwrapped the umbilical cord from around his neck and then told me to push. Really it was only a half a push to get his body out. So at 3:22pm my little Lennox was born. They didn't even have time to set the bed up. It went that quick. Remember just about 35 minutes before hand I was 7cm and 70-75% effaced and Lennox was at -1. So in that time he dropped into the birth canal to have his head starting to crown and me to be fully dilated and effaced.
Well they took him to the warmer and did the apgar test which for both 1 minute and 5 minutes he scored a 9 out of 10. They weighed and measured him too. They put him back under the warmer and his temp was only around 95 degrees so they wrapped him in a blanket and brought him by me for a second so I could see him and then the took him to an isolet to get him warmed. He was there for over 2 hours. I had my dh go with him.
They brought him back to the L&D room I was in because I couldn't leave till my legs were better.
I finally got into a regular room by 6:15pm. almost 3 hours after he was born.
So anyway! Lennox Robert was born September 8th @ 3:22pm weighing 8 pounds 1 ounce and measuring 21.5 inches.
Simone SAHM to 5 boys Trenton 23, Tyler 20, twins Peyton and Eli 11, & Lennox 7 and 5 s (1992, 2008, 2011, 2013, & 2015)
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0