Christmas. Nine simple letters that infuse joy into children and bring parents to their knees. You may be the mom who loves the holiday season with all its gift-buying and holiday planning, or you may be the mom who feels a shroud layer down atop her with the passing of Thanksgiving, knowing you'll dread the next month. For both moms, & every mom in between, we have a list of helpful apps to help you not only get into the Christmas spirit but also to organize and keep all your Christmas chores in line.
1. Santa's Bag ~ This app is a Christmas shopper's dream, the perfect list-making tool. Keeping track of who is on your gift list, what you've bought for everyone on your list, how much you've spent, and how your budget stands before and after each purchase are all part of what Santa's Bag will do for you. Add in cute graphics and a running count-down to December 25th, and this is an app to bring serious cheer to your holiday season.
2. Red Stamp ~ Imagine not being haunted this year by your Christmas card list. Red Stamp will do the honor of taking that burden from you, with a fully customizable app for selecting, designing, uploading, posting, printing, and even sending this year's holiday greetings. With over 2,000 designs to choose from, and the option to mail your cards directly from Red Stamp, you'll have plenty of time for sitting under the tree with a warm beverage this Christmas!
3. Christmas Radio ~ Everyone knows Christmas begins with music. It's why we make ourselves wait until the day after Thanksgiving to start listening, and then listen until we're humming “Jingle Bells” in our sleep the entire month of December. This app is a simple way to keep all your favorite carols and Christmas songs with you and easily accessible to buoy your holiday spirit for the entire season.
4. Christmas Ringtones 2016 ~ Your mother-in-law is calling to make plans for Christmas Day. How do you know? You've assigned her one of the oodles of Christmas ringtones from the Christmas Ringtones 2016 app, and NO, it wasn't “The Grinch.” And with this app, every time you get a text, your phone sings “Joy to the World”. Other songs available on this year's installment of ringtones: O Holy Night, Deck the Halls, and Frosty the Snowman, as well as many others. Who knew phones could be so festive?
5. Elf Yourself ~ There may not be anything more fun during the Christmas season than to see your husband dancing to hiphop in tights alongside the kids and the cat. Begin by taking screenshots of yourself and up to three other “dancers,” choose a musical theme, and hit play. Not only will you roll with hysterics, you can also share you and yours jigging away on all your social media platforms. It doesn't get much jollier than that!
6. NORAD Tracks Santa ~ An adorable app to get the little and not-so-little ones excited about Santa's magical flight! Play a game to help the elves, follow along as the app counts down to when Santa takes off with his sleigh-ful, and track Santa's progress on Christmas Eve. This is sure to please all those in your household awaiting Santa's arrival.
7. How the Grinch Stole Christmas ~ What more do you need, after the work is done and the fun has been had then to sit down and enjoy the Christmas lights, a mug of hot cocoa, and a little one pulled into your lap? This interactive story is a delightful retelling of the Seuss classic with custom sound effects and professional narration, guaranteed to infuse Christmas joy into the biggest and tiniest hearts.
So, whether you need a hand with your Christmas card list or just want to amp up the festive fun this holiday season, these apps are sure to add a little merry to your Christmas.