If you were wondering...

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2008, 09:05 PM
sara~b's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sara~b
Sorry I've been MIA. I went to the Outer Banks for two days for work last week (Wednesday and Thursday). Then on Friday I drove out to Greensboro to pick up equipment and brought it back to Charlotte and then worked 4 hours here. Then I came home and packed and drove up to Pittsburgh to see Gemma! I took her to see my sister on Sunday and OMG is she HUGE! I can't believe she hasn't given birth yet! It made me so jealous looking at all the baby clothes and her ginormous belly! Then I took Gemma to see her dad for a couple hours. It actually wasn't too bad. But the best part of the whole weekend?

HE FINALLY SIGNED THE PAPERS! That's right, he terminated his rights! So although I will no longer receive child support I am happy because Gemma is ALL MINE and he can never take her away! I still want her to know him but I feel much more at peace knowing I'll never be dragged through another custody battle!

I got a job offer in Greenville, PA. It's $40k a year salary and they will pay for me to relocate and then put me in a hotel for 30 days until I find a place. Greenville is about an hour north of my gram's house and 1.5 hours north of my mom's so I couldn't move in with them. I'm not even 100% sure I want to go back to PA. But at least it's an option.

I'm taking my resume to a contact at another engineering company down here tomorrow. He's been bugging me about it for a month. I'm hoping if they offer me the job then I can bargain for a salary position without much travel.

If you're wondering why I'm looking, it's because I still haven't gotten any word on my raise at work. My hours have been fluctuating like crazy! I had 9 hours a few weeks ago and last week I had to put off leaving for Pittsburgh by a day because I had closer to 60! Also they've been giving me static about everything I've asked for. I don't think they realize that they won't find someone to replace me for less than double what I make now. Seriously, what person in their right mind would run a department top to bottom, do all the marketing, proposals, project management AND the actual work at the job sites for $15.50 an hour? As you can see I wasn't in my right mind when I took their offer!

Anyway, this is enough of a novel and I doubt anyone even cares but I just wanted to give an update!

Running for my health and sanity!
PR's: 5k-25:05 (old PR 25:10), 5M-45:03 (old PR - 47:22), 10k - 52:00 (approximate - training), HM-2:25:58 (ran a 2:17:36 during marathon), Full- 4:49:25 (old PR -5:49:40), 50k-7:05:56, 50M-13:31:14, 100k- 18:59:31 (old PR 20:56)
(All of these PR's are going down this season!)

My Pregnancy Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c6297
February 11th, 2008, 09:13 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YAY SARA!!! I was so happy top open this and see all the cheer's! That's AWEOMSE that SD terminated his rights! I'm sure that takes a big weight off of your shoulders b/c the last thing you needed to worry about during all of this change is that !

February 11th, 2008, 10:06 PM
conley1988
I have been wondering how you and Gemma was doing! I am glad to hear that her dad signed away his rights. I do hope that you find a good paying job for all the work you do too!
February 11th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mom2Nat&Ry
Glad to hear that you are doing good.

February 12th, 2008, 03:44 AM
~* Helen *~'s Avatar A Prince And 2 Princess's
Glad to hear all is going great!!!
February 12th, 2008, 07:28 AM
midnight_starr's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Its good to hear from you!!! That is amazing that you won't have to worry about him ever taking Gemma from you!!! Things are going to turn out great for you!!!
Baby #2 due January 2014!

February 12th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It sounds like you have some really great options!
February 12th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Sara, I'm so happy for you!! Things are really looking up and you totally deserve it!!!!!

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
February 12th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Mjp121212's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
so glad all is well and yay for the paper signing!!!!!!!!!! gl on the jobs!

Thanks to Maitri for my wonderful siggy!
February 12th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Glad to hear things are going great for you, good luck with everything!!

February 12th, 2008, 11:26 AM
chellerenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay Sara! It seems like everything is going a little better! That's great! I'm so glad you won't have to worry about the drama from Gemma's dad anymore! Good luck on the job hunting! The offer in PA sounds good, but don't settle for something you're not sure you want. If you did take that offer, would it not be a little cheaper to live with your Gram. and just travel the hour rather than have to pay rent and everything else for awhile until you could get back on your feet? Anyways. I hope everything works out great for you! and don't say you doubt anyone cares ever again missy!

Michelle

February 12th, 2008, 03:29 PM
~hsingtreehouse~
I am so glad he finally signed the papers Sara. That is great news! I know it must make you sooo happy. I hope that you are soon able to take another job and get yourself and Gemma settled together - where ever that might be. I was thinking of you just the other day and hoping things were looking up for you.

5 years ago, I followed a man I loved to a town I didn't know. I quit my job, uprooted my life, took my child and then realized that he had been lying to me all along and that he was not the person I thought he was. Your situation is very near and dear to my heart as I have been where you are, almost completely and down to the $15.50 an hour.
February 12th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
glad youve got all those options hun!! *hugs*
February 12th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Veteran
Congrats Sara. It sounds like 2008 is your year. Keep the good news coming!

<~~ Thank you SpikeD

<div align="center">** Thank you Katarina for my awesome blinkies!** </div>

February 12th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
You know before bed last night, i had a post for you, but then my internet went pooey!

I am glad all is going better :-)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search