JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Fashion and Beauty (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/f240-fashion-and-beauty/)
-   -   Short or Long hair? (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/f240-fashion-and-beauty/2708587-short-long-hair.html)

Thankfulhelpmeet February 17th, 2014 11:15 AM

Short or Long hair?

Do you have short or long hair?
Do you buy the argument that short hair can look good depending on your "face shape"?

What does your husband like on you best short or long?

rachelc0 February 19th, 2014 11:47 AM

Re: Short or Long hair?

i used to have very long hair, it went past the middle of my back. and i loved it. but after a while i decided i wanted something new. DH loved my long hair, but hated when i colored it blonde (he liked it dark). but he said i looked best w/ shoulder-length hair. so feeling antsy for something new, i hacked it off. and loved the new length ... for about a week.

now i regret it and can't wait to have my long hair back lol

Beth78 March 13th, 2014 03:16 AM

Long - if you don't have to spend ages keeping it in shape / if your husband likes it. Short - if you can't bother to keep them in shape/ if your husband likes it. So there! ;)

Macy12 March 16th, 2014 01:27 AM

I have tried short before but I just do not feel as ‘confident’ as I do with long hair. The last time it took almost a year to get back to my original length so I will not be making that mistake again. My significant other also likes my hair longer and is not a fan of the shorter styles. I am sure some people can rock it, I don’t think I am one of them.

Annika_Emm September 25th, 2014 09:15 AM

I prefer shorter hair. It suits me better and it is easier to care of it.
I have the short bob haircut for a few years. A few months ago I cut my bangs, so my hairstyle now looks like Louise Brooks'.
I don't think I will go back to long hair again.

Lincol December 2nd, 2014 04:42 AM

Get the haircut that makes you feel good about yourself :sneak:

My2miracles December 29th, 2014 11:49 AM

I like my hair short better. I have a pixie cut now & get more male attention and compliments than when my hair is long.

I don't care what my husband likes or dislikes. It's my hair so my choice! What is this the 50's????

rheat February 21st, 2015 03:06 PM

Long hair, I don't care

butterfly721 March 3rd, 2015 10:55 AM

I have long hair and I double highlight it blonde. It's down past the middle of my back.

My husband doesn't have a preference on hair length.

bluecomb March 5th, 2015 11:40 PM

It's been said 90% of men like women with long hair.

Kasper March 6th, 2015 12:07 AM

I grew my hair out during my study abroad and loved it. Got it cut when I can home and the woman totally butchered it. I'm just keeping it long now. Maybe I'll cut if short after the wedding but I want to be able to put it up.

My fiance really wishes I would cut it. But he can deal with it because a bob cut makes me look like an 8th grader.

Monroll March 6th, 2015 06:32 AM

I like the idea of long hair, but once it gets much past shoulder length I just put it in a ponytail every day and ignore it.

I prefer to have it collar length and then I curl it.

My other half is happy of it is long enougn to be pulled into a bun and thinks it looks.l pretty long but would never tell me how I should wear it.

melissamoses April 14th, 2015 11:54 PM

I prefer long hair. :)
And my otherhalf also likes long hair.He finds it beautiful.

rosie7 April 17th, 2015 03:39 AM

I used to have very long hair but it took me so long to get it dry.
Now I have shoulder-length hair, saves me a lot of time in the morning :p

Tindra April 18th, 2015 05:13 AM

I prefer short hair because it is easier to care of it..My husband also likes short hair on me...

nadi9876 May 1st, 2015 03:51 AM

I love long hair and since I got pregnant I let it grow even longer than before. Most of my friends who gave birth cut their hair in the baby's first year because it was hard to maintain and shorter hair is easier to keep clean and pretty.
But short hair will never be as sexy as long hair, unless you have the face of an angel and the breasts of a stripper because then hair doesn't really matter anymore!

Amanda2012 September 14th, 2015 02:40 AM

I am long hair

my husband love my long hair

My2miracles October 22nd, 2015 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluecomb (Post 28297331)
It's been said 90% of men like women with long hair.

I don't know where this study came from if there truly was a study or if this is just anecdotal but in my personal experience, I do not find this to be true.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadi9876 (Post 28322219)
I love long hair and since I got pregnant I let it grow even longer than before. Most of my friends who gave birth cut their hair in the baby's first year because it was hard to maintain and shorter hair is easier to keep clean and pretty.
But short hair will never be as sexy as long hair, unless you have the face of an angel and the breasts of a stripper because then hair doesn't really matter anymore!

I think Halle Berry and her millions of fans would disagree....

jennyg13 January 6th, 2016 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thankfulhelpmeet (Post 27960100)
Do you have short or long hair?
Do you buy the argument that short hair can look good depending on your "face shape"?

What does your husband like on you best short or long?

I do think face shape has a lot to do with it. I have a pretty round face so I avoid shorter cuts because I think they make my face look plump. My husband likes my hair when it's in the medium to long length usually. When it gets really long he usually starts to ask when I'm going to cut it again:p

crazycatmom January 15th, 2016 12:23 PM

I used to have long hair but I had been itching to chop it off so I waited until after my wedding. My DH said he likes my hair long but he was surprised that he still likes me with shorter hair haha :p jk

I got a lob and I think it works on pretty much every face shape. :)