JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Dr. appt this past Friday (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2716324-dr-appt-past-friday.html)

CLS2616 April 14th, 2014 06:56 AM

Dr. appt this past Friday

I had my Dr. appt Friday (29 weeks on Friday). I got my TDAP shot :( It hurt and my arm still hurts :(

Anyways, I posted a while back how "itcy" i've been down in that region and I mentioned it to one of the Docs on my team a while back and she said that it was probably just because of the extra moisture plus the panty liner etc and suggested I try a different panty liner. WELL, it's still been driving me crazy and I have tried EVERYTHING to make it stop. It's been weeks! So I decided to say something again on Friday. The Dr. checked me and took a sample or whatever and turns out I have a flipping YEAST INFECTION! Seriously.... I'm so annoyed that I didn't push the issue further the first time weeks ago. I've been miserable, not to mention now I'm worried about baby. I decided against the pill that they offered me and asked for the cream instead, then I realized after I picked up my prescription that I have to instert the dang stuff up inside.. Sorry TMI but I'm just not happy lol Dr. said my cervix is closed so no chance of hurting baby but it still bothers me horribly!

Has anyone had any experience with yeast infections during pregnancy? I don't even remember the last time I had one. I think I've maybe had ONE my whole life....?

MelChicago April 14th, 2014 07:43 AM

Re: Dr. appt this past Friday

Yeah, I had one a few months ago that came back after a few weeks. I took the diflucan pill, and everything was fine. My OB said neither the infection nor the treatment are harmful to baby.

I actually think I might have one again- apparently they are common during pg.

lelila April 14th, 2014 08:18 AM

No worries honey. I have had one during every single pregnancy. It's really common. I treat them with an over the counter pack. I don't even say anything to my OB anymore.

Baby should be fine. I hope you get relief!

CLS2616 April 14th, 2014 08:41 AM

Thanks, happy to hear it's common! I need to stop freaking out so much.

melissalaw April 14th, 2014 09:54 AM

I had a yeast infection while pregnant with Jackson and they gave me the cream. It help with the infection and didn't affect Jackson at all. I wish your dr would have checked you weeks ago. sucks you suffered all this time. They are no fun at all. Hope it goes away quickly

MoonAngel702 April 14th, 2014 10:02 AM

So sorry to hear that :( I hope the cream works it's magic for you in no time. You have been suffering with that for far too long!

Around 23-ish weeks I was almost certain I had a yeast infection b/c I was so itchy. Went to the doc, he explained how hormones can cause the itch. But did a swab just to be sure and it didn't show any kind of infection and the itching stopped the next day. So strange how these things can happen! I wish your doc would have checked you weeks ago though when you first started having issues. Feel better soon and I'm sure baby will be just fine! :)

humnck April 14th, 2014 11:22 AM

UGH! That sucks! I wish your doc had done a culture anyways.

Boos Moo April 14th, 2014 01:45 PM

I'm sorry, that really sucks. I hope you get relief quickly.

Schofield06 April 14th, 2014 04:57 PM

Sorry! Hope it clears up soon.