JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   TTC #1 Grads Journals (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1723-ttc-1-grads-journals/)
-   -   Crystal's Baby Emmalyn Journal :) (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1723-ttc-1-grads-journals/2514440-crystals-baby-emmalyn-journal.html)

Crystallee June 7th, 2012 12:12 AM

Re: Crystal and Joe's First bubs journal :) Updated with 12w pics 6/6

My mother makes me /sigh. lol There is just no point in arguing with her. I told her about how the doc I want to switch too seems neat because he does breech and vbacs and such and she said "You shouldn't go there, that means he has BAD judgement!" lol. She just doesn't get it or get what I want. Every word I say, she argues with. Cloth diapering is gross and uses too much energy and is unhygienic, EBF for the first year is detrimental to babies health, extended breast feeding is weird, no pacifiers are barbaric, no bottles at first is stupid because how will she feed the baby!, not letting baby go to day long visits at her house in the first 6 months or so is just NOT fair, waiting for the cord to stop pulsating is DANGEROUS, csections are safe and easier!, when I was a baby my carseat was in the front seat of the car, what does it matter if I want to rearface longer, and the LIST GOES ON AND ON. I am seriously going to find a bridge and push her off ;) oh and babies who cosleep die and so do babies that are worn in slings. I surrender. She wins. I am seriously never telling her anything ever never never ever again. *****Disclaimer, the previous views in this post are shared by my mother and her alone lol. I disagree with every single darn statement.

Mom2JDub June 7th, 2012 06:34 AM

Sorry your mom's views are so opposed to your own. I was just talking to my mom last night, and she was trying to dissuade me from breastfeeding. :eek:

She said that formula feeding is just so much easier. Yeah, because parenting is supposed to be about taking the easiest route possible. :rolleyes:

kbpeanut June 7th, 2012 08:49 AM

I'm sorry your mom and you aren't seeing eye to eye. I have that with my mom A LOT. So far, though, she's been wonderful with this pregnancy. The upside is that one, I had my bro and SIL to break her in and two, she's never been pregnant (brother and I are both adopted), so she can't say anything from a pregnancy standpoint. At the end of the day, your choices are YOURS not hers. Do what you feel is best for YOUR little one, and she will have to learn to live with it. Hang in there, kiddo.

Belita June 7th, 2012 12:31 PM

Sorry your mom is so opposed to your viewpoints. I hope she'll respect your decisions.

Crystallee June 9th, 2012 04:28 PM

Went out today garage saling again. I got two swaddleme sleep sacks for a dollar each that look unused, a brand new pregnancy pillow that goes down your front and back for 5 bucks in the package and everything, an adorable dress that is completely NOT gender neutral obviously lol and some cute little shorts that were a quarter and would probably fit during next years summer. Great fun! I am super sore and exhausted after it though so off to eat and nap I go!

Crystallee June 14th, 2012 07:13 AM

13 Weeks!
So my NT scan and next appt are on Monday YAY. Fun day for me aaaaaaaaaaand Karin. This just dawned on me a minute ago that Monday was a big day for us both. Anyways, I am trying to make a decision about a concert in late September. I will be 27 weeks :eek: and I can't decide if I think I will be up for it or not. It won't be super hot here by then, there will be seating and vendors and it will be outdoors but there is an indoor area to go to if needed. I just can't decide. What do you guys think? Total rock concert btw. Dh will go with or without me but I really wanna go.

Mom2JDub June 14th, 2012 07:18 AM

I still felt pretty darn good at 27 weeks. The third trimester kick-me-in-my *** feelings didn't arrive until a couple weeks later. I say go for it. You could always sell the tickets if it doesn't end up working out.

I really, really want to go to a concert that is August 15. Yeah, that's not happening. :p At 27 weeks, though, I think that's feasible.

Crystallee June 14th, 2012 07:21 AM

Yeah now that I looked at the venue more online, I think it will be alright. We went to one of their concerts last year and were in the mosh pit and there is NO way I could do that pregnant. NONE zip. lol. This is all outdoorsy and open.

Mom2JDub June 14th, 2012 07:26 AM

Outdoorsy and open with plenty of places to sit and the ability to stay hydrated sounds fine to me. Of course, you could feel like total crap by then, but I say live your life. You won't be going to any concerts for quite a while after the baby arrives. :D

kbpeanut June 14th, 2012 09:36 AM

I agree, I think you should try it as long as there is seating and it's well ventilated. DH and I are huge fans of live music of all kinds, metal is one of them. When we go see Metallica (my favorite band of all time), we always get their uber early for a rail spot. That would be the farthest thing from my mind while pregnant - at any number of weeks. You've been in the pit, you know how that goes :)

But if there is seating and such, I don't see why not. It will all depend on how you are feeling. And you can almost always sell tickets on Stub Hub or eBay if you decide when it gets closer that you can't use them.

Yay for Monday! Big day for both of us!!

