When you were a kid?

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Mjp121212's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Did you get Valentines at school...I mean flowers and balloons or anything...not the kind all kids exchange.?

My mom ALWAYS sent me balloons and a teddy bear every valentine's day and my birthday. i remember the first time...first grade and I got a balloon bouquet and it was weighted with a little blue chest with a teddy bear!

In High school I had boyfriends who sent flowers too, but my mom always sent me something lol. And one year I had flowers sent from my mom, the guy I was engaged to, and the same guy even had the advanced school show choir and director deliver me a singing valentine lol....I was bogged down with roses and balloons that year!

Thanks to Maitri for my wonderful siggy!
February 12th, 2008, 09:15 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My parents alway sent something to school. And if i had a boyfriend I also always got stuff sent to school.
One year my parents sent me a dozen roses with balloon and my boyfriend sent me a dozen and a bear with balloons. I couldn't figure out how i was getting home with all the stuff....boyfriend surprised me with a limo to pick me up after school! (senior in HS) Then he took me to his house and he had cooked dinner for us and set up a table on the roof of the house!! our single friends had been hired to serve us! It was my favorite v-day....just don't tell my DH that,,,,it wasn't him in HS
February 12th, 2008, 09:30 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wow angela, that rocks! haha

my mom would wake me up with my valentine's day gift(s) so I didn't get them at school. I had had stuff delivered from boyfriend's at school, and in addition to the little cards and card boxes we made in elementary school (I miss making those! lol) in HS we did a 'secret admirer' thing where for $1 you could buy a carnation and in homeroom that morning they delivered them all ... and sometimes the person signed it and sometimes they didn't. We did the same thing with candygrams & candycanes for Christmas, it was fun. There were some people and you just knew they bought and sent themselves their own... sad. lol

February 12th, 2008, 09:36 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:

my mom would wake me up with my valentine's day gift(s) so I didn't get them at school. I had had stuff delivered from boyfriend's at school, and in addition to the little cards and card boxes we made in elementary school (I miss making those! lol) in HS we did a 'secret admirer' thing where for $1 you could buy a carnation and in homeroom that morning they delivered them all ... and sometimes the person signed it and sometimes they didn't. We did the same thing with candygrams & candycanes for Christmas, it was fun. There were some people and you just knew they bought and sent themselves their own... sad. lol[/b]
I bought my own carnations
February 12th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mom2Nat&Ry
My mom gave me my valentine's when she got home from work that evening.

February 12th, 2008, 09:52 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:

my mom would wake me up with my valentine's day gift(s) so I didn't get them at school. I had had stuff delivered from boyfriend's at school, and in addition to the little cards and card boxes we made in elementary school (I miss making those! lol) in HS we did a 'secret admirer' thing where for $1 you could buy a carnation and in homeroom that morning they delivered them all ... and sometimes the person signed it and sometimes they didn't. We did the same thing with candygrams & candycanes for Christmas, it was fun. There were some people and you just knew they bought and sent themselves their own... sad. lol[/b]
I bought my own carnations
[/b]

February 12th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Carly's Mama's Avatar formerly JackieGerhardt!
Send a message via AIM to Carly's Mama
my mom is a dork, she used to get me those coin holding cards every year until I went to college! You know, the ones that hold $1 worth of dimes or $5 worth of quarters - they are for kids but I got one eveyr year! My dad always gave cool gifts, like stuffed animals, and one year he gave me a really nice guitar. Another year I got a pet rabbit!
Alexander Richard, born 10/21/09 via emergency c/s
8lbs, 7 3/4 oz
20.5"

February 13th, 2008, 04:42 AM
ANGWife
I never got anything at school. I brought my little Valentine's for my friends and that was it.
February 13th, 2008, 10:50 AM
SandKmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My Jr year I got flowers and a balloon, and I still don't know who it was from..

But even the class room exchanges where we had 35-40 kids in our class, I was lucky to get 15 cards. I've never been liked and never really gotten things like that. SO I was shocked when finally my jr year I actaully got something

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search