Check that one off the list!

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 14th, 2011, 06:30 AM
Super Mommy
As of this morning one of my credit cards is paid off! This is one of my goals before TTC. It was the lower balance of the two, but the highest APR. Now I can use that money each month to pay off the other one about two years sooner. Woo hoo! Just wish I could figure out a way to get the last one paid a little sooner.

What are everyone else's goals? How close are you to checking them off the list?
September 14th, 2011, 07:20 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
That's awesome! Congratulations! It feels great to check things off of the list.

Our main goals are to be past our big ceremony next July, so there isn't a lot we can do to speed that up, and to have some more money coming in, which we also can't do a lot about right now because I need my next set of paperwork to go through before I have work authorization. I hope it comes in time for the winter hiring. On a similar note, we need to figure out how I can get myself to a job because we only have one vehicle and we're about a mile from the nearest bus stop. Dh has a coworker he has talked about sometimes carpooling with and I could use the van, so that's an option, but we will see. What I would really love would be something I could do from home so that it isn't even an issue AND I don't lose out on evenings with dh and weekends with the kids.

*Excitedly expecting baby girl number two!*

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
September 14th, 2011, 07:36 AM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
Similar to Kayla our biggest obstacle is I don't want to be pregnant/more than a few weeks pregnant in my wedding dress and we're getting married right after her next summer. LOL. We also only have one vehicle, but we'll make it work.

I should get my work permit in time for the winter season, but since we'll be moving 2 weeks before xmas I won't bother trying for a job. I'll wait until after I make my trip home, put in a few months of part time nights (I can only work between 9pm and 3:30am since DF has to have the van to leave for work at 5 and he goes to bed at 8. Anything I make goes into savings for our wedding/general savings etc...

Then our next goal will be to find him a stable job closer to home since we cannot travel for his job with a baby, just would not work at all.

September 14th, 2011, 08:33 AM
(not so patiently) WTTC
That is so awesome!! One of my goals is to pay off credit cards, too. I just got a debt consolidation loan through our credit union so the debt will be paid of in 4 years instead of 23! My other big goal is to get through student teaching in the spring.
September 14th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Wow what a weight lifted off your shoulders!! WTG!!!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
September 14th, 2011, 09:14 AM
SammyJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's awesome! My goals are similiar and mostly financial. I will have all my CC debt and hospital bills paid off by March or April. DH and I still haven't been on a honeymoon though, so we really want to do that before we get pg or in the early months of the pregnancy. We are thinking somewhere warm and beachy So once we have all of those taken care of we can finally TTC. I am still aiming for March, but if we get back more in taxes then I am expecting, we can probably pay stuff off sooner!
September 14th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Super Mommy
Great job!

Our goals are similar as well. We put the hospital bill on our cc, so I want to get that paid off. We're also close to paying off our trailer so I'd like to have that done before we TTC so we can either sit where we're at and save money or be more flexible if we decide to move. And I need to save up enough paid leave before we start TTC so that I'd have at least 6 weeks by my due date, though I'd prefer more.

Mary Elizabeth stillborn at 26 weeks
September 14th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Super Mommy
I'm sooooo glad I'm not the only one dealing with the credit card thing. I hate them and would be much happier without them. Luckily SO feels the same way.

And SO still wants to get married before TTC so I guess we're also waiting on that. Not sure when that will be though. Probably in the spring after graduation. It won't be a big, expensive affair. Been there, done that. He went to the courthouse the first time around and that sounds good to me. Maybe we can meet in the middle this time and elope.
September 14th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Super Mommy
So happy for you! that's really exciting!

Our goals are (him) finishing his business degree and getting a good job, (me) getting my BA and then BEd. We need to have half of our student loans payed...and oh yeah! We need to get married
September 14th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Great job!!!

I'm technically a grad as of next time I have sex with DP, so I don't have a list as such.

September 14th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Aillidh's Avatar Nár lagaí Dia do lámh!
That's great that you paid it off!

For us we're trying to make our emergency fund more ''flush'' as we're following Dave Ramsay right now. We don't have any debt so we're just trying to save our emergency fund and a down payment for a home right now. I'm trying to find a job, so we have an added income. Next step is TTC
September 14th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Cassie.S's Avatar Proud Mommy!
Congrats! I'm sure that's a great feeling!

Since we're just a little over a month away, I've reached my WTTC goals and am happy with where we're at. Now I'm just ready for TTC time to be here!
Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia (4), Landon (2) and expecting baby #3 in June!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search