Belita June 14th, 2012 09:41 AM

I agree with the others. Have fun!!!

DaniM0820 June 14th, 2012 10:16 AM

I'm 27 weeks now and 3rd trimester exhaustion hasn't set in yet :D The only problems I have are my feet hurt if I'm standing or walking too much and my back hurts if I sit too much. Soooo if you have seating there then you could get a great balance of sitting AND standing so you aren't in too much pain... OR it will cause you to hurt all over :P Really though, I think you will be fine, just try not to sit right in front of the speaker :D

Crystallee June 14th, 2012 05:25 PM

Thanks guys, I think I will go for sure. I could always give my ticket to a friend of dh's to go with him if I don't feel like it then. We are having a hard week. DH is having some really cruddy and scary medical issues and I am just worried a lot about it all. I finally talked to a couple of his docs today and expressed that they needed to get with the program and help us faster and they were super helpful so i feel a little better. I am trying to just be excited and look forward to Monday and seeing bubs again.

Belita June 14th, 2012 06:14 PM

I hope your husband feels better and they figure out what's wrong with him! :hug:

kbpeanut June 14th, 2012 07:08 PM

I just saw two posts within this thread talking about grads who are either at 27 wks or talking about when they were at 27 weeks. WHERE DID THE TIME GO you guys??? Dani and Adrienne...holy cow! Time flew! Seems like you guys just got your BFPs!!

Good for you Crystal. Get the ticket, you can worry about using it later, as it gets closer!

JennyLee June 14th, 2012 07:15 PM

Just popping in to say hi! I don't keep up with the grads journals very well, but I will try to check back and see how your scan goes on Monday!

Mom2JDub June 14th, 2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbpeanut (Post 26166793)
I just saw two posts within this thread talking about grads who are either at 27 wks or talking about when they were at 27 weeks. WHERE DID THE TIME GO you guys??? Dani and Adrienne...holy cow! Time flew! Seems like you guys just got your BFPs!!

Seriously! I hit single digits (in terms of weeks to go) on Sunday. :eek:

Tammyms June 14th, 2012 08:16 PM

Hoping DH is ok!!

DaniM0820 June 15th, 2012 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbpeanut (Post 26166793)

I find myself more scared than excited sometimes.... I am COMPLETELY ill-prepared!!

Doesn't life have some sort of "pause" button?? :lol:

Crystallee June 16th, 2012 04:08 PM

I fully agree that time is FLYING by lol. I can't believe I am in my 14th week.... I hit the 2nd trimester officially in my doctors eyes tomorrow. I feel safe in one way because it has gone on so long, but then I am scared in another because our NT scan is in two days and I just stress and worry about what it could show. I just am praying for a healthy little baby. They said they would put it on a cd for us but I don't know if they mean the pictures or like a video but I spose we will see. As far as symptoms go, my patience is paper thin. It seems as if between DH and other people , all that I get to hear is complaining and whining about why things won't work rather than just manning up and thinking of how to make something work or solutions, rather than (insert bad word)ing. Oh well. Such is life I suppose. I went on another round of garage saling and went to old navy this week and got a couple cute clearanced out holiday outfits that are gender neutral, a glider foot stool and I got several more maternity tops and now feel set on those. The only other two maternity items I need to purchase are a sleep bra and some capris and I am set for a long while, maybe even til the end unless I outgrow the tops in which case I will have to get some more. Tonight I am going to my grandparents to have dinner with my dad for fathers day. Joe bowed out so I am going alone so maybe I will get a little bit of relaxation with someone else cooking for a night :) Dh also said he is bringing me home an "awesome surprise" so I have to admit I'm a little stoked :) I got DH a card for fathers day that was super duper cute and I already gave it to him so I don't know if we will do much tomorrow. He works so that he can drive me and go to the NT scan on Monday. Did I mention my small whine that it is over an hour away? I don't know how the heck I am supposed to chug 32oz of water and ride allllll the way there without stopping for a potty break or wearing a diaper ;) They also asked me to bring some orange juice and to chug it in the waiting room so that is like 40oz of liquid!!!! They did say though that if I couldn't hold it they would just do a transvag which I would almost prefer anyways to get better pictures. We will see I guess. I have no issue with those types of ultrasounds because I had a million for fertility stuff and all mine so far have been that kind so no biggie to me. My dad just called as we "speak" and pushed back dinner to 8 so that will leave time for a nap YES! My dogs are still on my (insert bad word) list. General naughtiness and orneriness. I have been locking them in the living room with DH, gathering my cats and hiding in the bedroom with them and pretending i have no dogs while snuggling kittens. I love them to pieces but I just can't roughhouse like I used to with them. I am back in a super duper tired phase (maybe a growth spurt?) where I feel like I can barely get anything done. The house is back in disarray but I am going to work on it tomorrow. Most of it is clutter and dishes. I think that is all I have got as far as updates go until Monday. Can't wait!