JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Financial Planning and Budgeting (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/f223-financial-planning-and-budgeting/)
-   -   Helpful Tax Information (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/f223-financial-planning-and-budgeting/443475-helpful-tax-information.html)

BensMom January 26th, 2007 01:12 PM

Have a question about your taxes? Don't know which forms you need? Do you have to pay state taxes? Look no further! Here is a list of helpful sites to find the information you need.

Miscellaneous Information

Tax Deductible Value of Donated Goods (this has recently gotten more strict, so make sure you have a receipt, an itemized list, and/or pictures of the goods you've donated)
Tax Deductions and Credits (from BankRate.com)
Tax Deduction Information

Will a tax service be filing your taxes for you? Here's what you need to bring with you:

• Social Security Card(s)
• Driver’s License(s)
• Dependents’ Social Security Numbers & Dates of Birth
• Last Year's Federal and State Tax Returns
• Wage Statements - Form W-2
• Pension or Retirement Income - Form 1099-R
• Interest and Dividend Income - Form 1099-INT/Form 1099-DIV
• State Income Tax Refund Amount - Form 1099-G
• Social Security Income - Form SSA-1099
• Unemployment Income - Form 1099-G
• Commissions Received/Paid
• Information on sales of Stocks or Bonds - Form 1099-B
• Self-Employed Business/Farm Income & Expenses - Form 1099-MISC
• Lottery or Gambling Winnings - Form W-2G
• Lottery or Gambling Losses
• Income and Expenses From Rentals
• Income from Partnerships, S Corporations, Trusts, and Estates - Schedule K-1
• IRA Contributions
• Alimony Paid or Received
• Child Care Expenses & Provider Information
• Medical, Eye Care, and Dental Expenses
• Cash and Noncash Charitable Donations
• Record of Purchase or Sale of Residence
• Mortgage or Home Equity Loan Interest Paid - Form 1098
• Real Estate and Personal Property Taxes Paid
• State or Local Sales Taxes Paid
• Unreimbursed Employment-Related Expenses
• Job-Related Educational Expenses
• Educator Expenses
• Tuition and Education Fees - Form 1098-T
• Student Loan Interest - Form 1098-E
• Casualty or Theft Losses
• Estimated Taxes
• Foreign Taxes Paid

BensMom May 20th, 2007 03:04 PM


BensMom February 8th, 2008 09:20 AM

*bumping* This was a sticky LAST year, so some of the info might be outdated. The links should all be the same though.

~Trina~ February 8th, 2008 11:14 AM

GREAT info Chrystal .... I'm going to go ahead and have it stickied again :D

BensMom February 8th, 2008 11:47 AM

Thanks. :blush:

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright © 2003-2012 JustMommies.com, All Rights Reserved.