You as a kid!

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2008, 10:34 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What's something cute or embarrassing you said or did when you were a kid? What stories do your parents like to re-tell about you when you were younger?

February 23rd, 2008, 10:45 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got a bunch of candy for Halloween one year but wasnt allowed to have any before bed that night. I had pajamas with elastic at the bottom and I thought that elastic was triple enforced and unpenetrable. I told my mom I needed to go the kitchen to get water before bed and I CRAMMED candy down my pants, with bunches of tootsie rolls. I thought the elastic would hold it all. I then waddled slowly through the kitchen, through the living room past my parents, slowly SLOWLY down the hall. Apparently I had a trail of tootsie rolls coming out behind me and my parents were dying laughing, but quietly. I thought i was free and clear to snack all night long, until my mom called my name and told me I left something in the living room

February 23rd, 2008, 10:52 PM
rofl lauren that is SO cute! I can just picture your little trail of tootsie rolls!

One that DF's mom tells all the time is of him in kindergarten asking to take his little sister in for show and tell... he gets up in front of the class holding his baby sister and boasts, "This is my baby Kelly..."

Apparently he used to crawl around on the floor and whenever he would find a piece of lint or something he would march over to his mom with his hands on his hips telling her she better clean up b/c his baby Kelly could swallow that lint and get sick!

... my hygienist has been my hygienist since I was 3 and she takes notes on what is going on in my life when I have my teeth cleaned so she can ask me about it the next time... and she flipped back to my very first visit and jotted down that I walked in, looked around her little chair area and proclaimed "I really like your house!" ... aww! haha

February 23rd, 2008, 10:55 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Her house, thats hilarious! Hey at least you were a nice kid right!

February 23rd, 2008, 11:01 PM
chellerenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
lol that's funny Lauren!

When I was 5, we lived in a house that had a big ditch in front of it, and when it would rain, me, my sister, and my brother would all go swim in it. Me and my brother would drink the muddy water and say, "MMMMM....chocolate milk!" lol We really thought it tasted good! hahaha

An embarrassing story that my Dad always likes to tell....when I was in 5th grade, one day at school, some of the boys in my class were talking about boners and I didn't know what it was. lol So, one of the boys told me to go home and ask my Dad what a boner was, so of course, I did! lol He was shocked and didn't know what to say! He just asked where I heard that! lol

Michelle

February 23rd, 2008, 11:04 PM
omg michelle! when I was like... 14? I was talking on AOL to my boyfriend and he said when we grew up he'd be my gynecologist... and i didn't know what it was and he told me to ask my step dad so I did and my step-dads like "...why?" and my dum bass is like "b/c michael is going to be mine!" ... yeah... I can totally relate to the awkwardness!

February 24th, 2008, 01:38 AM
Angelaosaurus-rex's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
AAAhahahahha!!! All of your story's are so funny!!!!!

I don't think I did anything really cute but I did do some weird stuff.
Me and my sister would chew up crackers, spit them out the use it as dip on other crackers. At age 12 I stole KY jelly from my sisters room because I thought it was cool tooth paste and brushed my teeth with it.

When I was 3 my mom's mother took me to church. Well she lost me in a crowd of people, I couldn't see anyones face's so I looked around found who I thought was my grandmother and garbed her hand. It turned out to be like an 80 year old woman and she helped me get back to my grandma. When I saw her I said really loud I thought this was you (the 80 year old) Because her hands are all wrinkly like yours! My grandma was like 40 at that time.

