Do any of you plan on swaying?

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 12th, 2011, 10:00 AM
SammyJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A post from yesterday made me wonder how many ladies on this board are planning to try and sway genders when the time comes to finally TTC? Being that this is our first baby, I don't mind either way which we end up with, but I might be a little more inclined on the second to possibly sway. My older sister has a baby boy and is expecting her second. She desperately wants a girl and did a lot of swaying, but she doesn't find out for a few more weeks. I'm intersted to see her results.

What about any of you guys? Do you have a major gender preference enough to sway?
October 12th, 2011, 10:12 AM
(not so patiently) WTTC
We only want one, total, an I would be happy with either. I hope it will be a girl, but will not do any swaying

Let us know what your sister will have when she finds out!!
October 12th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
I've read mixed results from that kind of swaying. We may try a couple of things but we will be happy no matter what.

*Excitedly expecting baby girl number two!*

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
October 12th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Super Mommy
If you had of asked me this like 3 years ago I would have said yes, because I was obsessed with the idea of having a little girl. Of course I'd still like a little girl, but after having nannied a little boy and girl for 3 years, the little boy warmed me right up to the idea of wanting a little boy just as much. No swaying here, at least not for the first one.
October 12th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Aillidh's Avatar Nár lagaí Dia do lámh!
I'd prefer a boy for the first time...but I don't know if I prefer it enough to sway. I'd be happy either way.
October 12th, 2011, 11:09 AM
I hear really mixed results too, so I am not sure if I even really believe that it works or not. I am really excited to find out if it worked for my sister. She finds out on the 28th, so I'll have to let you all know! I know she really wants a girl, but my nephew is adorable, so it's not like she can really go wrong by having another boy. lol.
October 12th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Proud Mommy!
I don't have any preference for our first, but if I end up having the same for the first and second, I'll probably try to sway for the other for the third.
Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia (4), Landon (2) and expecting baby #3 in June!

October 12th, 2011, 11:18 AM
HeartHelloKitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We swaying using the Shettles method to try for a boy first. However, I miscarried our first, and I got impatient when we TTC again, so I jumped the gun because I was afraid of missing my O day and we ended up DTD on a day that was good for a girl not a boy. We only DTD that one time and ended up with a girl, so I guess I'd recommend that method of swaying. Haha! We will probably use that method again when we TTC for a boy this time. I just have to chill out and do it right this time. lol!

October 12th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Super Mommy
I don't think I ever will. I do want a girl, but whatever I get I will love.
October 12th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
No swaying here! I would Love for peyton to have a little sister and o course DF wants a boy so ones of us will get what we want! Lol. But of course we will be over the moon with either! Once you see their little face it wont even matter!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
October 12th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Veteran
For my DD we only DTD once in all of December, and we weren't trying at all either but ended up with our little girl, lol. So gwyndyn really knows what she's talking about up there!

As for swaying on the next ones, I don't think we will. I feel certain we won't with the next baby, but possibly after that we might. It seems like boys don't really run in DH's side of the family.
October 12th, 2011, 01:33 PM
host of wttc
i'm swaying for a girl. it might not work but thats ok i don't mind but i'd love another girl and thought if i'm gonna ttc i might as well give it a shot.
what did your sister do hun?

thank you to babydoll213 for my sig
October 12th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coco and icklepiggle-mummy View Post
i'm swaying for a girl. it might not work but thats ok i don't mind but i'd love another girl and thought if i'm gonna ttc i might as well give it a shot.
what did your sister do hun?
I know she did a lot of the girl-diet stuff as well as certain positioning and timing. I am not too familiar with many girl swaying techniques, myself. I have never seen someone want a girl as much as my sister. lol. When she was pg with my nephew, she had major gender disapointment. She left her u/s in tears. As much as I love my sister, she's a little kooky about certain things. LOL. Over time she grew to accept the idea, and now she has the cutest 14-month old boy. I really hope she gets her girl this time though.
October 12th, 2011, 03:18 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would like another boy, but I'm not sure I care enough to try to sway for one as I would be thrilled either way. I might try some diet, timing BDing around Ovulation, and some of the other things I tried around the time I got pregnant with my son. We might just NTNP more than TTC though so I doubt I'll sway if that is the case.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
October 12th, 2011, 07:00 PM
~Caroline~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I could see myself trying the "girl diet" or a certain position, but I wouldn't try and time BDing because I'd be too scared of missing my ovulation. It took such a long time to conceive our son, I'm scared that trying to sway would delay conception even more. I'd be happy with another boy anyways.

October 13th, 2011, 01:08 AM
host of wttc
Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyJ View Post
I know she did a lot of the girl-diet stuff as well as certain positioning and timing. I am not too familiar with many girl swaying techniques, myself. I have never seen someone want a girl as much as my sister. lol. When she was pg with my nephew, she had major gender disapointment. She left her u/s in tears. As much as I love my sister, she's a little kooky about certain things. LOL. Over time she grew to accept the idea, and now she has the cutest 14-month old boy. I really hope she gets her girl this time though.
good luck to her hun let us know what she has please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Caroline~ View Post
I could see myself trying the "girl diet" or a certain position, but I wouldn't try and time BDing because I'd be too scared of missing my ovulation. It took such a long time to conceive our son, I'm scared that trying to sway would delay conception even more. I'd be happy with another boy anyways.
i'm not doing timing either i read that timing doesn't actually work anyway.

thank you to babydoll213 for my sig

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search