JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/f256-recurrent-miscarriage-and-pregnancy-loss/)
-   -   After five, head and heart just disagree. (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/f256-recurrent-miscarriage-and-pregnancy-loss/2672607-after-five-head-and-heart-just-disagree.html)

doublejs August 15th, 2013 09:52 PM

After five, head and heart just disagree.

Hello, everyone. I'm not entirely social online, but at times when I cannot sleep I just search. I'm not sure what to do with myself sometimes. In the years my husband and I have been trying to have children, I have only had miscarriages. I have lost five, and as of late, I've wanted to talk to him about trying again.

I want to have my own children, at this point I'll take child, but my head says to just give up, it's not happening. I have had no reason found for any of the miscarriages, which really hurts. I just really don't know what to do about this.

plan4fate August 15th, 2013 10:27 PM

Re: After five, head and heart just disagree.

*hugs*

I'm sorry for your losses.

What testing have you had done to see why it's happening?

I'm Ashley, the only host of this board right now. Prior to my marriage I had 5 chemicals, and 3 8w+ losses with two of those being identical twins. Since getting married, I've had 5 additional losses, all chemicals. As of yet we have no reason for why, because we have undergone no testing (no insurance). We have a few suspected reasons, and are hoping to get final answers either this fall, or early next year.

doublejs August 17th, 2013 02:58 PM

Hi Ashley. If you want you can call me Jade. We've tested just about everything I think. All the way from chromosomes to thyroid.

geogeek August 17th, 2013 09:04 PM

I am so sorry that you are going through this. I had to have progesterone to be able to stay pregnant with my daughter after 5 losses. I know all about having heart and head in 2 different places. Lots of hugs.

doublejs August 19th, 2013 11:44 AM

Thank you. It's kind of amazing, really. I can't say I didn't know that others went through this, but it's really nice knowing there actually are and I can reach out and touch them.

geogeek August 19th, 2013 11:51 AM

I really wish that no one had to go through this, but I also agree that it is nice that we can have people around that truly understands how it feels to have gone through this as well.

doublejs August 19th, 2013 12:31 PM

I'm not looking to sound offensive, but the best way I can put this is that everyone here seems much more sincere in their "Oh I'm so sorry"s.

plan4fate August 19th, 2013 03:33 PM

We likely are.

Something I've noticed when telling "strangers" about my losses is their "I'm sorries" are forced and filled with pity. Which just makes me more angry about the loss to start with since I don't want pity.

I've never felt pity on the JM loss boards, and I've been here for 5.5 years.

doublejs August 20th, 2013 09:52 AM

I guess that's part of the reason why I hate telling people. Even if they mean it, the way they say things doesn't seem like they really care.