JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Unplanned Pregnancy (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/)
-   -   HELP... (https://www.justmommies.com/forums/f100-unplanned-pregnancy/688696-help.html)

ShelliBelli August 14th, 2007 11:10 AM

<div align='center'></div>
Hey everyone...
I am new here and need some help. I am 29 years old, just broke up with my boyfriend, have known quite a few weeks that Im pregnant (which was definatly unplanned), have no insurance, just lost my job and have not been to the doctor. Gosh that all sounds awful. :rolleyes: Anyway, what do you do when you are pregnant with not much money and no insurance. Like I said Ive known for a while now and need to get to the doctor but cant afford it. And I havent told anyone except my boyfriend. Its not gonna go over so well with my family. Any advice???

Mom2DyJessAva August 14th, 2007 12:23 PM

im just a lurker but i wanted to answer your question...You can apply for masshealth or medicaid (sp).. You will without any doubt get that insurance. Also after you get a confirmation from your doctor you can go apply for WIC and foodstamps..btw congrats on your bundle of joy!

HighwayDaisy August 14th, 2007 10:35 PM

She said it all already, but I would also swing by the grocery store and get some cheap prenatal vitamins if you can. They won't be the best you could be taking, but they'll help a bit for now. I'm not sure if Planned Parenthood is anywhere near you, but they can also give you some cheap temporary help until the rest of that goes through.

Also, make sure when you apply you let them know you are pregnant because that will help speed the process along for you.

blessdmommy August 15th, 2007 11:19 AM

I applied for Medicaid a week ago (tomorrow) and I'm waiting on a letter.

Oh I also wanted to mention that you can get some vitamins with folic acid in them from Wal-Mart for around 6 dollars.
Right now I'm taking Centrum and have been since before I knew I was pregnant...has 500 mg of folic acid

msbritt86 August 15th, 2007 12:16 PM

Im just lurking but I had to apply for medical assistance when i got pregnant, I am actually still on it, its different in each state so I would contact your department of human resources. Good luck!

angelinheaven22 August 20th, 2007 03:21 PM

Just take it easy. don't get to stressed out. Stuart prenatal viatamins are great, and you can get them with no prescription. they are the closes thing to what a doctor will give you. also... i have some other advice if you would like to contact me... [email protected]

asianmama August 20th, 2007 11:13 PM

if u are waiting for anytype of state assistance- u need to get a confirmation of pregnancy befor they will acept u or deny u-- if u have a pregnancy resource center- they can get the ball moving for state assistance. once u get a confirmation of pregnancy letter u can go down to ur county's local wic centers and they will provide u with "food coupon checks " so u can eat good. u need to go to ur states website- departman of human services- and try to get medicaid. i am pretty sure u can get assistances.. the pregnancy resource enter can help with items for the baby--furniture,clothes for both u and the baby..( at least the one near me had those options--i didnt need the help- i just need the confirmation letter to get insurance)

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright © 2003-2012 JustMommies.com, All Rights Reserved.