Test early or wait?

Forum: Waiting to Try to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Waiting to Try to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am at 10 dpo this saturday. My situation is a bit diff in that I was given the go-ahead to POAS freely by my doc! I am on progesterone cream and if I stop taking the cream, my progesterone drops and if I am pregnant, it miscarries the baby. I have to POAS each month to know if I can stop the cream or not

You take the cream starting the day after you Ovulate, for 12-13 days. When you stop, it signals you arent pregnant and for AF to start. I dont really get the chance to "wait" on AF to show up. I also worry that i'll get preggo and it wont pick up in my urine or blood until its too late and I've already stopped the cream

However I am not stopping the cream till Monday and Saturday is 10dpo... so

THE POINT IS.. (!) do you test early or wait until AF is already late?

February 28th, 2008, 01:12 PM
JustBreathe
Typically, I'd say wait because my false last month sent me on an emotional rollercoaster that disgusts me.

But in your case, I'd DEF Poas!
February 28th, 2008, 01:19 PM
I know, I just feel so worried that this constant testing will bring an evap at some pont and i'm going to be so heartbroken

should I wait?

February 28th, 2008, 01:25 PM
bittersweet's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I might have understood wrong, so I apologize if so...

But since you aren't stopping the cream until Monday I'd say wait and test with Mondays FMU. This way you'll have less chance of getting an evap or is it/isnt it line. Even if you get a BPF at 10dpo on Saturday, you'll probably have to wait until monday for bloodwork anyhow.

February 28th, 2008, 01:28 PM
No you understood completely.. amd you are very correct about the blood test (good point)
I'm GOING to hold out until Monday!!

February 28th, 2008, 01:33 PM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I never test early so I would wait til Monday if I were you too. Getting a positive at 10 dpo isn't a sure thing and you don't want to keep yourself guessing and stressing over is it a line or not. By Monday you should have a pretty certain line if you are pregnant. Good luck with holding out!

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

February 28th, 2008, 02:03 PM
*Michelle*
I agree. Definitely wait.
February 28th, 2008, 02:08 PM
~Caroline~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I never POASed in my life! But I hope when I'm TTC I'll have the patience to wait until AF is missing. We'll see how that goes

February 28th, 2008, 02:11 PM
its so much harder than you think!! you just want answers and sometimes you are willing to risk being dissapointed, because "maybe" you wont be... its so hard!!

February 28th, 2008, 02:20 PM
tinafrank's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, I learned my lesson with my son. I didn't get a positive until I was nearly a week late. So, I won't POAS until I'm supposed to start my next month's bcps. My AF always comes before I am tempted to POAS. Although, when I was TTC my son I POAS every other day from about 12 dpo until AF came or until it was positive. Luckily I had a pretty short lived TTC time, so I didn't go too broke. Next time I won't POAS until I'm definitely late, though.
February 28th, 2008, 02:28 PM
I bought about 50 FRER's on Ebay... I'm armed and ready!!

February 28th, 2008, 02:33 PM
*Michelle*
Oh boy . . .
Since you will be testing a bunch, I can relieve my POAS disease vicariously through you
February 28th, 2008, 02:47 PM
i know I almost fainted when he told me to test (I get why, but who doesnt want a doc TELLING them to test!!)

I thought "can you write me a prescription for these tests so my insurance will pay for pregnancy tests, since apparently they are a must"

but ... I HAVE TO WAIT TILL MONDAY.

maybe sunday? if I'm a good girl?

Come on Michelle make a deal with me! You know how we did it for your cycle!

February 28th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Super Mommy
You girls have serious willpower! I always say I am going to wait, but then am almost never able to wait. But, with the pg I lost last year, I didn't really believe the lines until they were darker anyway.
I really agree that it is best to wait to test and if I have the willpower to do it this next time, I am going to wait!
February 28th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
I'd say pick a day and then stick to it. I tested on day 28 the night I got my BFP. Usually I spot for 3 days before my period and then start heavily flowing on Day 30, so when I hadn't started spotting for two days, I tested.

February 28th, 2008, 04:22 PM
*Michelle*
Ok Lauren, how about you can test Sunday only if your temp is still up, say above 97.5. And you CANNOT be disappointed if it's a BFN since you sorta weren't trying this cycle. It's like a practice run!

But of course I hope you get a positive! How does that deal sound?
February 28th, 2008, 04:55 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think Michelle's deal sounds like a plan! I would say if you're going to have to test regularly to just wait it out until Monday. I can't say what I personally would do... b/c I'm all about POAS for other people, lol, but when it comes to me I get nervous and usually stick it out until it's like WTH, I'm testing. I think when we finally TTC is may be a different story, but who knows.

I'd say test on Sunday @ 11DPO if your temp stays up.

February 28th, 2008, 05:20 PM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
I got my first BFP with my daughter REALLY early, and it was on an OPK, then the next day the OPK and HPT were both positive!
I say test every single day if you want to
February 28th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Ok Michelle, my temps have been pretty high, so lets say if its over 97.7 (i know i'm making it harder on MYSELF!!)

February 28th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Frozendesire's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Frozendesire
I'd suggest waiting till you've missed your AF or atleast half way into it. It really sucks getting faint lines, BFN, and all this confusing crap

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search