We survived our drive!

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2011, 04:16 PM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
Barely. lol.

But we are in New Orleans, we go tomorrow morning to try and obtain our marriage license... and jump through a million and five hoops to do so. And then we have to choose our locale! There's a chance of thunder showers on thursday *cries*, and I don't want to get soaked so I've got to try and find a place that has a pavillion that we can use for the ceremony, maybe some trees for pics... but I think a picture of us, holding Reme's little tiny purple umbrella in the rain over our heads while we kiss would be the perfect thing.. I just don't want to get wet until then! LOL.

Cross your fingers that getting the license goes smoothly. I've already called them to ok the procedure once... but what we're doing isn't legal in our home state (Wisconsin requires all citizens to wait 6 months from divorce, regardless of where the divorce occurred before they'll recognize it.) Federal law could careless, but some states like to uphold the other states restrictions (even though they don't tell you that until you get there).

I just want one thing to go snag free for me down here. LOL. Too much to ask? If we drove all this distance only to be turned away, well I just don't know what I'll do. This trip cost a small fortune.

September 20th, 2011, 04:19 PM
host of wttc
fingers crossed all goes well hun

thank you to babydoll213 for my sig
September 20th, 2011, 04:32 PM
SammyJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Fingers definitely crossed!!! Hoping everything goes great and smooth. Good luck and keep us posted on how things turn out!
September 20th, 2011, 04:38 PM
mom2pne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope everything goes smoothly for you and the rain stays away!
September 20th, 2011, 05:35 PM
KaylynnandAddisonsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
GL Ashley!
I hope all goes well...Can't wait to see them pics!

September 20th, 2011, 05:38 PM
(not so patiently) WTTC
I hope everything goes smoothly! FX for good weather

How are you feeling?? Still in a lot of pain?
September 20th, 2011, 05:59 PM
No, the pain seems to have settled out pretty well. Since friday I've needed one or two doses, usually between 4 and 8pm, and then I put a warmed up rice bag on the stupid kidney to shut it up at bedtime. Well, I'm going to bed here shortly and I'm not taking the bag, or the drugs. We'll see if I regret that in the morning!

I'm now 100% sure it's in my bladder and has bee there since at least Friday. I just don't know how it's supposed to pass once it is in there.... *shrug* the kidney pain should taper out, I've got like 16 days of pain med, if i'm still getting the nagging pain I guess I'll have to see someone since otc meds do NOTHING for it. I took 3 aleve last night, and after 2 hours I'd actually gotten worse not better so I took a percoset and felt fine (just tired) within 20 minutes.

September 20th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Aillidh's Avatar Nár lagaí Dia do lámh!
Good luck! I hope everything goes without a hitch!
September 20th, 2011, 11:10 PM
(not so patiently) WTTC
When it got to my bladder, it was sooooo annoying. It felt like I had to pee ALL the time!! But then it just came out one day! I hope that happens to you, and that you won't need any more meds!
September 20th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Thanks Ashley. It's not making me pee per say.... or even feel like I have to. What it does is it feels like there's something in my bladder (like a stopper lol) that makes it ache and burn at the very end of emptying and then just cuts the flow off. So I don't drain fully (major uti risk!! gah!), but at least I can now drink a bottle of soda wait 10 min and then pee, rather than need to go try after two sips. LOL.

I sort of hope it holds out til the weekend. I'd like to catch it, but I made the deal with myself that I wasn't going to strain my pee while on my flippin honey moon.

September 21st, 2011, 11:11 AM
Annika*VHKC*'s Avatar PiNk & bLue x3
Hope everything goes smoothly!! Have a great wedding Thursday!! Can't wait to hear about it!!!!
MoMMy 2 DD#1: Victoria Sera (December 11th, 2010), DS#1: Hayden Asher (May 28th, 2012), DS#2 Kingston Brennan (October 30th, 2013) & DS#3: Cristian Skyler (March 22nd, 2015)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search