Whether they’re wearing caftans and sunglasses or leather hot pants, today’s celeb moms are re-inventing the traditional mommy uniform. Here are our picks for the top 10 ladies with the styles we covet most!
10) Katie Holmes: During her little Joey Potter days on “Dawson’s Creek,” Katie Holmes was fresh-faced and pretty, but certainly no fashionista. That all changed when she connected with Tom Cruise! Suddenly, tomboy Joey lopped off her shaggy locks into a sleek bob that women around the country couldn’t wait to copy, and began showing up in stilettos with trendsetter Victoria Beckham at couture fashion shows. Now, her daughter Suri seems to have inherited mom’s love for designer threads – Hollywood’s top tot wouldn’t be caught outside the sandbox in anything less than upscale labels such as Bonpoint and Juicy Couture!
9) Michelle Obama: Not since Jackie Kennedy Onassis has a First Lady garnered so many headlines for her young and vibrant fashion sense. Whether she’s wearing one of her trademark cardigan sweaters to shuttle around Sasha and Malia or pairing smoky eyes with a Jason Wu evening gown for a White House dinner, the new “Mrs. O” is reforming stuffy White House style!
8) Reese Witherspoon: She played a Bel Air princess with a passion for pink in “Legally Blonde,” but in real life, this Southern belle takes a page out of Audrey Hepburn’s classic style book. Favoring skinny black pants, ballet flats and headbands over bubble-gum pink shoes and nails, Reese always looks trim and tailored.
7) Heidi Klum: With the entire fashion world at her beck and call, Project Runway’s leggy hostess will never be auf’d from the best-dressed lists. But when she’s not on the catwalk, Heidi tosses those stilettos and tends to kids Henry, Leni and Johan in gladiator sandals, skinny jeans and trendy Tees.
6) Sarah Jessica Parker: Pink tutus? Yes. Manolo Blahnik stilettos? Check. As the lead of New York’s fiercest fashion foursome, Sarah Jessica gets to wear some of the most fun and outrageous designer duds on the planet! But her personal street style is much more urban and accessible – think military-style coats, high-heeled booties and Helmut Lang jeans.
5) Jennifer Lopez: She may have shuttered her JLO and Sweetface clothing lines, but Max and Emme’s caliente madre proved she can still rock the red carpet at the 2010 Academy Awards. Her show-stopping ice-pink gown by Giorgio Armani Prive set the tabloids abuzz and made several best-dressed lists.
4) Nicole Kidman: Before her daughter Sunday Rose was born, Nicole never seemed to leave the house in anything less than a haute couture evening gown. Motherhood has certainly softened this designer princess. These days you’re more likely to find her in soft bohemian sundresses, sandals and distressed jeans.
3) Gwen Stefani: Even while pregnant, No Doubt’s Hollaback Girl didn’t sacrifice her streetwise style , showing off her growing belly in bold, leopard print gowns with her trademark red pout. This spring, Kingston and Zuma’s mom showed off even more of her wicked style – debuting L.A.M.B.’s fall 2010 fashion line in New York while wearing black leather hot pants and a sculpted biker jacket!
2) Nicole Richie: While pregnant with baby Harlow, “The Simple Life” star’s hippie-chic maxi-dresses, peasant tops and headbands drew so much fanfare, she created her own self-named line with the help of A Pea in the Pod maternity. Now, she’s expanded that concept into a new line of boho shoes and womens’ wear dubbed after her daughter’s middle names, Winter Kate.
1) Victoria Beckham: She practically sleeps in stilettos, so it’s no surprise Victoria Beckham is the queen bee of our Most Stylish Moms list! Despite having to wrangle three boys (four, including hubby David!), Posh Spice always cuts a ferosh figure – even showing up looking like a sexy stormtrooper in head to toe black leather (pants, shirt and pointy-shouldered jacket) recently to the kids’ school picnic!