Back in August we asked Justmommies members to submit their favorite mommy blogs and we had an overwhelming response. We had blogs submitted with different themes, topics, styles, and designs and all with their unique mommy attitude! We went through hundreds of blogs and included all of our favorites in this unique list of the top 100 mommy blogs of 2007! To make the list easier to swallow and a little more organized for you to read as well, we have divided the blogs into different categories.
Mommy Tales, Witty, Funny, & Entertaining Blogs1. http://rocksinmydryer.typepad.com/ - Rocks in my dryer came out as our number one blog. She has style, humor, class, and just an awesome blog.
2. http://www.absolutelybananas.com/ - Her blog is absolutely hilarious and pulls in the number two spot on our list. I got a personal chuckle out of the yoga story as I attempt yoga on my own. This is a fantastic blog all around.
3. http://theredneckmommy.com - I'm not sure what I liked most about this blog, the design, the writing, or the humor, but either way this blog ranked number three on our list. She shares tales from her life that are amusing and entertaining.
4.http://www.fridayplaydate.com/ - Here is another blog that made our list. Her blog has a little of everything for moms. True life stories with a comical flare, absolutely charming and this ranked her blog number four on our list.
5. http://mom2my6pack.blogspot.com - A treat for blog readers. You won't leave her blog without having a good laugh.
Other witty, funny, and entertaining mommy blogs in this category:
6. http://www.thedanafiles.com/ 7.
Parenting & Mothering Blogs16. http://antiquemommy.com/ - Of all the blogs I read while creating this list, this was one of my favorites. Her entries are a real pick me up, positive, encouraging, and some are quite funny as well. She has amazing photography to boot! Her blog is an absolute delight and topped our list in the parenting and mothering category! Kudos to a great blog. 17. http://littlestuffoflife.blogspot.com/ - Another fantastic mothering blog, she includes everything from safety tips to baby wearing in her own unique style. Every post to her blog made was informative and entertaining.
18. http://theshapeofamother.com/home.php - Shape of a Mother was an overwhelming favorite of Justmommies members. The blog is a collection of photos and more of the various shapes, sizes, colors, and ethnicity of motherhood. It is a beautiful representation of motherhood and had to be included in our list.
19. http://www.help4newmoms.blogspot.com/- Her blog is not only witty but is filled with tips for new moms. My personal favorite was her post on the "Ten Pound Rule". If you haven't seen this blog, you should definitely check it out.
20. http://thelifeofsuz.blogspot.com/ - Another member favorite, this blog shares the amazing story of raising quadruplets. She has a delightful collection of stories of her babies and beautiful pictures as well. Blogs that couldn't be left out of our list in this category.
21. http://anordinarymom.wordpress.com/ 31.
Trying to Conceive Blogs36. http://mamawannabe.wordpress.com/ - I love this blog! Need I say more. I couldn't help but be entranced reading her blog. She shares her struggles and her heart in her blog about infertility and baby making.
37. http://uncommonmisconception.typepad.com/home/ - Another beautiful blog about infertility, pregnancy, and motherhood. This blog could have easily fit into many of the categories on our list, but we felt it was such an encouragement for women trying to get pregnant that it just had to go here.
We found quite a few great trying to conceive and infertility blogs. The ones below finish out this category.
Pregnancy Blogs44. http://www.muchmorethanamom.com/ - This has to be one of the cutest pregnancy blogs I have read. Poor overdue mama has kept me entertained reading all of her events of pregnancy. A cute blog, and comes in number one for pregnancy blogs in my book.
45. http://wonderfullymadebelliesandbabies.blogspot.com/ - Although not a traditional pregnancy blog, we felt this blog was a perfect fit for this category. She has tons of information on natural childbirth, the beauty of pregnancy, and more.
Believe it or not we had to look a little harder for pregnancy blogs. Amazingly enough all of them turn into baby, mommy, and parenting blogs, but we found a few more to top off the list for this category.
Baby Blogs52. http://www.bloggymommy.com/blog/ - Here's another blog that I really liked. This is a blog from a first time mom. She does a great job sharing her journey into motherhood.
53. http://www.child-of-mine.blogspot.com/ - A nice blog sharing the joys of a new baby, first Christmas, and all the delights of being a mom.
Some more baby blogs submitted by our members: 54.
Breastfeeding Blogs60. http://www.thehumanpacifier.blogspot.com/ - Beautiful breastfeeding blog. She does a great job putting breastfeeding in a positive light and encouraging and supporting other mommies who breastfeed. Her blog ranks number one in the breastfeeding category.
61. http://thelactivist.blogspot.com/ - This blog is for the lactivists out there. Anything you want to know about current breastfeeding issues is here. This blog may not be for everyone, but it is one of the best breastfeeding blogs on the web.
62. http://www.organizedmom.net/ - She has everything from cleaning to budgeting, recipes, crafts, and more. A gorgeous design and filled with useful information. This pulls in the number one spot for this category.
Below are more spectacular home making, frugal living, and home organization blogs.
Special Needs Blogs 74. http://turnonmyears.blogspot.com/ This blog inspired the addition of this category. You could not help but feel touched after reading her son's journey after having cochlear implants placed in both ears. An incredible blog, for an inspiring little boy.
75. http://www.benandbenniewaddell.blogspot.com/ - This is actually a daddy blog, but the daddy writing this blog has done a bang-up job with it so we just had to include it in our list. He shares his story of daddyhood with his exceptional son who has extremely rare genetic disorder.
76. http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/calypsolane - Calypso's journey to and from this earth has to be one of the much touching and heartfelt blogs I have read. You will not leave this blog without shedding a tear, yet feeling a perfect presence from the angels that surround us. A beautiful blog and a beautiful tribute to a beautiful baby. Calypso's blog tops our list for the grief and loss category.
81. http://twinladybugs.blogspot.com/ - Another incredible blog from a Justmommies member who has lost a child is this one. Her blog tells the story of her loss of one of her twins, grieving, and life that goes on after a loss. She does a wonderful job with it.
Other grief & comfort blogs that made our list. 82. http://www.homeschool-diva.com/ - A great blog for homeschooling moms. She shares her tips and ideas and projects, current books she is reading and more.
Other terrific homeschool blogs:
86. http://thirtyhandmadedays.blogspot.com/ - This is an spectacular blog filled with all kinds of creative gifts that you can make. Perfect for all the crafty moms out there.
Craft and hobby blogs to finish up the category:
92. http://www.nicoleonthenet.com/ - Nicole is one of our favorites in the wahm website industry so of course we had to feature her blog here. She's done a super job with this blog and thought it should head up this category.