JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   High Risk Pregnancy (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/f106-high-risk-pregnancy/)
-   -   Has anyone had this happen? *Update* (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/f106-high-risk-pregnancy/2428311-has-anyone-had-happen-update.html)

arngwifey October 8th, 2011 07:42 AM

Has anyone had this happen? *Update*
I am 35 weeks 5 days now and the last few weeks my daughter has been having decreased movement, she's failed her NST and BPP this week so I was referred to a maternal fetal health and they want me delivered as soon as possible. I ended up going into preterm labor the night before my visit and he was upset they stopped labor at that point. I went in again yesterday and met with my OB and found out I have +2 protein, +3 ketones and I'm dilated 2. There is no explanation for the failed tests, or the decreased movement but there is worry that if we leave her in much longer she won't make it. I go to the OB now 3 times a week with BPP's and if she fails another one it's instant induction, if I have any cervical change, instant induction, if 37 weeks is made (I sort of doubt) then we do an amnio and deliver that day as well.

I feel like I've done something wrong with this pregnancy. I had 3 normal, healthy, full term deliveries with no issues and now this pregnancy I've got Pre-E looming over my head, decreased fetal movement, gallbladder issues, preterm labor....

A little update.

I went to the OB again yesterday and she passed her BPP which is great except it doesn't make me feel better about why she's failing them in the first place. But in addition to that I still have protein in my urine, headaches and feel really sick and my OB blames it on dehydration?! But on my way to the OB appointment I drank 32 ounces of water. Not to mention ALL weekend I spent the whole weekend drinking water and eating various things and there isn't an improvement in my ketones or protein but she wants me to keep waiting. Not only does she want me to keep waiting now rather than the plan to induce at 37 weeks she wants to wait until 39 weeks because she doesn't want to get a "nasty letter" for inducing someone before 39 weeks... as if this is just a normal healthy complication free pregnancy. My high risk doctor I saw last week wanted me induced LAST week... and she is suggesting I wait another 3 weeks?! I don't even know what to do. I'm so frustrated and defeated feeling. If I wait and something happens to me or her she will get more than a nasty letter and how could I live with myself?! I just don't know what to do.

Seattlite October 8th, 2011 03:45 PM

Re: Has anyone had this happen?
Hugs! I am so sorry you are going through all that. Please try not to blame yourself, this is obviously not something you chose for your body to do to you...I will be keeping my fingers crossed that your little one passes all the BPPs from here on out and you make it to 37 weeks! Keep us posted about how things are going!

emsketch October 8th, 2011 06:54 PM

Re: Has anyone had this happen?
You have not done a thing wrong! I know that you have heard it a million times, but every pregnancy is different. I hope that you make it to 37 weeks. If it were me and I made it that far I would pass on the amnio. Seems a little unneeded at that point since 37 weeks is considered full term.

arngwifey October 11th, 2011 08:41 AM

Re: Has anyone had this happen? *Update*
Small update.

sarapepper October 11th, 2011 07:48 PM

Re: Has anyone had this happen? *Update*
Do the high risk doctor and the regular OB not have a relationship? I only see on OB-the high risk one. If I were you, I would try and get the high risk doctor to contact the regular OB. I think the high risk doctor should have the ultimate say-so. Perhaps get on the phone tomorrow and see if you can talk to the high risk OB.......

Good luck!

momtomonkeys October 11th, 2011 10:10 PM

Re: Has anyone had this happen? *Update*
I would make an appointment with the high risk doctor and request an induction if I were in your shoes. No offense, but your OB sounds like an idiot. She should be more concerned for you and your baby rather than a "nasty letter."

Seattlite October 12th, 2011 07:04 AM

Re: Has anyone had this happen? *Update*

Originally Posted by momtomonkeys (Post 25002138)
I would make an appointment with the high risk doctor and request an induction if I were in your shoes. No offense, but your OB sounds like an idiot. She should be more concerned for you and your baby rather than a "nasty letter."

Ditto. Why would she even send you to see a high risk doc if she isn't going to listen to the advice of the high risk doc?

arngwifey October 12th, 2011 07:09 AM

Re: Has anyone had this happen? *Update*
I have been trying to figure out why she bothered to send me to him if she's not going to follow his say. I had another BPP done yesterday and the baby was failing all the way until the 30 minute mark when she got the hiccups- so she moved her diaphragm but that's involuntary so I don't know how or why they would even count that. If she is failing to that point, doesn't that indicate something?! I wish people hadn't taken advantage of elective inductions for so long because now it's creating problems for me. Since they have done away with inductions prior to 39 weeks she is worried about inducing me due to getting a slap on the hand from the hospital. Even though my medical records can be viewed.

She keeps blowing the protein and ketones off as well and I just feel like at the rate we are going either one of us is going to have complications because of it, or both....

emsketch October 12th, 2011 06:21 PM

Re: Has anyone had this happen? *Update*
Wow, I would be irate with her. Flat out ask her why on earth she is blowing off the high risk doc. If she does not give you a decent reason then let her have it. Can the high risk doc deliver for you? If so, I would bypass your OB.

OurSweetLabs October 12th, 2011 06:48 PM

Re: Has anyone had this happen? *Update*
At this point I think I would start running up and down stairs or something if I were in your shoes.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright © 2003-2012 JustMommies.com, All Rights Reserved.