JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive after Loss (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/f114-trying-to-conceive-after-loss/)
-   -   Thursday Thoughts! (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/f114-trying-to-conceive-after-loss/2693783-thursday-thoughts.html)

.:Shortcake:. November 21st, 2013 10:12 AM

Thursday Thoughts!

Okay ladies... what are your thoughts on vitamins? Do you take them? If so what do you take, how much and why?

Tiffany8620 November 21st, 2013 11:08 AM

Re: Thursday Thoughts!

I've taken prenatal vitamins since a few months before getting pregnant with DS.

In general, I think vitamins are fine, but you shouldn't use them in place of trying to get everything your body needs from actual food. :)

momology November 21st, 2013 12:47 PM

I have been taking prenatal vitamins since April of 2012 but those are the only vitamins I take. My DH takes a daily vitamin as well but in general I agree with Tiffany - even though we take the vitamins we try and make sure we eat a healthy well balanced diet.

I did put a lot of thought into my prenatals. . . folic acid vs. folate, prescription vs. over the counter, etc and I tried several before I landed on the one I am currently on.

The Purple Butterfly November 21st, 2013 01:06 PM

Before I found out I had blood clotting disorders, I was taking Rainbow Light Complete. Loved it! Now, I take my vitamins individually. I take vit D, vit C, calcium, garlic, folate, and probiotics. I eat paleo, so I get much of my vitamins from my diet. I just fill in where I'm lacking.... Esp around flu season!

Rainbow Catcher November 21st, 2013 01:38 PM

I'm similar here as well - prenatals... we've been taking them since a month or two before we started ttc... and I take them every day religiously!

butterfly721 November 21st, 2013 02:33 PM

I started taking prenatals when I found out I was pregnant in July, but after my miscarriage in August, I stopped taking them. I should start taking them again.

JackieV November 21st, 2013 04:11 PM

I have been taking vitamins, even before TTC. Once we were TTC, I started on my prenatal. This last pregnancy, I was on all OTC Vitamins: Prenatal with DHA, folate, Super B-Complex, Iron and Cranberry. Even before TTC, i was found to be anemic and was prone to UTI's. So, that is why I added the Iron and Cranberry. I stopped tang them last week when I found out I have miscarried. I will start them back up but needed to wait until my appetite returned :/ even though I won't be TTC for about 2-3 months, I will still take them all so that all the nutrients are there for the next time i do get pregnant :)

Danielle.W November 21st, 2013 04:20 PM

I take 6000 mg of omegas
a prenatal
B complex
Folate
10000 of vitamin D
probiotics
Royal Jelly
and Maca :)

ashleyjo November 21st, 2013 07:21 PM

I only took prenatals.. I stopped the day I found out the baby had passed.. I'm still constipated from the **** things :(

Danielle80 November 21st, 2013 09:34 PM

I take prenatal, vitamin D and baby aspirin.