JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Large Families (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/f75-large-families/)
-   -   To Go or Not to Go (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/f75-large-families/2140934-to-go-not-to-go.html)

UrbanMomma October 25th, 2010 08:10 AM

To Go or Not to Go
to the doctor?? Yep, thats the question....

Here are my symptoms:
abdominal pain
sore back
pain shooting down my hips to my feet
extreme fatigue
tingling in my hands
random vaginal spotting :tmi:

My mom is having a fit because I don't wanna go to the doctor. I hate doctors.

So what do you think, especially my fellow doctor haters, would you go?

Farmers-wife October 25th, 2010 08:34 AM

Re: To Go or Not to Go
How long has it been going on? Can you get relief by rest? Has it gotten worse and then better, or only worse? Did you take a pg test? Could be a miscarriage. Could be blood pressure problem. Have you gone to one of those places like a grocery that could take your blood pressure to see if it is high?

UrbanMomma October 25th, 2010 08:42 AM

Re: To Go or Not to Go
Pain in my hips for a few weeks. Abdominal pain a couple of days. The fatigue does not go away no matter how much rest I get, I am tired constantly. The random spotting was about two weeks ago for a few days. My bp is good, my gma checked it.

I am not even going there with the pg thing.

mom2many2010 October 25th, 2010 09:05 AM

Re: To Go or Not to Go
As another mommy who hates to go....I would go.

Farmers-wife October 25th, 2010 09:50 AM

Re: To Go or Not to Go
The tired could be thyroid related. Or it could be that you get up at 3am to go to work at a very physical job. How are you eating? Ab pain could be gas. I don't know about the tingly hands. You could go or not go. I probably wouldn't, but then I almost died with appendicitis.

Kierasmom October 25th, 2010 10:15 AM

Re: To Go or Not to Go
I'd go b/c of the fatigue and abdominal pain.

UrbanMomma October 25th, 2010 10:35 AM

Re: To Go or Not to Go
See, I am like you FW, I was sick as a dog with a kidney infection before I'd go to see anybody a few years ago, then I ended up in the ER for 12 hours being pumped with fluids and antibiotics....

I figure they'll just tell me I am exhausted because I have nine kids and a very physical job with jacked up hours. Ditto to the back pain and they'll probably write off the hips, headaches and maybe even the hands too because of the job and lack of sleep.

Farmers-wife October 25th, 2010 11:58 AM

Re: To Go or Not to Go
How hard/easy would it be to go? This is a big consideration for me. The hassle to reward ratio has to be in the go favor for me to go.

Do you have to go to the ER and wait? No way.
Can you call a dr office and make an appointment and go? Maybe.
Do you have insurance or can easily pay for it? Maybe.
Are you going to have to come out of pocket next month's rent? Maybe not.
And if you would rather feel the way you do than deal with any of the above, I would wait. If you would rather deal with any of the above than feel this way for one more day, I would go.

#5in2005 October 25th, 2010 12:02 PM

Re: To Go or Not to Go
Regardless of weather you go to the dr or not (I think you should go) I hope you feel somewhat better soon.

Just_Marie October 25th, 2010 12:12 PM

Re: To Go or Not to Go
could it be another kidney or uti? You should go

UrbanMomma October 25th, 2010 12:33 PM

Re: To Go or Not to Go
It would be relatively easy, I guess. I don't have a doctor, so I'd have to find one, my mother suggested hers. Then I'd have to make an appt. I only have a $10 copay, but I'd have to take at least three lil ones with me and I can just imagine the fun that would be.

cnote October 25th, 2010 01:10 PM

Re: To Go or Not to Go
tingling hands could be work (carpal tunnel from handling boxes), same could be said about the back pain, possibly the hip pain and the exhaustion. All of which could be relieved a bit with more rest (Like that's gonna happen LOL!)

The abdominal pain and bleeding could be related.

It's tough to say. I hate going to the doc too. I usually end up going but then cop out when they want to run additional tests.

With all those symptoms and you questioning whether to go or not...It makes sense to just go.

Momtothe6thpower October 25th, 2010 02:49 PM

Re: To Go or Not to Go
I think you should go. Better safe than sorry.

Farmers-wife October 25th, 2010 03:16 PM

Re: To Go or Not to Go
$10 and 3 kids. It is doable. Let us know what they say!

UrbanMomma October 25th, 2010 06:06 PM

Re: To Go or Not to Go
no, three kids at the doctor isn't doable....

I'll go, I'll be on time for my appt however the doctor will be running an hour behind. So I'll be forced to sit in some waiting room with old people who don't like small children and at least one person who coughs as if they are dying from an unknown and uncurable disease.

Then when I finally get in the back it will be another 1/2 hour before I see the doc, which will be prime meltdown time. Kids will be hungry, not want the snacks I brought, have drank all their juice, and be hitting and biting each other in boredom. The doc office will have no toys or books to entertain small children and even though I brought a small toy box and a library from home they will be bored with all that.

Then they will want to do unthinkable things to me, like weigh me (gasp) and have me undress and sit in one of those horrible gowns while waiting with small children. One of whom will have to use the bathroom or have a bloody nose or some other minor catastrophe which will require a trip into the hallway while I have on said gown. They won't wait for me to change and they will run into the hallway and round corners before I can nab them. Which will force me to run out into the hall in the horrific gown thing.......

All for some doctor to finally see me and tell me I'm tired because I have my hands full, ask me if I want birth control and tell me I need to lose weight (duh...remember the nine kids??!!??)

Then they will charge me $10 for wasting my time, stressing me out and telling me what I already know.

Thansk for the help ladies.....I decided, I'll go when I am **** near dead or my head is on fire.

~mommy~ October 25th, 2010 07:37 PM

Re: To Go or Not to Go
Hope you feel better soon.
I could have typed what you did above, about the trip to the Dr. BUT remember most importantly you need to take care of yourself. :)

Just_Marie October 25th, 2010 09:22 PM

Re: To Go or Not to Go
I hope you get to feeling better, you are the most important person in the world to those kids, so you need to feel well to be their best;)

Counting our Blessings October 26th, 2010 09:39 AM

Re: To Go or Not to Go
I went into the doctor two weeks ago because I felt terribe. I also don't go until it's really bad. I was so tired all the time ( I was afraid they would give me the "you have 8 kids bit"). I was having weird periods, short than long, heavy than short, terrible memory. Turns out my thyroid is way off. I didn't want to go on medication for the rest of my life so I sought out alternative treatments. I just started on Saturday and feel a ton better already. My treatment is for 12weeks. Even if you don't want to go to a doctor, if you get a diagonois of something, you can go from there. I just did that and am so thankful I did.

Take care of yourself!

UrbanMomma October 26th, 2010 10:35 AM

Re: To Go or Not to Go
What did you find for an alternative treatment for thyroid, Mari? I was reading something about there being a "thyroid epidemic"and there not being any real alternatives to meds. My grandma and aunt are both on "lifetime" thyroid meds.

SnowAngel October 26th, 2010 06:11 PM

Re: To Go or Not to Go
UM how are you feeling today?

Mari I am curious to what the alternative is cause I have hypothyroidism.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright © 2003-2012 JustMommies.com, All Rights Reserved.