Log In Sign Up

I want to

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2013, 08:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NE Arkansas
Posts: 1,293
NTNP, at least every once in a while! But even that is a ways from happening. After my c/s I wound up in congestive heart failure. 4 months ago we lost my SIL within 24 hrs of c/s. Dh is more afraid than I am. Unfortunately this is one of the reasons we will wait until we have insurance and can make sure both of us are healthy. DD was a constant fight with Medicaid pregnancy and still wound up paying out of pocket a chunk.

I would really like to have 2 more I think, but Dh thinks he might be done. But I am ok with that to. Right now Dh and I have a long-term plan in place and we are remaining open to the way some things play out. To even think about seriously TTCing anytime in the near future is out of the picture. So we had some serious discussions about well "what if". We made some decisions that all end with we are going to make this work, no matter what. I love you and you are my best friend, trust me I can honestly say that our marriage has been to heck and back. My going back to hormonal BC is not an option. Also I don't really want to prevent, so I made him responsible for BC. There are always condoms available.

We are are of the risks, and have made the decision that if it happens we have tried to prevent. We love each other and while we aren't ready to try. Another munchkin to love on would be very welcomed and loved.

Reply With Quote
March 5th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Posts: 8,323
Wow! Sounds like you had quite a journey. Have the doctors said that it will be high risk for you to have another child?

I know that my DH is very apprehensive about TTC due to the fact that I had complications with my first pregnancy (not as serious as yours though) and he is very scared that it will happen next time too, or possibly be worse. That's a big reason we keep going back and forth on when to TTC. Maybe your husband is also struggling with that fear. Is it possible that you could have a vaginal birth next time? Will a c-section pose right for your heart if you need one again?

I am so sorry about your SIL as well. That is so awful that your families have had such trauma and heartbreak.
Thank-you Bokkechick for the beautiful siggy!

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

Reply With Quote
March 5th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NE Arkansas
Posts: 1,293
I haven't had the talk with my doc yet. I'm assuming that unless things start heading south that I'll just be closely monitored. I do know that I have no heart damage. I do hope for a VBAC.

Reply With Quote
March 5th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NE Arkansas
Posts: 1,293
Dh is scared and frankly so am I. But we want to get about 80-100lbs off me and 50-90 off him. And until I can talk to a doc its a no go. But if it happens OK, if not that's OK to. We are not ready to actually NTNP because even though we needed MA to get preggers the problem was on my end. And since I'm about 20-40lbs lighter than I was then that problem seems better.

Reply With Quote
March 9th, 2013, 12:22 AM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,775
Wow you have had such a journey! Thats great to hear there was no heart damage! I also agree with urchin, it seems like your DH is just in that major fear mode which is understandable with everything that happen. Im so sorry about your SIL! I couldn't imagine the pain you have gone through. But I would just say talk to eachother about your feelings and wait on NTNP until you do talk to your doctor just to be extra safe

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0