Thanks so much to Helen for my beautiful siggy

February 24th, 2008, 02:48 AM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hahahaha i love them all...
Ok so my mom decided that she was going on some 4 day weekend long trip, no idea where to. So my dad had to watch me for those 4 days all by himself. It was his first time doing that. I was about 1.5 yrs old and just learning to walk. Two parts to this one......
First my dad was paranoid that I would end up with some diaper rash and mom would nag him because he wasn't doing it right....so he was constantly checking my diaper. Well he started running out of diapers! (he would change them if they were clean). So he went to buy some more. The lady at the store told him you can refasten them if they are clean. Well he started doing that, but the sticky stuff wasn't holding on my diapers well, so he brought out the Duct tape and taped me into them, and taped them to my skin-because they would fall down when I was trying to walk.....turns out I am allergic to tape adhesive LOL This is how we found that out....severely too......so we were off to the hospital that night. I am sure he got grief from explaining why duct tape was on his child.
Well he didn't sleep much that night because we were in the ER for so long. But he decided he better take me to church to avoid hearing about it from mom i am sure LOL. So we went. This is the largest church in town holds about 1000 people per service!!! He sits in the back of the pews were the family are sent to. He falls asleep LOL, I however was wide awake and wanted to play with something up front. I crawled under about 75 pews and got to the front of the church were the Father (Catholic priest) found me crawling up the stairs to see him. He stopped the sermon and asked who may be missing a child....my dad was still sleeping LOL So no one knew who I was LOL. The alter boys took me and let me sit up with them. Well my father wakes up and starts freaking out that he lost me (remember we are sitting in the back-well it was summer and the church doors are open to a major street!!!) So he thinks I went that way and starts making a commotion.....about then they figured out who lost their kid. He had to walk up to the front of the church during a 1000 person service....."walk of shame" to get me.....I heard that story from TONS of people who were there when it happened.
February 24th, 2008, 06:48 AM
ANGWife
When I was 6, I went outside completely naked and washed my dad's car. And we lived in a subdivision.

Oh and I don't remember this one but my relative LOVE to tell this story. When I was 3, we were sitting down at Thanksgiving meal with all the extended family. I started moaning and saying my stomach hurt. My aunt asked what was wrong and I said "Get me something big. I have to poop REAL bad."
February 24th, 2008, 01:41 PM
*kyle*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When I was about 5, my best friend's mom was driving her daughter and me somewhere, and she was drinking a Diet Coke while she was driving. I'd heard about drinking and driving, so I was freaking out. When I got home I told my mom "Angela's mom was drinking and driving!" Well my mom is like "WHAT?" and calls over there real quick... saying my daughter said you were drinking and driving! Of course the other mom cleared that up right away, and they had a good laugh about it. Then my mom had to explain to me what alcohol was and which drinks had alcohol in them lol.

February 24th, 2008, 02:46 PM
JustBreathe
Quote:
When I was about 5, my best friend's mom was driving her daughter and me somewhere, and she was drinking a Diet Coke while she was driving. I'd heard about drinking and driving, so I was freaking out. When I got home I told my mom "Angela's mom was drinking and driving!" Well my mom is like "WHAT?" and calls over there real quick... saying my daughter said you were drinking and driving! Of course the other mom cleared that up right away, and they had a good laugh about it. Then my mom had to explain to me what alcohol was and which drinks had alcohol in them lol.[/b]
Almost a dead ringer, Kyle, when I was small, I was at a community event on the River (the mighty Niagara, like my school-- it's the focal point of the city in the summer) and the DARE educator said something like "If you knew someone was on drugs, what would you do?" And of course all of us perhaps-5 year olds yelled, "TELL!" Well, my mom and Gram were always arguing about my mom drinking so much coffee and pepsi because of the caffiene and she mentioned it was a drug."

So, in front of the entire gathering, I stood up, like a proud little do-gooder and yelled out, "My mom does drugs! Grandma says so! She does Pepsi!"......... Sooooooo everyone got a kick out of that, and since Tonawanda is a place wherevery one (ugh sorry mom's comp has space bar probs), I occassionally get reminded of that. Mom could probably kick the crap out of me for it now! {That one was my late Gram's FAVORITE Michelle story!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another one my mom tells, when I was 7 {I was an avid reader and writer even then- I asked for the Buffalo News subscription for my 6th birthday then one of my parents would read it with me at night--- the beginning of my news and politics interest}, I was in the hospital, about to have my 2nd eye surgery, and they gave me crayons and paper while I waited for the anastestiolgy (baddddd sp!). So when the team arrived, I held up a sign that said, in my best English, "DO NOT TOUCH ME! I REPEAT, DO NOT TOUCH MY EYES!" And then I wouldn't let them put the IV in for a WHILE.

I was rather precocious.........
February 24th, 2008, 05:23 PM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
LOL these are so funny! I'm sure I did a lot of embarrassing stuff when I was little, but I can't remember most of it. I do remember being at wal mart or the grocery store and my mom would always have to pick up a prescription from the pharmacy....well my sister and I always went over to this nearby display that had all these different colored boxes on it, and we would argue over who gets which one. I would always want the purple one and she would want that one too just because I wanted it, etc. So one time the pharmacist was giving my mom a really weird look, so she turned around and said "GIRLS, get away from that, those are CONDOMS!"
I didn't even know what condoms were at the time, but we didn't play with them again!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search