JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   "Labor" update (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2516466-labor-update.html)

Shadeauxe April 19th, 2012 04:22 AM

"Labor" update

I put the word labor in quotes because I am not in active abor yet, I don't think.

I came in to the hospital yesterday morning with irregular contractions. I figured they would send me home, but it was better to go get checked than not.

When they checked me, they discovered that my water had broken. I hadn't noticed because I've had a horrbe cough for a couple of weeks which makes me pee a lot. So, since my water was broken and thy didn't know when, they said they were going to admit me and start pitocin.

The pitocin did increase contractions and they were fine, so I haven't had an epidural or anything. Also, because my water was broken, they were waiting to do an internal exam until it seems like the contractions were more intense.

After 13 hours on the pitocin, the finally did a check and there's been no progress. Boo. So, they stopped the pitocin, let me eat (yay), and then gave me cytotec(?). I've had two doses of that. I don't know what the next step is. Maybe more pitocin. They don't seem o be alarmed or anything, so that's good.

I am really bored, but I suppose that being bored is better than having some medical drama unfolding. I've been mostly watching movies on HBO on demand. I'll post an update when I know more.

Shadeauxe April 19th, 2012 04:44 AM

Re: "Labor" update

All typos courtesy of the iPad.

Shadeauxe April 19th, 2012 05:56 AM

They fed me breakfast, yay. It's nice that thy aren't psychotic about food. Once stuff starts up, I'm sure I'll be back on just liquids.

ashj_1218 April 19th, 2012 06:52 AM

Wow...whole bunch of waiting, huh?

Hopefully something happens today and you get that little girl outta there and in your arms! Keeps us posted. And enjoy your on demand movies :D

luvmykids623 April 19th, 2012 07:00 AM

I hope things start moving along for you soon!

mom2moose April 19th, 2012 07:22 AM

I hope things get moving soon. Good luck and thanks for keeping us posted!

L-SBB April 19th, 2012 07:48 AM

i hope everything gets moving for you today! you're lucky they let you eat...mine starved me throughout just.in.case they had to do a c-section...sux! Eat up while you can & good luck this morning!!

LindseyE117 April 19th, 2012 08:20 AM

Wow long waits in the hospital suck. I'm sorry. Hopefully things will start moving along soon enough.

~Tanya~ April 19th, 2012 08:28 AM

I hope things get going so you can hold your little girl! I'm happy you get to eat though :)

Pitridge April 19th, 2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadeauxe (Post 25916635)
All typos courtesy of the iPad.

:rofl:
I'm sorry about all the waiting, I hope things get moving for you today.

.:Shortcake:. April 19th, 2012 08:33 AM

Courtney that stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sending you lots of http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g.../labordust.gif

*SamF* April 19th, 2012 08:38 AM

Thinking of you!! Hope she comes soon!

NsMommy April 19th, 2012 08:47 AM

Blah! But the end is near!!! Hang in there!
Glad you got to eat! You'll need the energy soon :).

K.A.T April 19th, 2012 08:53 AM

I hope you progress and go into active labor quickly.

doremi April 19th, 2012 08:57 AM

I hope this baby gets movin' for you soon! Good luck today!

Hopefulpinkangel April 19th, 2012 09:59 AM

Come on baby! Good luck!! Can't wait to see pictures!

humnck April 19th, 2012 10:35 AM

UGH, waiting is the hardest part:) Yay for TV and for breakfast! I hope things started up soon after you posted this...

shen7 April 19th, 2012 10:58 AM

Good thing you've got the iPad ;) I recommend Zite for reading and Angry Birds for making time pass quickly!! HBO movies on demand are good too of course. Still sending ELVs! :)

ETA: houzz for designing your fantasy dream house is also awesome and semi mindless.

lindsey2000k April 19th, 2012 11:54 AM

I hope things get moving quick for you.

BeckyBozeman April 19th, 2012 01:16 PM

Wow... here's hoping that things have picked up by now. My laptop, phone and mp3 player are so going with me to the birth center! Sounds like no fun to wait!

Hope she hurries safely Courtney!!