My Doctor wants me on Valium,but my religion anti-b/c

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MKnaomi
Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2015, 08:25 PM
MY Religion insists no birth control but my Doctor wants me on Valium.<br />
I am avoiding sex as best I can, but which one do I trust most...Doctor or Church?<br />
I have something called PTSD from a very violent stranger rape. <br />
I have 3 adulthood, young adults. One 9 yr. Old w/deafness+autism from a virus in 1st trimester Drs. Said.<br />
I am overweight, 41, and depressed, scared &amp; so tired with little energy. Pregnancy is ok. But babies bring me out of depression to elation even, for first 5 yrs. Or so<br />
But, another one doesnt feel right bc on Medication strong daily+recommend s not taking pregnancy w/medication. But Dr. Says I need medication and he's right, for daily panic attack, nightmares,flashbacks. My husband want me to trust in God. Please opinions for me?? Please I beg.
July 8th, 2015, 04:41 PM
why does not anyone reply to any of my questions? Plenty view but no reply. I don't even mind judgmental. Just please help me not to conceive without birth control please???
July 8th, 2015, 05:44 PM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
I don't really have any advice since I'm atheist and would just use birth control in this situation. It does sound like you need to be on the meds for the PTSD, you really don't want to go without treatment. I'm not familiar with religion and birth control but would you be allowed to do like natural family planning? Like track your ovulation and avoid having sex during fertile time? I don't know much about it but I think there is a board on here for it. I'm sorry I can't be more help!! I really hope you find something that works for you! Good luck!

July 8th, 2015, 09:42 PM
Thank you for spending so much time writing me for help. I am so very grateful to you for that. Because I have not gotten any replies so far. Yes that what you suggested is exactly what I need to do and want to do and believe is the best thing to do to bide my time and just not get pregnant. I am 41 almost 42 years old. Three grown children and 19 year old who is very challenging with autism and deafness. So this natural family planning can help me prevent pregnancy? Can anybody help me with that? I really was never taught how to do that. Any help is appreciated or links to a website that might help me with this. Again I thank you so much so so much for replying. I will respect your faith and not bless you. But I wish you the best!
I was not educated in this kind of things. &amp; I would love to know how I can bide my time and do the natural family planning that this nice lady who replied to me earlier suggested. She mention there is a board for this. But I'm not sure and maybe a link might help? If not she mentioned ovulation and Counting and if someone could explain this to me I will do my best to do that and it sounds like very much okay with the church. And they don't have to know in the first place. Nor does My spouse. If it is drug free and natural than it is perfect for us. For me especially. Please help me with all the information for how I can do this and not fail. A failure would mean a child that I am not prepared to take care of I am exhausted already and getting old. And like I mentioned before I am on medication that is not okay to have children and breast feed at this time and I don't know how long I will need to stay on that medicine. Hopefully till menopause lol. I have to try to laugh every now and then to keep myself in check. God bless America!

Last edited by melzinmn; July 8th, 2015 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Natural family planning is recommended but how do I do this?
July 8th, 2015, 09:54 PM
[QUOTE=melaniek85;28347776]

Again thanks for your response. Also my name is Melanie too. Nice coincidence.
July 20th, 2015, 09:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would recommend reading "taking charge of your fertility" by Toni wesschler. It's a mainstream book, not from a religious perspective at all and can be found in any major bookstore in the women's health area. It won't help with the religious aspect but it will give you all the information you need to understand how your body works and prevent pregnancy without drugs. I use that in combination with condoms for both moral and health concern reasons and it works great for us. I will mention that using natural family planning (NFP) or FAM ( fertility awareness method) ( you can also Google these names for more information) requires some self control on you and hubby's part, especially if you are not using a barrier method as well. I would not recommend not talking with your husband about how you are feeling. You will need to abstain from sex during your most fertile time, and more if you want to be very sure so his cooperation wll be necessary.
THE angry uterus likes this.
July 22nd, 2015, 01:08 PM
Thank you so much for your reply. I am now investigating all over the internet about this time of menstruations ovulation and time of safety in preventing pg. this kind of thing is exactly what I needed. thank you so very much about that both of you thank you so very much that is exactly what I needed and exactly what I was hoping to find something natural that works and it sounds exactly like the right thing to do that work and even there was something I can buy to make absolutely sure when I'm ovulating or not. Thank you so much! With love,Mel
July 24th, 2015, 06:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We use natural family planning as well to avoid so no birth control. And Valium isn't a birth control, its for anxiety.
June 18th, 2016, 01:59 AM
I understand what you're saying(and I am very sorry for the terrible experience that led to your PTSD!!)&I know ppl have already mentioned natural family planning. I just wanted to add that The Billings Method is a method invented by Catholic doctors. You simply notice&chart sensations at vulva and whatever you see. The proper way to learn is with a tutor. You can get one over the phone if you want. I just thought if your husband or church was being nosey, or you feel bad, that this method is totally approved by Roman Catholic church--not that I know what religion you are but it is NOT considered "birth control" I use it to track my cycles&it can also be used to help ttc because you know when you are probably fertile & when you are not. Whichever method you choose, I wish you luck. You have your hands full and I can't imagine the church faulting you for not being ready(maybe never ready again) to add more children. I hope you are well. God bless.
June 18th, 2016, 03:18 PM
Thanks all above and all below!!

" I will mention that using natural family planning (NFP) or FAM ( fertility awareness method) "-Thanks jjgo and all above and below! I feel very empowered now as a woman. I know longer feel like a child in trouble.

WOW! It must be so nice to be free! I don't need my husband to know a thing. He insists upon controlling everything . He won't find me that book. And the church does not have to know anything either. They just need to see that I am not getting pregnant anymore and available as soon my time has come for menopause, I'm sure. They don't get involved in the personal aspects. But my husband thinks I still have time for more babies. And he wants another boy . Like I can just pop out a boy because he said so. I believe in God and I believe in Jesus and I am very much like Catholics, however I know God will forgive me for not being okay to have another child. I don't need my husband or the pastor, involved in my personal life. My husband is not even ask how I feel about the rate. He just assumes the medication makes it all better . And he doesn't believe the doctor that our baby will be possibly deformed for not live. I cannot handle another disabled child . Like I said my daughter is nine and she is more difficultwith autism and deafness, then it was raising the other three altogether . and I can always go to confession . Thank you for your help I am Poorway there. I feel more empowered now . I can probably find those two things I recorded that you quoted to me . I can probably get them on the Internet on my Kindle without my husband even knowing. Thank you I'm million times .

Last edited by melzinmn; June 18th, 2016 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Thanks just jjgo and all
June 18th, 2016, 03:27 PM
Thanks and please read below for more!🐓🐔

No, my husband wants me to have children, but I am on PTSD medicine for a rape and beating from a stranger in my home . I should not have babies while taking this medicine. My husband wants me to have babies anyway. We have four already end our youngest is death end disable to say the least, she has autism. I appreciate the family-planning advice of everybody above and below. I am definitely looking into it and feeling much better now , thank you .

Last edited by melzinmn; June 18th, 2016 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Misspell

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search