Getting around town with a little one in tow isn’t usually “easy breezy.” Going shopping, visiting the doctor, or traveling normally involves either lugging a heavy car seat with baby inside or constantly having to strap your baby in and out of the car seat and leave it in the car. If you want to use a travel system, you have to open your trunk, pull out and unfold the stroller, and attach the car seat to the base of the stroller.
The Doona car seat seeks to change this longtime struggle, with its uniquely designed car seat that transforms into a stroller and back!
Get to Know the Doona
Doona is the only infant car seat with a completely integrated mobility solution. There is no need to connect the car seat to a stroller—you just push a button and the wheels unfold, and it quickly becomes a stroller. This means no more lugging heavy car seats around, no more carrying a separate stroller, no confusing adaptors or snapping your car seat in and out of a stroller. Just grab your car seat, release the wheels and go--perfect for busy moms and dads!
Doona’s design is extremely user-friendly. With just the touch of a button it turns from car seat to stroller and back, thus offering a great solution both in and outside of the car. The Doona car seat is so convenient you can use it everywhere - at the store, running errands, or traveling in an uber, taxi, train or airplane.
But what about safety? As wonderful as convenience is, safety is top priority when it comes to picking a car seat. Luckily, you don’t have to choose between convenience and safety: the Doona infant car seat has a five-star NHTSA rating. It is designed to fit newborns to older infants (4-35 lbs) and up to 32 inches. It comes with an infant insert for babies between 4-11 lbs. The insert should be removed once the baby outgrows this weight or cannot be positioned properly, and all other installation and use guidelines should be carefully followed to ensure safety.
- Doona is certified as a car seat, stroller, and infant carrier.
- Its handle serves as an anti-rebound bar when installed in the car, providing extra protection in case of front impact collisions.
- Doona’s unique double wall structure enables the folding of the wheels into the Doona body, thus delivering an additional significant safety benefit. The two layers of durable impact–absorbing plastic, along with additional layers of EPS, foam and textiles provide enhanced side-impact protection which better protects the baby in case of an accident.
- Doona is equipped with a 5-point harness (the best in the industry).
- All textiles meet the strictest and toughest US and EU standards.
- It earned a 5-star rating from NHTSA.
The infant insert and the headrest are made of a bamboo material, which is naturally anti-bacterial, which is great for drooly little babies who put everything in their mouth. The insert and headrest can be hand washed. The textile set and the hood can be washed in the washing machine and air dried.
The Doona infant car seat is stylish and practical. It does require a bigger investment than a traditional infant car seat and stroller; however, the price is consistent with that of higher end car seats and stroller systems. It is important to note that Doona is the only car seat currently available with this design and dual functionality. If you are looking for top safety features, style, and maximum convenience, definitely consider the Doona infant car seat.
Doona is available at www.pishposhbaby.com, www.nordstrom.com and www.buybuybaby.com. For additional information visit www.doonausa.com