BCP vent..

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2008, 10:56 AM
midnight_starr's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG I just paid freaking $60 for this months pack of birth control pills.. My stupid insurance doesn't cover BCP (which I think is sooo stupid) so they have been running me about 50-55 dollars (the price changes every month, its never the same) but DH goes to pick them up for me today and they are over $60 I hate this it is beginning to be too expensive for us to afford..

Anyone else's insurance doesn't cover their pills?? Does it cost you this much?

I know I can go to my dr. and switch to a generic pill and it would be 10 times cheaper, or I go could to the health center and get them really cheap, but I'm afraid to switch pills because i've been on this one for 5 years and have never had any problems what so ever on it.. I'm just so frustrated with this, we could use that extra $60 a month on something else..

Thanks for letting me vent ladies..
Baby #2 due January 2014!

February 23rd, 2008, 11:13 AM
~Caroline~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, that's insane!!!! We have mandatory public insurance for those who don't have private health insurance here, but it only pays 2$ on each pack of pill. I just bought mine today and it cost me 16$. If you add the 2$ that the insurance pays, it's still only 18$!!!

February 23rd, 2008, 11:47 AM
blessedberry
Ya mine used to cost $50 a month too which I hated, thankfully I'm with Tricare now and it's 100% free, want me to mail you some? LOL JK
February 23rd, 2008, 12:21 PM
ANGWife
Mine was $20 a month, and then when it finally went to $30 I had had enough. Ever thought of charting?
February 23rd, 2008, 12:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christy005
wow. 60 bucks a month is ridiculous I hope you can find a solution soon , either by switching or using another method entirely.

February 23rd, 2008, 12:35 PM
Yeah I would love to chart but DH doesn't trust that method.. My old insurance covered them and they were only like $10 but after DH and I got married our new insurance didn't cover them..

Yeah Kaila mail me all the ones you forget to take!! LOL

February 23rd, 2008, 01:49 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You're on Yasmin right? I was on Yasmin too which I loved but then when I switched insurance they went up to $50 a month and I just wasn't willing to pay that. I went to the health department they put me on ortho tri cyclen which was a NIGHTMARE, but they were only $5 a month. I had to go back and have a pelvic exam every 3 months though and I was not willing to do that b/c during the first one the POWER WENT OUT in the middle of the exam.

So that's how we decided to use FAM

February 23rd, 2008, 03:46 PM
ANGWife
Quote:
You're on Yasmin right? I was on Yasmin too which I loved but then when I switched insurance they went up to $50 a month and I just wasn't willing to pay that. I went to the health department they put me on ortho tri cyclen which was a NIGHTMARE, but they were only $5 a month. I had to go back and have a pelvic exam every 3 months though and I was not willing to do that b/c during the first one the POWER WENT OUT in the middle of the exam.

So that's how we decided to use FAM[/b]

That's crazy, Shannon!
February 23rd, 2008, 03:52 PM
geo-geek
If you go to a $4 prescription pharmacy (like Wal-mart) they can tell you what prescriptions they have. When I was taking pills for the exact same levels of everything it went down from $70 a month to $16. You may find out that it isn't that much of a change
February 23rd, 2008, 04:38 PM
~hsingtreehouse~
That is CRAZY! OMG! Before Zyrtec went generic and OTC, I was paying $50 a month for it...and I didn't have a choice to switch because it was the only thing that worked for me. Thank God it finally went generic. I just got 100 pills for $25.88!

I hope you can figure out something. I did NFP (ish...my version) for 4 years with perfect success. Maybe if you sit down with dh and say "look, I can only get pregnant when I am OVULATING" and let him see the calendar, maybe then he would feel okay with it. Will he use condoms? My dh did that or we abstained during the fertile times. It really didn't bother him too much but I know some men won't use them.
February 23rd, 2008, 07:16 PM
Yep I'm on Yasmin and I love it, thats why I would hate to switch

DH understands the whole when I ovulate and you can only get pregnant at this time thing (he took a sex class his first semester and basically knows more about my period then me, ) I think its just the whole we are living with my parents right now that makes him say no no no to FAM/NFP..He would hate for us to get pregnant while we are still here. He doesn't mind condoms and neither do I. We still used them with the BCP until we got married (can you say super paranoid).. So I really don't know what to do about this situation.. I think we are going to sit down and talk later because $60 a month is so not worth it

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search