JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Large Families (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/f75-large-families/)
-   -   19 kids and counting or 12 + (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/f75-large-families/2586986-19-kids-and-counting-12-a.html)

marlz_04 October 21st, 2012 10:08 AM

19 kids and counting or 12 +

Do any of you watch 19kids and counting or the show 12 or more?

All the kids are angels all help out, house is spotless... its not a crazy house hold where you can hear yourself think...

is it really like that with alot of childrean??

Like i have four kids that are pretty good most of the time.. but they aint like that..

Momtothe6thpower October 21st, 2012 10:33 AM

Re: 19 kids and counting or 12 +

I don't watch them. I used to watch the Duggars here and there though so I know what your talking about.

My kids are angels....whenever people are watching, lol!

UrbanMomma October 21st, 2012 06:18 PM

Good for them. Their life isn't mine. I like mine. :)

clouise October 21st, 2012 08:13 PM

Well I guess if your house is a mess and your kids act up then you don't volunteer to go on tv, lol.

I think my kids are normal. My house is kind of a mess. I like my life too.

If you get to feeling down check out one of those Nanny 911 shows...all of a sudden your children WILL seem like angels.

Kristina October 22nd, 2012 05:58 AM

I have watched the duggars from time to time, It's nice to see how another large family organizes things, it was probably a lot crazier when her oldest children were younger.

Counting our Blessings October 22nd, 2012 07:53 AM

I agree with Kristina! Our house had gotten so much quieter now that we have a few older ones, 12, 10. and 7. Our house is organzied and clean. We just keep it that way. We have cleaning every Wed, we expect beds made everyday, rooms clean, etc. Kids do the dishwasher, I do laundry and they put away. It works for us.

Repti.Mom October 22nd, 2012 12:22 PM

I'm not big on that kind of reality tv. The most 'reality' I'll go is cooking competition shows.

I have seen them though. Our house isn't crazy, but it's not chaos either. I just don't have my older kids raise my younger ones.

marlz_04 October 22nd, 2012 09:31 PM

I aint down.. Just when we have our nephews and theres 6 they all talk over the top of each other and running a muck playing. and i watch thoses shows here and there and the kids a all well behaved, helping out.. house is spotless and i think i wonder if thats real or fake.. like id have 19 kids if it was that easy lol

Just_Marie October 26th, 2012 08:58 PM

my house is decently clean but its only because I have alot of help from other adults, definitely not from the kids! Its chaotic and loud and someone is always fighting or looking for a bandaid, but I kind of like chaos so its awesome! If all the kids were so polite and sharey and cleany, I wouldn't fit in