Do you ever lie

Beginner's Forum

For lighter debates and to get to know new members.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Beginner's Forum LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2006, 02:25 PM
bellebutton's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Here's a funny one....Do you ladies ever lie and say someone's baby looks so cute when deep down inside you know in your heart that that is the ugliest baby that you have ever seen in your whole life??? There are some people that werent ment to reproduce!!!

January 25th, 2006, 02:38 PM
mrobinson

I do lie sometimes! Like when I see other dog owners and they give me "advice" that contradicts every article, book and magazine I've ever read! I'll say, "oh really, no I haven't tried that because I read differently somewhere.. but I'll give it a shot!" My favorite lie I hear is, "no, it only took us a week to housetrain our dog.."
January 25th, 2006, 02:40 PM
Super Mommy
Oh my... you caught me!!!

There was a couple in our child birth class that had a baby shortly after Emily was born. Well, The mother works with my husband. So, we all did spend a good bit of time together. One day, DH came home from work & he had seen the their baby that day. He was like... "Julie, that baby is pitiful, it is sad how ugly she is. She isn't pretty like Emily."

I saw it a couple of weeks later at a check up appt. Dear God, help that baby... That child has the biggest nose... I have EVER seen!!!

Julie

One of my babies I carried in my heart and one I carried under my heart...

Remember... behind every successful mother.. there is a basket of dirty laundry!!!</div>
January 25th, 2006, 02:47 PM
bellebutton's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know what you mean!!!

January 25th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Super Mommy
I did feel terrible about it though!

Remember... behind every successful mother.. there is a basket of dirty laundry!!!</div>
January 25th, 2006, 03:06 PM
chlodoll
i am guilty! i think all babies are beautiful, but not all babies are cute!!
January 25th, 2006, 07:05 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do my best not to...I just hate to think anyone would be disingeniune to me - so I try not to do it....I just get creative:

What a big baby
Wow - that alot of hair
Aw- another baldie
Look at the lenthg of those fingers - a piano player...
(if the baby is sleeping, or being quiet) - what a aweetheart
etc
etc
etc

You can say almost ANYTHING in a nice enough tone that parents feel like you have taken note of their baby & paid a compliment...even if you never say anything about cute, or particulary complimentary (more observational stuff) - lol

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

January 26th, 2006, 11:13 AM
Super Mommy
I did tell the mother how sweet she was and how lucky she was to have her. I would never want to hurt her feelings.

Like Bek said, I would not want some one to feel that way about my children. All children are precious!!!

Julie

January 26th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
All the time! I feel bad about it, but some babies aren't cute. And I am bias, my daughter was the cutest infant ever! Really though, I can't tell them the truth about it. But even the babies I don't find to be "the cutest" I can still find something cute about them. I just love babies, especially now that we are ttc our second.

Mommy to 6 year old Emily and 3 year old Lindsey!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search