What to do; need advice

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 12th, 2011, 11:05 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
I'm needing some advice with the accident I was in.
Was rear ended Sept 19. My truck is in the shop being fixed but now the insurance company is refusing to cover some of the repairs. Main thing being the alignment and damage done in that aspect. They are saying unless I ran off the road or hit something it could have caused it.
I had the alignment done on my truck about 2 month before the accident and it was perfectly fine before I got hit.
I'm trying to fight the insurance company on it but the adjuster wont return my calls. Its been 2 days and several messages later and nothing.
I dont know what to do. I'm so stressed about it all I want to do is cry.
I've never been in an accident. So dont even know what I can do.
Any advice?

Thank you for the amazing siggy *Kiliki*

October 13th, 2011, 12:40 AM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
Go above the adjuster. they should have a supervisor.

I'm sorry it's been so hard for you! Keep at them is my only suggestion, manager after manager, someone will grow a vagina (balls are weak, no one wants to grow balls) and get it done right.

October 13th, 2011, 06:56 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Proud Mommy!
I don't really know what to say, since I've never been in your situation, but I'm sorry they're putting you through that. That doesn't seem right at all. Do they have an office you can go to in person, since they aren't returning your calls?
Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia (4), Landon (2) and expecting baby #3 in June!

October 13th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Veteran
Sometimes the threat of getting a lawyer involved is enough to make some people move faster. I hope everything gets taken care of soon! But first I'd try what Ashley said and go over their head as far as possible to get stuff done.
October 13th, 2011, 08:53 AM
(not so patiently) WTTC
Do you have the paperwork from the alignment done? You can always use that, and the threat of a lawyer, to gain some leverage.

There should be a 1-800 number for the insurance company that you are working with, try to get as high as you can during the phone call. Although I'm pretty sure that even a whiff of you lawyering up will get them to respond to you better.

On a side note, that's so weird that they are acting like that. When I was rear ended they fixed everything and gave me a settlement so that I wouldn't sue later!
October 13th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Butterbear's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree, go with the next higher up to get your questions answered. If you've been with this company a long time and never had an accident, I would be sure to note that when you speak with them- car insurance companies are so competitive these days. Also the threat of a lawyer can go a long way.
October 13th, 2011, 09:04 AM
SammyJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with the advice of the other ladies! I would definitely try and track someone down in person at their office if this is possible. Otherwise the lawyer sounds like a great idea! You can usually get a consultation with an accident lawyer for free, and you could simply make sure it would be okay to use their name when contacting the insurance company for threatening purposes only. Hopefully this will enough for them to pony up what you are deserved and you won't actually have to take it to the legal level.

Good luck and so sorry you are having to deal with this!!
October 13th, 2011, 08:44 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
Well I found out some on the company from a co-worker who has heard of them. They are no local company. They are based in Madrid, Spain. Bought a US company so they can do business here. She said that is the way they are, just horrible even with their own policy holders.
My insurance agent got a hold of the adjuster and he called me back. He we even more of a jerk than in the past. He is just refusing to listen to what I say. Just saying no, rear-ending wont cause that. He told me you didnt run off the road so no. I got so mad told him how would you know you werent in the truck, so dont tell me what happen.
I told him unless they start making an effort to get my truck back to pre-accident status, that they would be dealing with a lawyer instead. You know what he actually told me. "Go right ahead" I never would have expected that. I'm thinking that will be my research on finding a good attorney.
Then today at Physical Therapy I have regressed my neck and shoulders are much tighter than on Tues. Said between the tension headache I've had since Tuesday and stress, it would cause it. Sounds like the adjuster's way of saving money for the company in fixing my truck is going to cost them more in medical expenses.

Thank you for the amazing siggy *Kiliki*

October 13th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Veteran
That stinks! I hope you're able to find a good lawyer that will beat the poo out of them!!
October 14th, 2011, 06:14 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Glad so many ladies have given you such good advice as I really wouldn't know what to tell you. Sending good energy your way though! xxx

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search