JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   OH SO PO'd!!!!!! (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/1993657-oh-so-pod.html)

Kary♥RN May 29th, 2010 08:44 AM

OH SO PO'd!!!!!!

Well My dh came home last night.. and the "company" he is working for has pretty much told him... they will be working 7 days aweek... Now this "company" isn't even his employer.. he is working through a staffing office. So he gets no sick days, no vacation days no benifits of any kind.. (I am carrying the benifits through my work... God forbid if I have to go out of work.. I only have 12 wks leave.. no matter what!! Or I will loose my job, hence loose my benifits!!!) .. if he dosen't work m-f he doesn't get paid. So he starts working for this company and he is working every weekend... (We are trying to get ready for the twins.. so thier is only so much I can move and do on my own) When he tells them he needs a day on the weekend off.. They treat him like S**T! And he then has to deal with all the crap that comes with it. So yesterday they pretty much told him.. either work 7 days a week.. or they will call the Staffing agency and release him. He was so upset when he came home, we have barely spent any time since he started. He has only been off about 7 days since the week before Valentines day... Here I am trying to get two rooms ready.. one for the Nursery and the other room.. Trying to get rid of and try to find places for all the other crap that were in the "nursery".. cleaning out closets and making a pile for a yard sale.... alone... THIS SUCKS!! I am so PO'd right now. I jus want to rid there and tell this guy where he can shove his 7 days a week crap!!

mlyster May 29th, 2010 10:16 AM

Re: OH SO PO'd!!!!!!

Umm are there no labour laws in the states! Here we can not work more than 24 days in a row without a specified amount of time off (i think our longest shift cycle is 24 on 4 off). Don't they know that people are NOT PRODUCTIVE if they are working that much. What the heck?! Does he at least get paid OT? Why no benefits? Does the staffing company not have benefits plans? So many questions... sorry! And I hate that your DH has to go through all of this.

KDD May 29th, 2010 02:21 PM

:ditto: to what Michelle said. I wonder if the staffing company even knows about it. They are the ones that will be on the hook for any labour issues or overtime. He should talk to them.

Kary♥RN May 29th, 2010 09:20 PM

I have had a few people ask if this is leagal... and yes it is.. In the state of PA.. thier is no law of how many days worked in a row... The law only states they have to pay overtime (and yes they do.... but I would gladly shove the overtime up the companies butt!!) As for the Benifits.. most temp angency do not offer any health insurance since you are a "temp" or "contractual" So they don't know how long you will be "employed"..... It so sucks!!!!!!

baby4me? May 30th, 2010 03:54 AM

Kary... that really sucks! This is added stress that you definitely do NOT need right now. Especially with twins :( I hope you at least have some close friends or family that can help out with getting ready for baby?

Kary♥RN May 30th, 2010 09:12 AM

Yes I do.. My mom and some close friends... But I would rather save that help for when the babies come... Everything I am reading is you will need all the help you can get when the babies come!!.. I will just have to ask for more help than I was anticipating..

alethia May 30th, 2010 09:13 AM

that totally sucks! I would be pissed too! I believe with FMLA however, if anything happens that you need to be on bedrest etc - under federal law they cannot fire you or take away your benefits if you've been there 1 year. So sorry about your DH having to work so much and you having to do all the other stuff on your own!!

EVY&EGYsMommy May 30th, 2010 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alethia (Post 20355839)
that totally sucks! I would be pissed too! I believe with FMLA however, if anything happens that you need to be on bedrest etc - under federal law they cannot fire you or take away your benefits if you've been there 1 year. So sorry about your DH having to work so much and you having to do all the other stuff on your own!!

Yup....this is true. Also...you should be able to be on disability (paid or not paid) before and after birth for so long. For me....I was on unpaid disability from 4 weeks before EDD, through 6 weeks after birth. THEN I was on FMLA leave for 12 weeks. THEN I requested unpaid leave (no benefits tho).

I am really sorry about all this. I hope your DH can find a better job soon. This is just horrible! :(

Katie

..Penelope.. May 30th, 2010 09:40 PM

I'm so sorry, Kary :(

Trish36 May 31st, 2010 02:05 PM

I'm sorry Kary. This really sucks! Will he be able to take time off when the babies come? Can he not go back to the staffing agency and ask for another placement? It may not happen right away, but he could start the process.

sodagirl May 31st, 2010 02:34 PM

:dothug: