Sorry been MIA!

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
I haven't been on much because I haven't been feeling the best. I went to the doctor yesterday but started feeling better. In the end I had to have my appendix removed this evening and it looks like I'll be stuck in the hospital on Valentine's day They said there is a chance I might be able to go home tomorrow afternoon/evening so thats good news at least.

I had to drink a bunch of imaging juice for my CT this afternoon and walk around (either that or they fill you up via a rectal enema - yuck lol). While DH and I were walking around we talked a lot about TTC #2. We both are so excited but with my health issues and weight loss I want to wait a bit. I'd love a November baby (ttc feb 2009) but we don't know if we can wait that long so as of now I am saying we'll ttc in November 2008. So, thats our official date (though I know it can change ).

I'm doing okay - in a lot of pain and have a killer sore throat from the breathing tube thingie but it could be worse. This is a cake walk compared to my c-section lol. Mmm cake Ė Iíd love some food right about now lol.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
February 14th, 2008, 05:03 AM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you weren't well. I hope you feel much better soon!

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
February 14th, 2008, 07:01 AM
midnight_starr's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Feel better soon!!!!
Baby #2 due January 2014!

February 14th, 2008, 07:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christy005
ugh. sorry about having to have your appendix out and being in the hopsital on v-day. ! that sucks! i had mine out 4th of July. Hope you're all better soon!!

February 14th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow! Sudden surgery is just awful, but I'm sure you're going to get better fast. Maybe this will even help you w/ weight loss (pain killers replace food?) Slightly kidding, there!

I'm glad you have your DH to support you and get you well again. Happy V Day!
February 14th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Jennifer-in-Italy
:hugs so sorry girl! I had to do that last september. I hope you heal quickly!
February 14th, 2008, 10:00 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you get back to 100% quickly!

February 14th, 2008, 10:55 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Wow! Sudden surgery is just awful, but I'm sure you're going to get better fast. Maybe this will even help you w/ weight loss (pain killers replace food?) Slightly kidding, there!

I'm glad you have your DH to support you and get you well again. Happy V Day![/b]
Ok on a funny note,,,,,,removing an organ is probably good for weight loss also! hahahah
hope you have a speedy recovery!

February 15th, 2008, 02:36 AM
Angelaosaurus-rex's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Feel better soon!!!

Thanks so much to Helen for my beautiful siggy

February 15th, 2008, 05:43 PM
thank you for all the warm wishes! They really do mean a lot. Everything just happened so quickly and I'm still kind of shocked this all went down the way it did.

I'm finally home - I just took my pain meds and they have me feeling like crap. I'm in pain but with the meds its better, I just feel like I am going to vomit.

Poor Caden is having such a hard time with Mommy not being able to hold him. I haven't really even seen him since I left Wednesday morning for the CT - everyone thought I would be coming right home. My neighbor brought him to me after surgery but I was pretty out of it and he kept pulling at my little oxygen nose thing lol. So he was only there for 30min or so. MIL brought him to see me last night, too. But other than that this is the first time I've really been with him and I know he is having a hard time.

The big problem is I can't take care of him at all I can't put him to bed, get him out of his crib, put him on his changing table, put him in his highchair - I can't do anything so we have to arrange temp care for him. My mom watches my nephew a few days a week so right now its looking like my older brother will pick Caden up at 7am, take him to my moms, then bring him home in the evening when Steve will be home from work.

I can't even drive for at least 2 weeks I hate that I wonít be able to take care of my little man, but I know if I try to push myself too hard it will make it only worse.

Then I was in a GREAT exercise pattern Ė I loved working out and had lost 12lbs. Now its going to be 6 weeks before Iím cleared to exercise again. I need to send Steve grocery shopping and need a list. But I canít cook yet so I donít know what weíre going to do.

But - Iím just so grateful and so blessed to have so many awesome friends and family to help us out. My dad came on Wednesday so Steve could take me to the CT scan. My little brother stayed with Caden Wednesday night so Steve could stay at the hospital during my surgery, my neighbor brought Caden to see me once the surgery was over. My younger brother spent all day here on Thursday with Caden so Steve could stay with me (We thought we would be released by 3pm yesterday so we didnít see the point in bringing Caden to a germ filled hospital). MIL drove the hour out here last night to watch Caden and bring him to see me when I wasnít released. My cousin picked Caden up at 8am today and kept him all day since Steve (dh) and I didnít know when Iíd come home. My mom has been nasty sick so she couldnít help but we have so many people who did. Then we have all these people here to help us during my recovery. I just hope it all works out.

February 17th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
OH wow ! I hope you get your feet under you soon! I hate when you fell helpless ! Best wishes hun!I hope you can get back into your workout groove !

February 18th, 2008, 01:27 AM
conley1988
I hope all goes well and you get better soon!
February 18th, 2008, 06:35 AM
JustBreathe
I hope you're feeling a little better today, and even moreso tomorrow!
February 18th, 2008, 07:36 AM
Mjp121212's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WOW get better soon!

Thanks to Maitri for my wonderful siggy!
February 18th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Thanks ladies - I was in some pretty nasty pain this morning but once I took my meds and moved around a little bit it got better. It was just hard to send Caden away (My mom is taking him during the day since I can't lift him up or chase after him).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search