Favorite Baby Toys?

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By shen7
  • 1 Post By KMH

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2013, 06:59 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What are your favorite baby toys and for what ages?
March 1st, 2013, 08:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sheer scarves and soft balls and stuffed animals for basically age 0+ Now M is big enough to enjoy some blocks and heavier balls. We have a huge set of really nice plain wooden blocks from her granddad and I think we will be using them for many years. DH is excited for her to be old enough for Legos but that is a few years off.

The weirdest accidental toy that has been a HUGE hit is a set of suction cup star/flower decals that I bought for the tub/shower floor to make it non slippery. Well they sucked at that so were sitting in a small pile on the tub corner while I got around to getting rid of them. M found them and became obsessed! She stacks them up in a neat stack, lines them out on the floor and jumps from one to another, and puts her stuffed animals on them. She always wants them out. Anyway it is funny that one of her favorite toys is not actually sold as a toy lol.
alittlelost likes this.

March 1st, 2013, 11:21 AM
miamor
he loves all of his thomas the train wooden railway stuff and his melissa and doug wooden vehicle things.
March 1st, 2013, 12:12 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Some of my favorites for the babies right now:

Skwish Classic :: Manhattan Toy
Links-To-Go :: Manhattan Toy
Whoozit Starz Lights & Sounds :: Manhattan Toy
alittlelost likes this.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (5), Abigail (3) and George (3)

March 1st, 2013, 12:52 PM
Destiny
I got the kids a percussion set and we all sing and play together. It's ridiculously fun, even if it sounds pretty awful

March 1st, 2013, 04:07 PM
From about 7mo -14mo lil G loved wooden spools in an empty puffs container, baby food lids dropped into a formula can and tupperware/measuring cups
From 1yr we colored with markers and played with sensory bins.
Some favorites right now at 23mo are cars and improvised ramps, really anything with wheels and simple stacking blocks. He also loves my old fisher price record player.
I'm really frugal and can't spend money on new toys, so we get a lot from the thrift store and make our own quite often.
Some of my best thrift store finds for him were:
Marble run (and water beads or marbles)
boggle
bingo chips and magnet wands

Boggle is a great game for little ones b/c they get the fine motor putting the letters into the little tray, fun to shake and make noise and letter recognition if you keep it simple and only talk about one letter at a time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search