JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Our pregnancies and Our Earth Angels (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/f789-our-pregnancies-and-our-earth-angels/)
-   -   NT Scan today (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/f789-our-pregnancies-and-our-earth-angels/2361509-nt-scan-today.html)

littlebeansmommy June 29th, 2011 12:25 PM

NT Scan today

Had a great appointment this morning. I had my NT scan done and everything looked good. My measurement was within the limits and now we're just waiting on bloodwork. Baby looked really good and kept flipping over on the tech making it hard to get the measurements! I got to talk to the perinatalogist about my previous history and so she recommended the monthly growth scans and that they continue to track the baby in their office. It's what I was expecting but it was nice to go over it with her again. I go back in 6 weeks for my big anatomy scan!!!!

Can I say how nice it is to be able to take cover here from the other DDC's?! Some of them (not mentioning any names) have SOOOOOOO much drama. I'd rather post here with all you supportive ladies :)

~Laurie~ June 29th, 2011 03:57 PM

Re: NT Scan today

Yay! I am so happy that you had a good appointment. The monthly scans will hopefully be reassuring. I have ultrasounds every two weeks (I have another one tomorrow!), and I find them very helpful and comforting. I still go crazy between, but it is nice to know that everything looks good. It is a nice tangible piece of evidence that things are going OK. Are you planning to find out the gender? Do you have a guess yet?
I haven't joined a DDC this time. There are many reasons for this, such as fear that I would just have to leave again, previous experiences with drama, and a pretty much complete inability to relate. Pregnancy just isn't the same thing for girls like us as it is for those who have never had a loss. I am not setting up a nursery or buying all kinds of cute clothes, I am hoping and praying that my baby makes it and trying to manage my panic attacks between appointments. In a DDC, I can't be honest about my experiences, worries or feelings. I would be nothing but a buzz kill. I have lurked in the September DDC, though, and they seem like a great group of women, but I still wouldn't want to be the scary example of what can go wrong, if you see what I mean? I post in PAL a bit. They understand that I can't even bring myself to get a ticker! This section is a bit quiet for the most part, so you may want to give PAL a try too, if you haven't already.

noworries June 29th, 2011 04:28 PM

Sounds like a great appointment.

MeganMomof5 June 29th, 2011 04:56 PM

Glad everything looked great!!! KUP on your next ultrasound :)