Zodiacs

Forum: Attachment Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shen7

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Attachment Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2013, 10:04 PM
IronMamma's Avatar -Child Advocate
Do you follow your zodiac?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

When you know better, you do better. And when you do better, you know HINTA.

August 24th, 2013, 07:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No not really. I'm a leo but I don't think it really fits.

Thank you so much AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggy!
August 24th, 2013, 07:39 AM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
I am into astrology, but I don't live by it. Why do you ask?

Leslie

August 24th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Not at all. And in fact I was just watching Carl Sagan's Cosmos on Netflix, and he delivers a devastating breakdown of how astrology is plainly false and just superstition, as opposed to astronomy. It's true, if you read your horoscope in 2 different newspapers or whatever, they will be completely different for the same sign on the same day, I've done that before and noticed it too, it's obviously just generic advice that has nothing to do with real planetary influences. I find Carl Sagan quite inspiring, makes me feel like I wasted my science career, I should have been in astrobiology and looking for life on other planets instead
ashj_1218 likes this.

August 24th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
I don't really. It's fun to read horoscopes sometimes, and a few have been scary accurate, though.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

August 24th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Horoscope is what you read in the paper. Horoscope is malarkey and so **** broad. Zodiac is the signs. I believe each sign is a glimpse into people born within a certain time range. Your birth chart gives a better picture to who you are.

Leslie

August 24th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDRW View Post
Horoscope is what you read in the paper. Horoscope is malarkey and so **** broad. Zodiac is the signs. I believe each sign is a glimpse into people born within a certain time range. Your birth chart gives a better picture to who you are.

Leslie
I once did an online birth chart with my exact time of birth. It didn't make a big impression though, I was hoping for something more spot-on.

I think you could work with the zodiac signs as sort of a symbology for thinking about your self and your life in an intuitive way. I have worked with tarot and I Ching and I think it's similar. The system is not about exact prediction or objective characterization, it's rather vague and open to many interpretations and applications, but the process of applying it to yourself (or a friend) allows you to articulate some things that are mostly subconscious and difficult to discuss verbally. If that makes any sense. I certainly don't think "the stars determine our fate" or any superstitious nonsense like that, but I can respect the process of delving into the zodiac symbols and seeing how they speak to you.

August 24th, 2013, 12:17 PM
IronMamma's Avatar -Child Advocate
I was just curious if anyone did. I do not follow them, and it's because they never seem to fit. Horoscopes are never right. lol

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

When you know better, you do better. And when you do better, you know HINTA.

August 24th, 2013, 08:47 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I know it sounds crazy...and it goes against my sensibilities...but I love zodiac signs. And mostly because my sign fits me so ridiculously well, it scares me that it could be fake and still nail my personality to a tee! I certainly don't go basing things in my life off zodiac stuff. I don't ever read my horoscope. I do think those are a bit of bull. So vague. But sometimes it cracks me up how much of a Sagittarius I am. (But I do realize it is likely just luck that I embody those traits, my husband is also a Sagittarius and he is nothing like me).
August 25th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't. I know I'm a virgo but I can't even tell you what sign the rest of my family is... it just doesn't mean anything to us... I have never found they 'typical virgo" personality traits to really match me.

August 25th, 2013, 10:30 AM
CrunchyMommaTo2's Avatar Proud Momma
I don't really follow them much either. I do know what sign I am, ds is, dh is, and other family members. My description fits me pretty well. I also have 3 zodiac signs tattooed on my foot.

August 25th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Aries - March 21 - April 20
Taurus - April 21 - May 21
Gemini - May 22 - June 21
Cancer - June 22 - July 22
Leo - July 23 -August 21
Virgo - August 22 - September 23
Libra - September 24 - October 23
Scorpio - October 24 - November 22
Sagittarius - November 23 - December 22
Capricorn - December 23 - January 20