christmas

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 30th, 2011, 01:11 AM
host of wttc
have you started thinking about xmas yet?

how much do you spend on your children?

how much do you spend on dh?

what are you getting your kids this year?

what are you getting dh?

what would you really like?

do you have any special tradtions?

thank you to babydoll213 for my sig

Last edited by cocosmumNco; September 30th, 2011 at 01:23 AM.
September 30th, 2011, 01:22 AM
host of wttc
have you started thinking about xmas yet? yeah i have a list of what i want to get everyone not finished zac yet brought him 2 cars so far

how much do you spend on your children? nicole usually gets more than zac cause shes older and zac things are cheaper nicole gets about 150 pound to 200 zac gets about 100.

how much do you spend on dh? usually about 100

what are you getting your kids this year? nicole is having sims games, a red letter day, some crafty sets like clothes making kit and perfume making, some wii games, a new leotard (shes a gymnast) and a few bits for her bedroom. zac list isn't complete but this is what i have so far some toy power tools, bedroom stuff, moving dog,walkie talkies, dinosaurs, fire truck and ambulance.

what are you getting dh? he wants a new graphics card boring i know i may sneak a suprise in.

what would you really like? i want a chain that has the kids finger prints on.

do you have any special tradtions? we have a few. we have christmas dinner on christmas eve. also we hide there presents all over the house and they have to find them. we have christmas eve hampers.

thank you to babydoll213 for my sig
September 30th, 2011, 07:36 AM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate

yes, have been for a while.

from my understanding the answer to this is "too much"

probably $50 - $100

Clothes, toys, books.. etc

what are you getting dh?

new Wallet for sure.

To go home to see my family, he can gift wrap that if he'd like. LOL

not really. Other than an ornament for the kids. I'll be buying 6 for Reme, and one for us this year so I can restart the collections.

September 30th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I started thinking about Xmas in January - I'm an Xmas FREAK!

Normally Dan gets about £250 worth of stuff, toys, books, drawing stuff, clothes, chocolate and practical things like toiletries and kids plates/cutlery etc. I had £300 in savings from when I was working but had to use it after lots of things came up together in the summer and I ran out of money.
This year it'll probably be £150ish due to currently being unemployed but I'm getting around it by looking for and snapping up bargains even now, and I got him a couple of toys in the January sale that were half-price at Argos, so I don't think it's gonna look that different to a normal Christmas for him.

Last year it was about £125. This year it'll be more like £50-£65. We're both strapped for cash so we're both purposely having an economical Christmas for the adults.

Daniel's really into aeroplanes, spaceships and rockets so I have already bought him a "seaplane" for the bath, a toy rocket, and a spaceships colouring/activity set. He has ZingZillas figurines from last Christmas and I've already got him a ZingZillas Big Zing playset for them which I got in the Jan sale - £20 instead of £40!! And he's already got a Timmy (from Timmy Time) Buckaroo-type game and a couple of Toy Story 3 activity sets which also came from the sales. I will definitely be getting him some Lego as he is really into Lego Duplo: probably the final Winnie the Pooh set (Shaun got him two for his birthday), another Lego zoo set with different animals (he got one for Xmas a couple of years ago) and I'm hoping to find a set with a Lego aeroplane (they def had one last time I was in Toys R Us). Plus I'm going to get him a huge plastic box to tip all his Lego into as his collection is getting quite big! Gonna buy the Lego out of my earnings from a review site I write for. Will probably be getting him some small aeroplanes and chocolates from the thrift stores for his stocking, as well as a few more Chugginton trains which he collects. And will probably get him a pair of pjs and something new to wear for Christmas Day. After that it depends what else he puts on his Santa list, if at all. So no big present this year, just lots of little things, but he had a computer, drum kit and guitar for his birthday between me and his dad so I think that's fair do's!

what are you getting dh?
DP wants a toolbox, and I already have a Soap n Glory men's set which cost £10 in the Jan sales but should have been £20 for him, and will probably get him a couple more smaller things as well such as underwear or hankies or maybe some Halfords or HMV vouchers.

I would really like the new Red Hot Chili Peppers album and some nice indulgent bath stuff, maybe Lush stuff.

Dressing the tree is a biggie in our house and we tend to buy one or two new special decorations at our local garden centre each year and get inspiration from their trees before doing it. On Christmas Day we often play a board game as a family, too. We also have a Yule log on Yule, tie wishes to it, burn it in the garden, then have a festive drink.

September 30th, 2011, 09:10 AM
SammyJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

A little bit, but not too much. I don't get as excited about the holidays anymore, which is kinda sad.

I don't have any children yet, but I will usually get my little furbabies some fun treats or something. lol.

It depends on the year. The past couple I have spent about $200, but this year I am trying to pay off my medical bills before ttc, so we have talked about scaling it back a bit, or just spending the money on something really practical like a new bed, which we desperately need.

See two answers up

what are you getting dh?

I might get him a video game or something, but probably keep it cheap and then use any big money on a bed.

If money were no object I would love a leather jacket or a new Marc Jacobs bag

Not really. Just mostly spend time with family. This is only our second year of being married, so maybe we will start our own tradition!
September 30th, 2011, 09:15 AM
(not so patiently) WTTC
have you started thinking about xmas yet? Nope, not yet

how much do you spend on your children? No kid-os here!

how much do you spend on dh? Ususaly around $100-$200

what are you getting your kids this year? See above

what are you getting dh? Not sure yet, tools maybe?

what would you really like? To finish my house!

do you have any special tradtions? We usually have an ugly christmas sweater party, but due to the remodel, I'm not sure if we will have things done in time
September 30th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Aillidh's Avatar Nár lagaí Dia do lámh!
have you started thinking about xmas yet? I love Christmas so yeah, haven't bought anything though.

how much do you spend on your children? n/a

how much do you spend on dh? $50-75

n/a

what are you getting dh? Probably a guitar so may have to break the budget a bit.

what would you really like? No idea, maybe some new clothes.

do you have any special tradtions? There's many christmas traditions I have not sure it'll be possible to have them this year though.
October 2nd, 2011, 10:25 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
have you started thinking about xmas yet? No, not ready yet

how much do you spend on your children? Since we dont have kids, it falls to our nephews. Spend around $100 on each

how much do you spend on dh? DH & I both go overboard on each other. Sometimes as much as $500-600

what are you getting your kids this year? Not even thought about it, just got past 2 of the boys (nephews) birthdays and 1 more to go before even get to Christmas.

what are you getting dh? Not a clue, never know till into December normally

what would you really like? To TTC but I cant ask Santa for that

Put up Christmas lights Thanksgiving weekend; make Logs (a family Christmas cookie); go to the town's Christmas parade and Courthouse lighting with my mom, sister, & the boys. They put up decorations & lights and then the night of the Christmas parade the town gets together at the Courthouse, sing Christmas songs with the school choir's on the steps and then light the Courthouse at the end.
Christmas is my favorite time of the year because it was always so special growing up for the time spent with family

Thank you for the amazing siggy *Kiliki*

October 3rd, 2011, 07:48 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Proud Mommy!
have you started thinking about xmas yet? We started talking about it briefly, but not too much yet. I can't wait for Christmas though! Love it!

how much do you spend on your children? No kids yet, but I fill a stocking for Max.

how much do you spend on dh? Usually around $100

what are you getting your kids this year? N/A

what are you getting dh? No idea yet. He's terrible about giving me ideas.

what would you really like? A nice camera! We might be waiting until after Christmas though.

do you have any special tradtions? Yes we have a special dinner with my family on Christmas Eve and then we do a gift exchange with them that night. That'll probably have to change once we have kids though, because I'll want to spend Christmas morning in our own home and they live 2 hrs away, so not sure what we'll do yet.
Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia (4), Landon (2) and expecting baby #3 in June!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search